Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man City  (Read 4324 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 20:15:40 »

Interesting comments from Andrew Fitton on the official site about potential links with Man City for next season

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/Interview/0,,10341~2028961,00.html

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 20:20:58 »

Can we borrow Tevez please? Maybe Bellamy as well if they're feeling kind.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 20:34:08 »

Id settle for Roque Santa Cruz and Stephen Ireland

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 20:51:00 »

Can we borrow Tevez please? Maybe Bellamy as well if they're feeling kind.
No Bellamy please!  We've enough prima donnas now, most of the sit in the Arkells!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 22:29:29 »

Was very interesting reading that. Sounds like Fitton's trying to work his way up the league(s) through favours from top clubs. I'm for one am not complaining Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 22:41:41 »

The five loan players in a match day squad is likely to be a problem for us sooner or later, it nearly was recently. I'd like to see this limit removed or increased, or maybe for season long loans not to count. Loan players mean clubs like us can get good quality players without having to pay transfer fees or big salaries and gets players games that they wouldn't be getting otherwise - everybody wins. Plus increased use of loan players could go some of the way to getting Football League clubs profitable again.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 07:39:18 »

But you don't want to be filling the squad with too many loan players so five is really adequate
ScillyRed

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 08:22:53 »

Whilst it's nice to have these links - in a way I would like us to be 100% STFC not 60% + a jumble of other players.
Suppose it's progress + I hardly never see a match so good for you guys and gals  Grin
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 11:24:37 »

Whilst it's nice to have these links - in a way I would like us to be 100% STFC not 60% + a jumble of other players.
Suppose it's progress + I hardly never see a match so good for you guys and gals  Grin

Surely if you go that much it would be good for you too?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 07:40:18 »

So what up and coming youngsters have man city got that we could maybe get on loan next season
phelpsieboy

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 08:11:41 »

Javan Vidal, Alex Nimely, Ben Mee and Greg Cunningham are highly rated there and a few of them have made some appearances in the first team. That Boyata is also higly rated, but has started for them, so probabaly out of our league.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 08:23:26 »

Its a good link up, one of the better premier league clubs to do it with. Citys yoof system has been strong for a while, and its only going to get better with the money they have now.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 08:26:48 »

Maybe if we go up we could get Michael Johnson. Although saying that, i think he's a bit good for the CCC.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 09:36:59 »

He looked fat as fuck last time I saw him.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 09:49:43 »

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming! So we now have Liverpool, Man City and Celtic as our 'feeder' clubs. Some great players come in recenty, a stark contrast to a couple of seasons back when Malpas was signing nobodies!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: