Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We have sold...  (Read 65246 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 15:38:25 »

what millwall factor? you mean being scared of going cos it's millwall?!!!

To a regular fan...not going to be much of a disincentive.

If you live locally, don't go to (m)any games, were thinking of taking the wife and kids to Wembley for a day out and wanted to see what the football thing was all about...Millwall's reputation might just sway you in to not going.

Gutted if we don't reach 30k.

If we win, I think I'd be able to handle the disappointment of a Swindon attendance figure starting with a '2'.  (That said, I'm sure we will sell a few thousand more.  Maybe not a complete sell out of our allocation, but there will be enough of us there on Saturday for there to be an impressive sea of red & white.)
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 15:39:19 »

We have overachieved this season (is the nicest possible way!) and Saturday is an unexpected bonus.

Whereas with Oxford, this really was a make or break match for them. I know many Oxford ST holders who were thinking of not renewing next year.

After 4/5 seasons down there and leading the league by a mile at Christmas, they had to win. A loss would have sent them spiraling even lower...if that was possible!

So 30k is not too shabby.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 16:54:35 »

To a regular fan...not going to be much of a disincentive.

If you live locally, don't go to (m)any games, were thinking of taking the wife and kids to Wembley for a day out and wanted to see what the football thing was all about...Millwall's reputation might just sway you in to not going.
Yup, I spoke to a load of "kind of interested in football, but not necessarily a Town fan" types over the weekend who said precisely this ie they'd watched the Charlton 2nd leg, were excited/interested about us getting to Wembley and would probably have gone with kids if it had been Huddersfield, but were put off by Millwall/the cost
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 16:57:03 »

The cost is the killer...how is a couple with three kids going to afford it?...they wont be able to.
Best part off 200 quid just for tickets, many with holidays coming up as well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 16:58:13 »

If we don't take more than Oxford it will be shameful. Totally shameful. They're going to bang on about how massive they are as well. Great.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 16:59:02 »

Best part of 200 quid? And the rest .... (having just shelled out for precisely that combination)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:01:31 »

So what if the pox take more than us...they play in yellow, have been non-league for half a decade, will be below us in the league pyramid for the billionth season in a row, smell, enjoy sexual relations with their sister (who may also be their granny), stick bananas up each others bottoms and have a three sided ground.

We are Swindon Town.  Argument Ends.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:01:42 »

Best part of 200 quid? And the rest .... (having just shelled out for precisely that combination)

I rest my case Paul....fair play to you.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:04:55 »

So what if the pox take more than us...they play in yellow, have been non-league for half a decade, will be below us in the league pyramid for the billionth season in a row, smell, enjoy sexual relations with their sister (who may also be their granny), stick bananas up each others bottoms and have a three sided ground.

We are Swindon Town.  Argument Ends.

Which is exactly why it would be embarassing if they took more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:05:49 »

I rest my case Paul....fair play to you.
Not really a choice in my case mate. Me and Joe were never going to miss it, youngest got swept up in the excitement so he wanted to come as well having steadfastly refused to come to football until now (his first game is going to be at Wembley - how do I break it to him that it's not always like that? "Sorry, son, it's all downhill from here), my stepson's been on and off for years so more than happy for him to come. So all in all it seemed a bit mean to leave the missus at home. As long as she's got all the housework done, of course Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:11:38 »

Lets hope its a great memory and it will be money well spent.
On the issue of how many we will sell i think we will sell them all..four days of selling yet.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:18:32 »

Waaaaaaah we're going to sell not a lot of tickets. Boohoo, we might as well fold, not even bother playing etc etc

Things get better but they never get good
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:28:29 »

Tickets available from the STFC Box Office

An allocation of tickets in each price range have now been made available for sale from the STFC Box Office.

These tickets will be on sale from 8.30am Tuesday morning.Ticket sales so far have reached 28,643 as of Monday lunchtime.

The STFC Box Office will be open from 8.30am until 5pm each day and until 7pm on Thursday.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:43:24 »

The club was always going to have to sell tickets in the last few days, as it got closer to the final.

At the end of the day, there is a recession on, and if we are taking 30k... that'll do me.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:45:53 »

Yeah, 30,000 is decent and we'll have that many plus a few. No one can really complain about that.

...although I expect they will Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: