Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42304 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:24:12 »

No, but his reckless spending over the last 13 years means we're in a much worse off position to deal with the situation than we should be.

Its not rocket science to try and pay your debts off during good times rather than increase them is it?

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:25:38 »

didnt hear any cunt moaning in the good times.

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:29:37 »

most of the shit we're in we would have been anyway.brown has got the blame as he's the current pm.
if the tories do take over,it will be the needy who get their much needed services taken from them.i think the tories will last 1 term max, as they will prove to be worse then labour
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:31:13 »

and watch your interest rates soar, your winter fuel allowance disapear and the gwh fall to bits.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:35:43 »

Amen to the Tongan!!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:37:11 »

Its not rocket science to try and pay your debts off during good times rather than increase them is it

If it wasn't really rocket science does that mean we would save money on 'trident' ?

Gordon Brown (Blairs stooge) out Justin Tomlinson in...........................dear oh dear  No
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:53:30 »

and watch your interest rates soar, your winter fuel allowance disapear and the gwh fall to bits.

The alternative being just keeping spending money the country dosnt have and go the way of greece? fucking brilliant

Anyway, it was far from clear at the election who was cuting what and when, the only clear thing being something has got to give no matter who is in power.

You can portray the tories as the nasty party of cuts as much as you like but whoever gets in would have to have done many of the same things - A situation made worse by labours spending over the last 13 years - the highest peacetime budget deficits on record
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:12:05 »

The alternative being just keeping spending money the country dosnt have and go the way of greece? fucking brilliant

Anyway, it was far from clear at the election who was cuting what and when, the only clear thing being something has got to give no matter who is in power.

You can portray the tories as the nasty party of cuts as much as you like but whoever gets in would have to have done many of the same things - A situation made worse by labours spending over the last 13 years - the highest peacetime budget deficits on record

I don't like the Tories and didn't vote for them, but have to agree here. Whoever won, and whoever emerges in charge once the dust has settled, there are going to have to be huge cuts the likes of which nobody will currently admit to.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:22:03 »

Thing is, a desire to check the deficit necessitates x amount of cuts. A desire to check the deficit while offering tax breaks to the richest 0.3 per cent of the population necessitates x+y amount of cuts.

Anyone who voted Tory and doesn't earn at least £50,000 a year (and probably a lot more) has shot themselves in the foot.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:27:56 »

Lib Dem - Tory deal?  If that goes through the Orange bastards have lost my vote forever!

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #205 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:35:05 »

Surely a Cameron/Clegg pact would kill the Liberal Democrats?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:39:41 »

I can't see what the Tories would offer the Lib Dems though, they're never going to go for voting reform and they hardly agree on most policies.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:57:02 »

Thing is, a desire to check the deficit necessitates x amount of cuts. A desire to check the deficit while offering tax breaks to the richest 0.3 per cent of the population necessitates x+y amount of cuts.

Anyone who voted Tory and doesn't earn at least £50,000 a year (and probably a lot more) has shot themselves in the foot.

What tax break for the richest 0.3% of people?

As for the £50k a year figure, you've just made that up.  They've already said that the 50% tax rate on £150k+ earners has to stay (even though they dont like it) for example
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:01:38 »

What tax break for the richest 0.3% of people?

As for the £50k a year figure, you've just made that up.  They've already said that the 50% tax rate on £150k+ earners has to stay (even though they dont like it) for example

I did make up the £50,000 figure, you're right, I just meant that only wealthy people will be better off under a Tory government. Ones who can afford private schooling and health care and the like.

The tax break I was referring to is regarding inheritance tax, which will be applicable to the 3,000 richest estates in the country.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, May 7, 2010, 12:06:10 »

The Tories would be best off politically letting Brown, carry on clinging on to power. Illustrates to me what the guy is all about. He is in the words of one labour candidate the most incompetent PM (& chancellor) ever. When we had growth under the last Tory government what happened. They paid off large chunks of the National debt. This left labour with a golden egg (Remember they did not cahnge too much at first of Tory fiscal management) After a while what did Brown do... He started by taxing all of our pension funds, started spending & wasting money hand over fist, selling the gold reserves at knock down prices, lying about a referendum, etc etc I could go on, but we were in massive debt before any recession. Just because any one from Labour puts the word global before the R word doesn't make it true. It's spin. Of all of the major economies we were & are one of the worst placed to ride out the recession & it's HIS fault.
Back to my point though. Who ever is in government will have to deliver some very nasty medicine over the next few months.  If they don't the £ will fall & interest rates will rocket or the IMF will make us deliver cuts as in the case of Greece. Part of ,me thinks that if Brown has to do it people will finally wake up to the reality of the situation he has created. If the Tories have to start to clear it up then they will be blamed & suffer at the next election in a few months or a years time

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: