Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poty  (Read 9732 times)
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 13:09:19 »

a hard one this.

Torn between Douglas, JP, Greer and Paynter.   JP has a huge amount of assists, but Douglas does a massive amount for the midfield.

Good to have lots of choice though.  Hopefully POTY doesn't get voted number 1 and then leave, would be a shame that.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 13:25:47 »

greer.
douglas has had a good season, but i dont think deserves the award due to his lack of goals.
infact i'd pick jpm and cuthbert before him
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 13:55:31 »

Cuthbert for me, somewhat of a revelation and a decent bloke to boot
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 13:56:31 »

For me, it's between JD and JPM - Both have been outstanding all season, but i think Dougie may well just knick it as he's been a breath of fresh air. How great is it to have such a dominent central midfielder! We've not had one of those since.......I can't think how long it's been! But a very long time..........................

Special mention to:

William Paynter, Charles Austin, Ferry, Cuthbert, Greer, Big Kev, Lucas and Wardy.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Talk Talk

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 14:01:50 »

I would prefer to see an award to the whole team. I think they all deserve POTY.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 14:49:33 »

Douglas for me.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 15:00:10 »

I would prefer to see an award to the whole team. I think they all deserve POTY.

Well they can't, so choose one, you plum.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 15:13:34 »

Has to be Douglas for me, he has been a revelation since he signed and has been the lynchpin to our success this season - I wonder if this will be the first season that a player that scores 25+ goals is not a dead cert for POY
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 15:14:09 »

dougie for me. difficult to put him above paynter/greer/lucas/jpm and cuthbert, but for the simple reason - when he plays, we're mustard, when he's not there, we don't play well.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 15:16:21 »

I'd probably go for Cuthbert too, he just seems to dominate centre forwards in the air and on the deck, is extremely comfortable on the ball and has popped up with a couple of goals. I've heard comparisons with Calderwood and I dont think they are too far off the mark. He was our best centre back in the last 20-30 years, and if Cuthbert stays, he has the potential to match him if he gets the chance to play at a higher level

Douglas, Paynter & Austin will probably all beat him in the voting - I'm not going to argue against any of their achievements this year, but for me having 2 excellent centre backs amongst a solid back 6 (back 4 + Douglas & Lucas) has been the key to us being much harder to beat this year.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 15:31:31 »

Has to be Douglas for me, he has been a revelation since he signed and has been the lynchpin to our success this season - I wonder if this will be the first season that a player that scores 25+ goals is not a dead cert for POY

Don Rogers scored 20, 32, 28, 30 and 21 in 5 seasons but only won poty once.
nochee

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 16:11:31 »

You're  not POTY trained are you
Barry Scott

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 16:18:40 »

Gawd, there's alot to chose from this year. I'm torn between JPM, Dougie, Paynter, Cuthbert, Greer and Ferry. I'd probably lean towards JPM such is his is improvement. He's also the player that fills me with the most anticipation, that something great might be about to happen, when on the ball . It wasn't always like that.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 16:48:16 »

It could be any of 6 or 7 really. JD, Greer, Cuthbert, Ferry, Billy, JP, Austin.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 17:07:36 »

In my time of following the Town, I cannot remember a season when so many players were in with a shout of POTY. Often, there is one obvious choice who wins it by a land slide and some seasons it's been hard to pick out anyone at all. The season we went down on 99-00 I voted for Gareth Hall FFS!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: