Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Tranmere Rovers official matchday thread  (Read 32993 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 18:59:22 »

A 3-0 win can't possibly be the worst game of the season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 18:59:51 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 18:59:52 »

As we know some people are never happy  Bad Mood
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:01:11 »

Surely the ball must have been in play, as a penalty was awarded ? Presumably the ball was in the air.

Pretty certain the ball doesn't have to be in play. I'm sure I saw something similar a year or so ago on TV, the ball had gone our for a goal kick then for some reason the keeper runs up to someone and decks them - red card and penalty.

Though today the ball was in play, I thought the linesman had flagged for the ball going out of play at first until he put the flag across his chest. I swear to god the only person in the entire ground that saw it was the linesman. There wasn't the slightest reaction from any of the players - Austin included. Very strange. Will be interesting to see the highlights.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:01:25 »

I think we've discussed before, jonny has expectation challenges. Probably from watching too much prem/CL on his super-big telly with his super-big virgin/sentanta/espn subscription
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:01:45 »

As we know some people are never happy  Bad Mood

Neither is Dave's Blackberry by the look of it again  Grin

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:02:30 »

Neither is Dave's Blackberry by the look of it again  Grin
I think he was hoping if he posted three times in front of a mirror, he might be able to "summon" jonny Smiley
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:05:59 »

I think he was hoping if he posted three times in front of a mirror, he might be able to "summon" jonny Smiley

"Who is the fairest of them all?"  Smiley

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:06:15 »

Having said that, it was another perfect professional display and we're back to 2nd so good times. But its just weird, having gone to the Leeds game and been on top of the world ever since, having gone today I now feel a bit meh.

Me too, I feel like we've lost! Leeds was such a great game and our fans were superb. I felt embarrassed by our support in the last 20 minutes - not a fucking sound! And if you start singing they look at you like you're an alien. They should ban everyone over 50 from the stadium, old moaning fuckers  Cool

Cats are better than dogs FACT
scott

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:10:06 »

Yes reckon johnny 72 is right about exeter att be surprised if its more than 7k
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:11:01 »

If an alien had watched the 2nd half they'd describe the game of football to their alien mates as "21 humans stood around scratching their arses for 45 minutes". Either you lot didn't go to the game or you were too pissed to take in the 2nd half properly (I had the same problem at Leeds).
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:12:26 »

I can't decide whether Jonny's just a massive cock or if he's doing it for a reaction.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:16:39 »

Pretty certain the ball doesn't have to be in play. I'm sure I saw something similar a year or so ago on TV, the ball had gone our for a goal kick then for some reason the keeper runs up to someone and decks them - red card and penalty.

Though today the ball was in play, I thought the linesman had flagged for the ball going out of play at first until he put the flag across his chest. I swear to god the only person in the entire ground that saw it was the linesman. There wasn't the slightest reaction from any of the players - Austin included. Very strange. Will be interesting to see the highlights.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  still dont really know wot happened now - take it tho - very confusing         
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:19:19 »

I can't decide whether Jonny's just a massive cock or if he's doing it for a reaction.

How about both!
It wasn't exactly Arsenal Vs Barcalona, but I would much prefer to go and watch us tonk a team 3-0 at home in what is being described as a "routine" win, then watch a great end to end game of football that we lose 1-0.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #239 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:25:41 »

we did a thoroughly professional job today. Any team who wears a kit like that deserves to lose. Any bunch of fans who have a drum and gather around it like a bunch of gayers deserve to lose. Any team who play us deserve to lose.
We got 3 points, no injuries, a clean sheet, no cards and a goal each for Paynter and Austin and a classic little og to boot. 
Not avery exciting match but we all moan when we shade it hanging on - today was over by half time.
Nouble put in an interesting cameo - he really could be the new Onion Bhaji.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: