Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25747 times)
HexEnduction

« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:21:21 »

KOT... Exeter played a pretty resolute 3-5-2 didnt they? or was it 4-4-2 from where you sit? it was 3-5-2 to me...so our fullbacks were CLEARLY our out ball every time we had possession. Sheehan didnt get beaten because he had no one up against him. Ward was man for man against their wingback leaving Sheehan totally free all game. Darby was poor also but he's only had a handful of pro games to be fair to him.

I'll take 4th from here and Charlton or Huddersfield in the play offs.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:27:23 »

I'm re-watching it already Smiley
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:31:30 »

Swindon Vs. Exeter -

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:32:13 »

I do have to say it was nice seeing the midfielders and the wide men have chances today, still a couple oocasions were Ferry and Douglas could've had a crack, but other than then the majority of our chances fell to the midfielders Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:33:03 »

Frankly Sheehan was ok, Darby was weak and I was glad to see him go off.  Manky made an immediate impact with his speed and a more physical presence than darby has.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:37:49 »

play offs it is then.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:41:26 »

Whilst we were the better side in the 1st half we spent far too much time dicking around with the ball outside their penalty area, rather than getting the ball in to the box. Ward and especially Sheehan were the main culprits. Second half was a lot different with plenty of balls in to the box, especially once Pericard was on the pitch.

No real complaints though. It was a great game of football to watch and we battered them over 90 minutes, just one of those games where nothing went right. Plenty of times the ball dropped in the box and pretty much every time it landed at the feet of an Exeter player. On another night we'd have won easily.

One concern though is the way we play the same way all the time, even when we're getting nowhere and are behind. Its pretty much like watching a shit version of Arsenal play, good on the one hand but sometimes futile. Its seldom Wilson makes any major changes at half time or early in the second half and there has been plenty of games when it would have been a good move. Still, good to see us switching to a 3-4-3 to chase the game and it paid off.

Have they decided who got the goal? Looked like it should be Pericard's watching it again on Sky.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:51:39 »

I would just like to make the point that clearly it was Exeters cup final playing a big team like us, just typical that they raise their game to play against such a massive club as us.

Thats my quote as the first member of a new forum - WANKKOE.

Never knowingly overstated.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:55:04 »

They came to stifle us, 3-5-2, basically a hell of lot of our threat comes from mcgovern and ward and they were both quiet, probably the 2 worst games both players have had, exeter did a job on them.
Barry Scott

« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:57:20 »

Can i just say i was very happy for a drum not being at the game today.
deltaincline

« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 23:12:50 »

Can't believe the fucking slating Sheehan is getting. Every decent cross or pass he makes, no one says a word. As soon as he fucks one up though, there's a whole load of opinionated cunts ready and more than willing to slate him. Great. You all make yourselves feel better by slating him and ripping the guts out of any confidence he has left. He's bound to perform much better for us by treating him like a complete cunt. Well done.

Same goes for Ferry, Ward and Dougie for not shooting enough. They run their fucking hearts out all day long, making intelligent runs, holding off challenges and breaking up play etc, only to have the whole fucking ground screaming for them to 'SHHHOOOOOOT' whenever they are anywhere near the box. What cunts they are for collectively contributing more to our midfield than any other bunch of players since before or during our premier league days.

I thought we deserved the point tonight. Ditto Exeter. They came with a plan which frustrated us all night. We plugged away till the end and got the goal.

I thought Charlie looked jaded or was carrying a knock tonight. Dont blame Wilson for keeping him on though. Pericard looked like a right pain in the arse for Exeter when he came on. If he plays like that rather than the half-arsed attitude player we sometimes see, he is the answer to those who think we can be a bit one dimensional up front.

Only a few games to go, but such a lot can happen to swing things in our favour.
Need to lay off slating our players though. We have the best squad for fucking years. We need to remember where we've fucking come from, you cunts Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 23:14:31 »

wasn't it you Barry that suggested going up in the play offs would be more fun?  if so I agree.  I thought 2nd place was well beyond us weeks ago, we managed, and may still, to keep it alive.  I'm still rather looking forward to a May 29th footballing lesson being dished out to whoever we play if we get there.  I'd fancy Leeds over 2 legs, and anyone at Wembley.  Who knows, it could all end up being academic, but being above 10th is bonus this season
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 23:16:59 »

totally agree with deltaincline, good post.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 23:30:20 »

I thought Sheehan played well, had a little too much time now and again, and made the wrong pass, but sometimes that's harder than being under pressure. Good player, best LB we've had for donkeys years.
Barry Scott

« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 23:34:09 »

wasn't it you Barry that suggested going up in the play offs would be more fun?  if so I agree.  I thought 2nd place was well beyond us weeks ago, we managed, and may still, to keep it alive.  I'm still rather looking forward to a May 29th footballing lesson being dished out to whoever we play if we get there.  I'd fancy Leeds over 2 legs, and anyone at Wembley.  Who knows, it could all end up being academic, but being above 10th is bonus this season

Well remembered Robert. Smiley Although the more i thought about it, the more i realised the pain could be too much. I only fear Huddersfield and Southampton (i'm not sure why; we've taken 10 points off them) so here's hoping neither get there.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: