Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just wanted to say..............  (Read 1317 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:19:08 »

Guy's haven't posted for a few weeks but have still kept up dated with all of the postings.

I just wanted to say to you all a big thanks for your messages of support following the loss of my Dad. He was buried Thursday (April Fools Day Grin) with a crowd bigger than Oxford. I got through my written tribute which made me proud.

Mex (KOT), Paul Davis, Ooh Shaun Taylor and everyone I personally know you helped me through this difficult time.

......and of course I went to Leeds yesterday under a Corporate Invite and may I say you looked mighty fine from my seat very close to that miserable fucker Captain Birdseye Bates. Minute silence was amazing with every Leeds fan next to me commenting on the Swindon response and then of course Lennon Woods who brought a wry tear to me little eyes.

Had great chats with Norman Hunter, Alan Clarke and Paul Reaney......really top quality guys.

Finally one of those games that will live with me forever. The day when Swindon battered the "mighty" Leeds. Whilst Paynters second was the pick of the bunch it was the last, Austin's goal that will stay with me for a very long time. Whilst you lot were going mental you should have heard the boo's and moans around me. Never have I heard anything like that before it was amazing.

Once again a big thanks to you all and see you all tomorrow. Clap Clap Beers

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:44:45 »

Glad you had a great day Banners, wish I could have been there  No Hunter, Reaney, Clarke..now THAT was a team. Must have been brilliant to meet them in person.. keep you chin up me old son and hopefully catch up with you and John soon!

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:47:41 »

Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Glad you had a good day yesterday though!  Beers

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:02:11 »

my dad says how did you get a corporate invite you arselicking cunt Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:13:44 »

Joe's dad says the same Smiley Glad you had a good day, must have been bittersweet so soon after Thursday
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:21:38 »

I had 2 mates on corporate invites yesterday. They get them every year. That might be the last time though!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:42:03 »

As much as I enjoyed being in the away section, and probably wouldn't swap the experience, it must have been pretty awesome watching on from afar!
nochee

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:44:35 »

I agree. It would be good to see some footage of us celebrating one of the goals. Maybe we will in the extended highlights that get put on bbc tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: