Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's going to Millwall?  (Read 37075 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:50:02 »

Just a thought (an idle one, because I know I won't be around for the game), but the New Den holds about 20,000?  I remember a similar end of season game vs Derby at the Baseball Ground 18 or 19 years ago where we needed a win to make the play offs and they also needed a result.  (I think they may even have been going for automatic promotion?)  The Baseball Ground also held around 20,000, and Derby basically gave the whole ground over to Derby fans, except approx 400 tickets that they gave to us.

I'm not suggesting for a second that Millwall are as well supported as Derby, but is there not a risk that - if the game is a winner-takes-all winner gets promoted game (very possible) - would Millwall not be entitled to seriously restrict our ticket allocation so they could pack the ground out with their own fans?

I thought there was a league rule of at least 10% that must be offered to away fans

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
nochee

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:51:23 »

Some quotes from independant millwall

Stick the fuckers in the westupper again ALA oldham the promotion year, surely we'd sell out and create some serious bloody noise! Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllll

You lot do talk some shit.

Why would Swindon accept 300 tickets for the corner of the west stand.
Could you imagine how everyone on here would cry if it was the other way.

If the Club done that they would get slaughterd.

Fuck me, untill 3 weeks ago we struggled to get 11K, we only just got that on saturday.
Now I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties

I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:01:12 »

Just a thought (an idle one, because I know I won't be around for the game), but the New Den holds about 20,000?  I remember a similar end of season game vs Derby at the Baseball Ground 18 or 19 years ago where we needed a win to make the play offs and they also needed a result.  (I think they may even have been going for automatic promotion?)  The Baseball Ground also held around 20,000, and Derby basically gave the whole ground over to Derby fans, except approx 400 tickets that they gave to us.

I'm not suggesting for a second that Millwall are as well supported as Derby, but is there not a risk that - if the game is a winner-takes-all winner gets promoted game (very possible) - would Millwall not be entitled to seriously restrict our ticket allocation so they could pack the ground out with their own fans?

yeah, i remember that derby game....still hold a grudge against em now....me and a few mates ended up in their home stand and saw a few other town regulars in there as well....

charlton took 3500 against millwall the other week so i personally think we'll be getting that allocation.....we best do anyway
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:01:20 »

i think we'll get a decent allocation and sell all our tickets for Millwall but before we start getting excited about this being a big decider etc i think we should worry about the Colchester game more and hope we can bring a big following to get behind the team there.

id hate to see only 400-500 of us there. especially after taking around 1500 to Leeds.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:05:58 »

i think we'll get a decent allocation and sell all our tickets for Millwall but before we start getting excited about this being a big decider etc i think we should worry about the Colchester game more and hope we can bring a big following to get behind the team there.

id hate to see only 400-500 of us there. especially after taking around 1500 to Leeds.

We should take 1000 there. I'm going to every away game now despite being brassic

Cats are better than dogs FACT
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:10:06 »

its not often we get seasons like the one were having and i hope others see it that way and make the most of it.

home or away
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:38:28 »

Im going!

Clems Army!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:26:42 »

yeah, i remember that derby game....still hold a grudge against em now....me and a few mates ended up in their home stand and saw a few other town regulars in there as well....

Yep, me and a mate did the same, and we also saw plenty of Swindon faces, just a little nod and a grin to each other. Derby fans were fucking manic that day, you could hardly hear the Swindon fans even when THE GREAT MICKY HAZARD scored.

There were bad disruptions to the tube/rail when I last went to Millwall so I went with the SAS. We won & our coach got hit 3 times by missiles, and this was a nothing game in the autumn. If there is anything riding on this game I will be there.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 21:16:46 »

I thought there was a league rule of at least 10% that must be offered to away fans

I believe there is but I'm also pretty certain that crowd security and safety trumps that rule. If it goes down to the final game there is every chance the Police will rate it as a high security risk and get the Swindon allocation reduced as a result.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 21:47:26 »

Im going!

Are you driving from Calne Flash? I've even had a Leeds fan say he'd come along to this game  Smiley
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 06:55:07 »

Are you driving from Calne Flash? I've even had a Leeds fan say he'd come along to this game  Smiley

That'll be the same Leeds fan you're going with to watch Chelsea v Villa ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 09:36:55 »

Just out of interest will season ticket holders get priority for millwall tickets,Im asking because i've been talking to a charlton fan and as i've not been to an away game this season he thinks i wont get one because charlton base getting away tickets for big matches on how many away games you go to,Im sure ours is based on priority to just season ticket holders.

Some Clarification would be nice if anyone knows.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 09:42:28 »

I dont think Swindon have ever done it like that have they?

Its usually ST Holders and then general sale.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 09:43:25 »

I dont think Swindon have ever done it like that have they?

Its usually ST Holders and then general sale.

Thats what i thought cheers langers,much appreciated..
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 10:13:41 »

80s townender
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: