Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42385 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #240 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 19:56:28 »

Still bitter about losing your deposit last time round then? I see one of your lot stood in Devizes and got a similar spanking - only just beat "spoilt ballots" Smiley

No, not bitter about the deposit. I just detest Snelgrove.

Libertarian blokie in Devizes isn't "one of my lot" either. I've known since the last GE that it is futile standing as a minority candidate. A complete waste of time and energy. That goes for UKIP, BNP etc too.
spacey

« Reply #241 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 20:23:51 »

Not even a teensy weensy bit bitter?
Talk Talk

« Reply #242 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 20:33:54 »

Not even a teensy weensy bit bitter?

Not even the smidgeonest.

I was (and am) annoyed that it is set so high and hence presents a significant barrier to standing for election. Of course, that doesn't apply if you are rolling in donated cash like the major parties.
Talk Talk

« Reply #243 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 20:40:36 »

You're deluded if you think that all the votes thrown to UKIP / BNP / ED and other assorted right wing nut jobs were all at the expense of the Tories.

Why? If Cameron had come out strongly against uncontrolled immigration and had kept his promise on Lisbon, then the following might not have happened:

Nottingham South: Lab 15,209, Con 13,437 - majority 1,772. BNP 1,140 and UKIP 967 (total 2,107).

Plymouth Moor View: Lab 15,433, Con 13,845 - majority 1,588. UKIP 3,188 and BNP 1,438 (total 4,626).

St Austell & Newquay: Lib-Dim 20,189, Con 18,877 - majority 1,312. UKIP 1,757 and BNP 1,022 (total 2,779)

St Ives: Lib-Dims 19,619, Con 17,900 - majority 1,719. UKIP 2,560.

Somerton & Frome: Lib-Dims 28,793, Con 26,976 - majority 1,817. UKIP 1,932 and Leave-the-EU Alliance 236 (total 2,168).

Wells: Lib-Dims 24,560, Con 23,760 - majority 800. UKIP 1,711 and BNP 1,004 (total 2,815).

(With recognition to EU Referendum)
Lumps

« Reply #244 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 21:27:54 »

Why? If Cameron had come out strongly against uncontrolled immigration and had kept his promise on Lisbon, then the following might not have happened:

(With recognition to EU Referendum)

You're equally deluded (which is pretty fucking obvious anyway) if you think that immigration is is all that's driving votes for the likes of the BNP.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 22:28:45 »

not all, but most i reckon
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #246 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 22:33:24 »

I think it's probably the excuse they use but alot of it is just moronic bravado from lads who are sheep and just do what there mates do.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 07:51:37 »

You're deluded if you think that all the votes thrown to UKIP / BNP / ED and other assorted right wing nut jobs were all at the expense of the Tories.

Er...I didn't say that the BNP or ED votes etc were at the expense of the Tories, and nor would I argue that, the BNP is a Labour party problem, it does well primarily in Labour strongholds, and hovers up more votes from Labour than any other party. I was referring to UKIP, and UKIP only.

Nice try though, and it's good to see that the spirit of Damien Mcbride is still alive and kicking amongst the Labour party.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Lumps

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 12:48:39 »

Er...I didn't say that the BNP or ED votes etc were at the expense of the Tories, and nor would I argue that, the BNP is a Labour party problem, it does well primarily in Labour strongholds, and hovers up more votes from Labour than any other party. I was referring to UKIP, and UKIP only.

Nice try though, and it's good to see that the spirit of Damien Mcbride is still alive and kicking amongst the Labour party.

I've not had anything to do with the Labour Party for about 15 years, fuck Thursday was the first time I voted for them in that time....

And my argument holds true for UKIP. I'm sure they do take a good chunk of Tory votes, but they take votes from Labour too, and the more obvious racist parties like BNP and ED etc. balance out the votes lost to minority right wing nutters to the big main parties.

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 20:41:32 »

If the lib-dems go along with the tories i wont be happy.
i would rather have voted labour if that happens
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 15:27:41 »

Are we all going to do this again in October?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 16:02:24 »

I think it's probably the excuse they use but alot of it is just moronic bravado from lads who are sheep and just do what there mates do.

isn't that what the majority do anyway? what percentage of the voting population even read the manifesto? I bet most vote out of habit , voting for whoever because they always do
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 17:34:43 »

Are we all going to do this again in October?
No, then it will be the "Who will/did you vote for on 7th October?"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 07:01:13 »

I know us Brits aren't very good at queuing, but comparing it to a third world country?! WTF?!

Quote from: Adver
ANGRY voters were left queuing outside a Swindon polling station just minutes before ballot boxes closed, in scenes which one woman described as “more like the third world”.

The Tawny Owl pub in Abbey Meads was besieged by voters late on Thursday evening, anxious to cast their ballots for both the General and local council elections.

It is uncertain whether anyone in the queue was unable to vote, but according to Megan Twisk from Redhouse, when her partner Ian had cast his ballot at 9.45pm, there was a line of people stretching out of the door.

“It was getting very ugly,” said the business manager from Barcote Close, who had placed her vote an hour earlier after making a second trip to the polling station.

“The queue was still out of the car park. I cannot imagine how many people had given up on seeing the queues. People were extremely angry.”

David Wright from Oakhurst was another disgruntled voter who is planning to complain to the Electoral Commission.

He said he was appalled at what he calls the bad organisation which led to huge queues at the polling station.

“I have never missed an opportunity to vote,’’ said David, 68, who made three trips to the pub to vote. His daughter and her partner experienced similar problems.

“The queue was out into the road and we couldn’t get into the pub car park. All the roads were choc-a-bloc.

“We got ushered into the polling station which had four stations in a little room like a Granny’s front room. There was just not enough room.

“One of the tellers had no one to attend to while they were still queuing outside.’’ David explained that the biggest problem was that there were four separate polling station in one, hosting voters from Moredon, Haydon Wick and Oakhurst.

Megan agreed asking why local schools were not used as polling stations instead: “The whole thing was a disgrace. I went away at 6.30pm and came back at 9pm to find things were even worse.

“I am disgusted that many dozens of people may have been disenfranchised if they couldn’t cast their votes before the ten o’clock deadline.

“Not only is it madness to have everyone vote from the same small polling station, but it was so badly organised that no one knew the queues should have been specific for their area, making the endless queues pointless.

“This is supposed be a modern democracy.

“What I witnessed on Thursday evening was more like the third world or images from Iraq.”
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 07:59:14 »

Yeah I bet there were car bombs going of in the car park, RPG attacks on the pub and everything.
 Stupid bitch
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: