Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42301 times)

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:20:00 »

i can't see how things would be any better now if the tories were in governement the last few years.let's remember they have only really stopped being a complete joke since they re-invented themselves with cameron as leader.
alot of the time when gordon brown has made key decisions,cameron has come out and agreed with him.
if the tories were the current goverment, they would have been ousted now.

they will say we have to make cuts etc,but have spent millions on their election campaign,which labour and lib-dems didn't.they'll waste time and money pushing through the disgraceful pastime of killing foxes,deer, and hares for fun.when the public already came out 75% against it.they will look after their own.the working classes who stupidly voted tory will come to regret it.they'll be out next time. i'm 100% convinced of that
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:42:02 »

One thing that's pretty clear is if the Tories can't win an outright majority against 13-year incumbents, led by one of the most unpopular PMs in memory, on the brink of a massive recession, and with the Lib Dems failing they way they have, they're never going to get a better chance. I reckon Cameron played a big part in the Tories' underperformance, for all he's supposed to be the New Blair, he's massively repellent
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:43:32 »

I don't think we will be neccesarily better off under the Tories. Which is why the politically smart move by them would be to let Brown cling on to power. But that would not be in the national interest. With the tories the pain will be sooner but shorter, & would eventually lead to some form of normality. (If you can't afford the mortgage it's better to make cuts to your spending sooner & to the right level rather than put it off hoping for a pay rise whilst you go further into arrears)
Under Labour they will either cut as much & as deep, or it will be taken out of their hands by the markets, the creditors & the IMF as in the case of Greece.
As for the millions spent on the Campaign,  Labour had their donors too as well as the unions (Remember Formula One & the tobacco advertising bribe),  the House of Lords is stuffed full of them along with their unelectable disgraced ministers like Mandelson. In any event I don't see what the problem is if someone wants to throw their money at it. As long as we know about it. It's not like the money is from the tax payer (Unlike the increase in goverment spending on advertising in election years).

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:44:34 »

One thing that's pretty clear is if the Tories can't win an outright majority against 13-year incumbents, led by one of the most unpopular PMs in memory, on the brink of a massive recession, and with the Lib Dems failing they way they have, they're never going to get a better chance. I reckon Cameron played a big part in the Tories' underperformance, for all he's supposed to be the New Blair, he's massively repellent

I agree... I think this "Big Society" Idea what ever that meant  was all wrong.

From the Dark Side
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:44:49 »

Brown statement, not resigning, very much carrying on as usual and ignoring that whole inconvenient election thing.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:08:31 »

i can't see how things would be any better now if the tories were in governement the last few years.let's remember they have only really stopped being a complete joke since they re-invented themselves with cameron as leader.
alot of the time when gordon brown has made key decisions,cameron has come out and agreed with him.
if the tories were the current goverment, they would have been ousted now.

they will say we have to make cuts etc,but have spent millions on their election campaign,which labour and lib-dems didn't.they'll waste time and money pushing through the disgraceful pastime of killing foxes,deer, and hares for fun.when the public already came out 75% against it.they will look after their own.the working classes who stupidly voted tory will come to regret it.they'll be out next time. i'm 100% convinced of that

On your 1st point you are probablly right, I dont think we'd be much better off as a nation now if the tories had been in power for the last 2 years. There isnt much they could have done differently, its been economic firefighting. But economincally we would clearly be better off if they had been in power for the preceeding 11 years as they simply wouldnt have spent anywhere near as much and the nation would have had a much bigger cushion to fall back on now. We could afford smaller tax rises or smaller cuts than are now going to be neccessary.

As for the election campaign they can spend what they want as long as where it comes from is legal and is declared properly. Lets not forget that a mixture of the unions and wealthy benfactors fund the labour party.

As for fox hunting, I dont really like it either but theres about a million things more important to think about right now. If a bunch of toffs want to ride round the countryside in daft red coats chasing foxes for fun thats up to them.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:13:28 by Colin Todd » Logged
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:10:46 »

I agree... I think this "Big Society" Idea what ever that meant  was all wrong.

Also agree with this. Whilst I may have voted for them and broadly support them, I've no idea why they thought this big society thing would be a vote winner.  I'm all for reducing the size of the current government (it wouldnt be hard) but like most people I've got no idea what the fuck they are going on about with a "Big society"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:26:44 »

In Leeds, a guy stood having changed his name to "We Beat the Scum 1-0" in reference to the United result.

It's a real shame 6-0 on aggregate didn't stand, I'd have given his campaign a tenner!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:28:42 »

my hope is that all of the pro-reform parties form a coalition to push it through parliament, at least that means the next election won't be a farce.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:40:43 »

Cameron making an offer to the Lib Dems on the news now, but not mentioning electoral reform, unsurprisingly.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:45:57 »

This is a mess really isnt it??
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 13:53:22 »

Cameron making an offer to the Lib Dems on the news now, but not mentioning electoral reform, unsurprisingly.
He did at one point appear to be about to say there was a lot of work to do to make the chutney the country was crying out for, but corrected it to change. Which is a shame, as I think the country genuinely is crying out for chutney and I quite like the idea of Cameron and Clegg with loads of old jam jars in the kitchen together churning out home-made chutney to deal with the export deficit. Plus it would have fit in well with his quotes about a new government "rolling up it's sleeves" (and putting on a pinney). Missed opportunity, already
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 14:00:07 »

A chutney reform would get my vote
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 14:14:43 »

Better than a pork reform. I'm not sure I could endure a campaign of spam.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 14:41:04 »

This is a mess really isnt it??

Yep total. Problem is as far as I can see with PR then it would be like this every time

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: