Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25760 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:50:31 »

Darby got physically dominated when the ball was in the air, Corr and the gin-ger were quite big. Darby is however a very good player.

Sheehan I quite like as a defender, far better than Lecs at left  back. His final ball was poor too often tonight though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:51:23 »

I still think Sheehan is rubbish.

What is it with left backs.

JFL plays left back, and gets slated, and when Sheehan plays he is slated.

FFS not everyone can play well all of the time.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:53:01 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
flammableBen

« Reply #182 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:52:44 »

Yeah. jayohaitchenn. stop slating JFL.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:53:48 »

first half exeter defended well, we were shocking

No. That's over stating it to a ridiculous degree.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:58:05 »

We were the better side first half (although they played some good stuff as well first 20 mins or so) but overelaborated around the box, then got caught on the break and looked nervy after the goal and 1st 5 minutes of second half. But then we got ourselves back together and completely slaughtered them as they put everything into defending the lead. And credit where it's due, they defended like bloody Trojans, but on any other night we'd have put 3 past them. How we didn't win that is beyond me, as pretty much everyone else has said, great performance, disappointing result.
HexEnduction

« Reply #185 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:03:30 »

A decent performance tonight but we just aren't getting the break of the ball and the scoreline wasnt a fair reflection on the 90 minutes. Douglas and Ferry were excellent, Sheehan was absolute fucking wank. Lucas had nothing to do but pick the ball out of the net. We'll have to win all our remaining games to have a chance of 2nd now.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:06:46 »

ok i will ask again what did fucking sheehan do wrong?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:08:27 »

Fuck me that was a nervy game so much that when we missed one of our chances and a forward motion with hands behind head ending up catapulting my glasses down a few rows of the DR stand,luckily some bloke saw them fly past him and passed them to my mrs,must learn to calm down and not get so worked up in future.

Once again the TV jinx strikes,thanks sky for putting us on live,was this ken bates knowing we play shit on sky and bribing them to show us live.

Play offs it is then and loads more nervy moments to come but i would have been delighted with a play off spot at the start of this season and even before xmas,shame about auto's but you never know millwall and leeds may fuck up yet.

Not our best performance especially first half but second half im still scratching my head wondering how we did't win,good support from the exeter fans and better side than i thought they were.

JPM did't seem his usual self and sheehan was poor at times,the midfield is a concern as douglas and ferry wont have a shot when there are times where they could just put their foot through it,we need goals from midfield and not rely on paynter and austin all the time.
HexEnduction

« Reply #188 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:11:36 »

King of Tonga...

What the fuck did he do right more like fella? That was a good team performance but both of our starting fullbacks were awful tonight. Manks and Lecsi for Saturday certainly.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:12:40 »

Auto's are not out of the question until mathematically impossible. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not liking all this doom and gloom. How expectations have changed...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:13:10 »

Whats with all the Sheehan bashing? Maybe you could see something on TV that we couldnt see from the TE, I thiought he was heavily involved in a lot of swindon pressure....my only criticism of Sheehan was not bringing WArd into the game more often...if you want to talk about wank, what about VP?! Thought Darby was poor tonight as well...
Not sure what the atmosphere sounded like on telly, but was good in the ground. Good turn out as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:14:22 »

Bottom line is if at 2.59 on May 8th we're within 2 points of Millwall, it's there for us. Unlikely now, but as Batch said earlier it's one hell of a testament to how well we've done this season, that if we do miss out on auto, we'll be disappointed. However this season ends up, it's been a fantastic ride and well beyond what any of us expected. I'd rather be us than Leeds
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:15:30 »

wrong, he was solid, put some decent crosses into the box, was unlucky with his free kick and never once got beaten defensively, if anything ward was a let down.

pericard put himself around and it was he who helped the goal, its kind of good seeing whose views are mental on here for furture referencing.
HexEnduction

« Reply #193 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:17:11 »

My expectations havent changed. Pre-season I thought we could make the playoffs and I think we'll make the playoffs. We can't realistically expect to be top two having lost at home to Rovers and dropped points at home to Exeter - who admittedly defended like tigers.

The reason Sheehan was getting knocked tonight was his distribution was Ifil like and his touch was rapistesque. It's not rocket science.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 22:17:39 »

I couldn't see one player out there tonight that had a 'bad' performance.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: