Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25740 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 11:49:40 »

Yeah, I didn't get the Corr booing either. He did well here (when he was infrequently vertical) and the club moved him on.

By all means have a joke about his fragility, but stick? Odd.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 11:51:47 »

Agree about Corr. Did nothing whilst here to warrant any abuse on his return. I'm sure he didnt mean to be permanantly injured. Thought he played fairly well &  I clapped him off.
Talk Talk

« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12:12:07 »

From an Exeter forum:

Fantastic commitment from the team last night, it would be churlish to single out a MOM because every single player gave 100% last night. Swindon are the most impressive team I've seen this season, with fantastic movement off the ball that caused us problems from start to finish. This is the sort of game we would have lost by 3 or 4 earlier in the season so it a tribute to Tisdale how the team have gelled and heed the call to "man-up" in the last 6 weeks...

...Swindon were in the same position as us last year, but look what they've gone and done this season. If we can keep the defence & midfield intact for next season and unearth a couple of goalscorers we could be pushing for the play-offs...

...Despite the late equaliser it was a great night out at The County Ground, I would like to see them stay down because its a great place to visit for a football match. Wouldn't it be great to be coming back towards the end of next season and fill that end terrace in a promotion push.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12:20:34 »

I think Sheehan had more time on the ball than anyone.  He was steady, has a cultured left foot but nearly everything ended up with a diagonally forwards ball and when that was long into the area it was easy to defend.  More variety with Ward down the wing would have been better. Not MOM in my opinion though.  Douglas was standout for me and nearly scored with a header on half time!

I would also like to see JP working more with Manks, especially the ball inside the full back for Manks to run on to but as has been said when we did go 3 at the back that restricted Manks.

Bazza should never have been booed as he certainly played a role in getting us back to League 1 and scored one or two pearlers.
lambourn red

« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 14:48:08 »

Yeah, I didn't get the Corr booing either. He did well here (when he was infrequently vertical) and the club moved him on.

By all means have a joke about his fragility, but stick? Odd.

I agree thought it was very odd booing Corr he was unlucky while here and due to his injury probs was never going to get another deal which is not his fault, you could also argue he was the catalyst to securing promotion from L2 so I was one of the majority who clapped him off.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 16:53:28 »

I gave him a little pantomime boo, but I applauded him at the same time. He didn't really get any stick during play, so I figured it was all a bit tongue in cheek...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:09:35 »

Suprised none of you noticed it was Marcus Stewart getting the boos when he come on and not Barry Corr
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:14:22 »

Suprised none of you noticed it was Marcus Stewart getting the boos when he come on and not Barry Corr

I had assumed that Barry had got a good reception as I saw him clapping the three stands that were open. I can't remember if it was when he was subbed or at the end of the game..whatever
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:15:29 »

I gave him a little pantomime boo,

A boo is a boo FFS..the player's hardly going to be able to tell the difference is he Roll Eyes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:34:50 »

I heard very few boos for Barry Corr, and that was only during the game.

He got clapped when he came over to the DRS before kick off, got booed during the game and clapped off afterwards.

I liked Corr and he got us over the L2 line a few years back. For that I am enterally grateful. Glad he was poor and didnt score last night.

On a slightly related note, there best not be any Boo's aimed towards Walsalls ex-striker of ours.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:44:21 »

Would also like to say was a pleasant change to have a fairly decent referee this season.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:45:28 »

Shit.  I haven't moaned abut the ref.  I always moan about the ref.

God he must have been good.

Never knowingly overstated.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 17:49:26 »

A boo is a boo FFS..the player's hardly going to be able to tell the difference is he Roll Eyes

Oh piss off. It was barely audible.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 18:51:07 »

Corr is an ex-player. Ex players get stick sometimes. So fucking what. He was a good player. He barely played for us and so isn't immune from the banter. And rightly so even if it isn't his fault he was always injured..

Parkin is the closest we have come to producing a legend in the last decade. He earned the respect and I'd be amazed if he gets anything less than polite applause.

Spencer_White

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 19:05:09 »

For me Barry Corr should have got a better reception last night. I think hes got a lot of affection for Swindon, and he achieved something at the club. Tipped the balances in our favour.

Exeter were decent last night. The game down at their place was the one we should have won 3 or 4 nil. If we dont get Ferry does anyone else think their central midfielders might be worth a look? I thought both Dunne and Sercombe were very good last night and gave Douglas/Ferry a much tougher time than usual. Also thought their Ryan Taylor led the line very well, although I dont know how clinical he might be. That Barry Corr might be worth a look too.  Wink

Sheehan had a lot of the ball last night. Id say he did cut inside a few times to often. But Exeter absolutely packed their box out with players, playing balls into the box was like threading a needle last night. Amankwaah offers us so much more going forward and we need him back in. Well done to Pericard for getting stuck in.

Good to see the County Ground crowd living and breathing their football a bit more last night. So often this season you get good tackles, good passes and no reaction whatsoever from the crowd,which has led me to wonder how knowledgable our crowd is at the CG. Last night they made a difference and it was good to see.

Still think its a fit up by the police that we got Exeter home and away on tuesday night games. Fingers crossed for 2 saturday games if we stay down next season.

I feel more dissapointed with saturdays result than last night. Colchester are very average. Last night made me apprieciate how glad I am we didnt get a long ball merchant manager like Boothroyd. Both Swindon and Exeter were footballing sides.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: