Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who do we want in the play-offs  (Read 4906 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:26:57 »

I don't buy this whole form crap if i'm being honest. OK we haven't won in 4 but so what? It's hardly like the others have been flying is it? With the exception of Huddersfield all the other teams have been stuttering here and there. Under pressure it's anyones game.

If you look at our record against the 4 teams (i'm not including Norwich as they're already champs) it's bloody good. 2 wins over Leeds, a win and a draw against Udders. A draw against Millwall and still to play obviously. Then 2 draws against Charlton. So none of them have beaten us. We've lost the least amount of games in the league. I bet all 4 of the possible teams we could face won't want to play us simply for that reason. I don't care who we play. Fucking bring it on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:31:31 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:41:18 »

dont care who we get as long as we get our form back in time
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:01:51 »

Last few games in the Prem Promotion season were'nt the greatest results........i draw strength!!!

17 APR
 Leicester City (Home)
 1 - 1 Taylor

24 APR
 Notts County (Away)
 1 - 1 Bodin (pen)

2 MAY
 West Ham United (Home)
 1 - 3 Hazard

8 MAY
 Barnsley (Away)
 0 - 1 -

PLAYOFFS

DATE
 STAGE OPPONENTS
 RESULT SCORERS
 ATT. 

SEMI FINAL
16 MAY
 SF-1L Tranmere Rovers (Home)
 3 - 1 Vickers (og), Mitchell, Maskell

19 MAY
 SF-2L Tranmere Rovers (Away)
 2 - 3 Moncur, Maskell

Swindon win 5-4 on aggregate.

FINAL
31 MAY
 F Leicester City (Wembley)
 4 - 3 Hoddle, Maskell, Taylor, Bodin (pen)

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 19:52:38 »

Its a one-off cup competition,current form means nothing and teams that have character and determination,like we've shown in our last 3 games have as good a chance as anyone.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Talk Talk

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 21:47:03 »

Don't care.

I will enjoy the matches whatever.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 21:53:56 »

Don't care.

I will enjoy the matches whatever.
I'll enjoy them alot more if we win!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:01:07 »

they will only be enjoyed if we win surely?
it's a cunt to lose out through them, but so god damn good to win
Talk Talk

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:05:22 »

Two or three extra matches at the end of season. How can you moan about that?

I would love to get to the final and win the play offs obviously, but from where I am sat they are simply a bonus on a great season.

YOU REDS!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:12:17 »

not moaning, and its great we are in there.but it means fuck all if you lose in them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:13:33 »

Footballing reasons I'd fancy Milwall or Charlton, but Huddersfield, away in the first leg, would be class. Into Leeds for a night out, half decent ground and what not. Can't beat taking shit loads to somewhere like Huddersfield, imagine if it was the Friday night game, it would be an incredible atmosphere.

Either way, we haven't lost to any of the teams 2nd-6th in the league if I'm not mistaken and have lost the fewest games in the whole of League One so I'm confident of drawing the away leg and nicking it at home, especially if we are away first!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:16:21 »

not moaning, and its great we are in there.but it means fuck all if you lose in them.

This. I'm getting more and more nightmares from 03/04 creeping in now it looks like play-offs for us. Would be fantastic to win at Wembley though of course.
deltaincline

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 23:32:22 »

I fancy our chances against any of the sides in that band of play off places.

Our recent results might have been dissapointing, but pretty much every performance has been decent.

Stupid individual errors have cost us points, sure, but we still ooze fucking class and quality all over the park when we're firing on all cylinders.

Who's to say we're not going to piss the last 2 matches, just miss out on 2nd spot yet be hitting form as the playoffs get under way?

And why couldnt we return to playing our quality football game in the playoffs? It's still in the fucking locker! Just because the players have shrunk back into playing lesser quality football in the last few games, doesn't mean they cant still turn it on again.

All this supersticious bollocks about us never comming back from being a goal down is so fucking cuntish as well. Most of it comes from these new to football fucking smart-arsed cunts who form their oh-so-fucking-clever opinions about the game from radio phone ins, MOTD,  stupid fucking football manager games and papers like the fucking Mail on Sunday, and probably form the majority of the cunts who boo our players at home games.

How about starting a 'twat the moaning cunt' campaign, starting next Saturday?

I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling by chinning the big nosed cunt who sits in front of me as soon as he starts gobbing off at the Brentord game. If everyone else does the same to the nearest irritating twat, the whole ground should be sweating positivity by half time, everyone will feel better and the moaning, booing cunts will all know the fucking score.

If someone could take out the cunt who does that irritating jungle bird impression at the same time, then I'd be a very happy fucker;-)

Panda Paws

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 23:58:02 »

Top top post Delta
Rich Pullen

« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 06:03:08 »

Looking at the current four. I'm happy with it. I know we've stuffed Leeds twice but I wouldn't want to play them in a scenario like the play-offs. I'm also happy that Southampton are out of the running for the same reasons.

Charlton would be favourites because of their name alone. I think we'll be considered the "outsiders" which has suited us all season long.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: