Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25735 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 08:41:10 »

I was disappointed as i checked the Blackberry for the squad list just before kick off.  No Marshall?Huh?  i pointed out to Southmoors massive that this could be a mistake and like a twat i tempted fate.  Wilson realised he needed more width and shoved on Awankmar to give us some wide edge with his overlapping runs but Marshall coming on would of ripped them apart on the other win.
The draw felt like a win so late in the day but maybe this will stop all this automatic bollocks.
It concerns me that if Austin and Paynter dont score nobody else will.
JP was my MOM but perhaps even he needs to smash the ball at the keeper now and again.

Fair play to Exeter, they had a game plan and stuck to it. They defended like Lions and nabbed a goal on the break which was finished with aplomb. They also brought a fair few fans for telly game and made a fair bit of noise (without a drum)...respect to them.

Hopefully there will be a few more twists tonight!

See you on Saturday.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 08:47:24 »

That draw didn't feel like a win to me.

Still felt like an annoying frustrating defeat.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 08:52:40 »

I left before the goal was scored Cool

In all honesty that counts us out of autos in my humble opinion. Maybe if we win our next four games we may be in with a shout on the last day, but I've always thought if we were to go up it would have to be sealed before the millwall game. No chance of that now

Things get better but they never get good
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 08:54:11 »

Its probably for the best!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 08:57:56 »

In all honesty that counts us out of autos in my humble opinion. Maybe if we win our next four games we may be in with a shout on the last day, but I've always thought if we were to go up it would have to be sealed before the millwall game. No chance of that now

If we win our last 4, I'd expect to go up in 2nd....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:00:47 »

Hush you

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:09:15 »

Hush you

What last night showed is just how difficult it is to win matches when the pressure is on.

A few of our rivals will find the same tonight...
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:27:15 »

I agree. Realistically we threw away the 2nd spot against Col U, not last night. The way I look at it we now need to win 2 games (& draw one) to guarantee a play off place. However, we need to try & win all 4 as if we are are 2 points behind Millwall in 3 rd place we could still snatch it.........Very unlikely I know, but winning is still a habit we need to get back into.

Thought we played really well last night, although as has been said we did tend to over elaborate on the edge of their box. The times we did shoot the keeper did really well or they had someone in the right place....... they rode their luck, same as understand ColU did. Maybe our luck will return in the play offs ?!

From the Dark Side
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:46:38 »

Sheehan did ok, he never had a good game but never let us down, Austin had a very quiet game as did JPM, Darby looked ok defending but offered little going forwards but otherwise the work effort was there in everyone and we were unlucky to find their defence having a good game and their keeper having an excellent game...move on...next game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:51:23 »

Seems the full backs are getting a bit of a slating here, but no-one seems to have thought about why. From what I saw, particularly first half on our right, Exeter were really standing off Darby, and concentrating on blocking any ball down the line to JP. At times JP had 1 defender behind him and 1 in front while Darby had time until another defender got over to him. They knew that JP & Ward are our danger men as far as creating chances goes, and marked them out of the game. This meant that Darby & Sheehan had much more time on the ball than usual and when they didn't create chances, some of the crowd got on their backs. Amankwaah certainly made a difference although when we went to 3 at the back, it looked like he was a bit more nervous to get forward and leave us exposed.

Have to say I agree with some of the earlier posters that said it was a really good game - on another day it could have finished 3-1 and a comfortable win for us, but fair play to Exeter who came with a game plan and executed it well, playing some pretty good football in the process. They were nowhere near the worst team I've seen us play this year, and this will have done us no harm when it comes to Sky (or hopefully the BBC?) picking matches to show live next year (whether this is a good thing or not I'm not sure !)

Only other downside is that Ferry played so well a couple of other managers will have noticed him !
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 09:57:27 »

My two'pennoth on the full backs.

Darby is a lot better defensively than amankwaah. Amankwaah is a lot better going forward than Darby

Sheehan is the strongest left back we have. He's not bad, but i'd be upset if we paid money for him in the summer

china red

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 10:01:17 »

Anyone know of a download or stream of the game last night online?  I didn't manage to wake up in time to watch it
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 11:46:31 »

Moving off on a tangent... Did I hear Corr getting some stick last night? I never understand why people who came here and did a decent job (albeit in between various bits of him shattering/refusing to function/falling off) get slagged off when they show up again.

It's a bit of a pet hate of mine.

As for the game, I think the frustration with Sheehan was you wanted to see some better decisions when he had time on the ball that was mentioned earlier.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 11:48:22 »

I thought Sheehan did ok. Would have liked to have seen him attempt to get down the byline more often (using Ward) rather than cutting inside on his right foot. A lot of his balls in from 'deep' were easier to defend than had he got the ball in from the byline.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 11:49:11 »

I have no idea what game you lot were watching but Sheehan was my man of the match :L
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: