Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52478 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:58:11 »

I thought Nouble was allright.  Gave them a bit to worry about.  I was talking about young premiership strikers with someone the other day.  It seems to me that they are often quick and skillful but have no brains and dont have a clue what to do with it once they've beaten 7 players.  Odabeyi was the same.

Nope...the difference is even in there reserves they get a better quality around them so they look good as well.
So you have to dig deep like Ward does...its harder for forwards to make an impresion while on loan as they are judged by goals scored....and we aint exactly big scorers are we.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:58:32 »

who are you alan pardew?

to me, it felt like a 1-1 draw
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:04:05 »

And last but not least, I sit in the front row of the DRS!  What the fuck are the tin roofs all about?  Obstructed my and my kids view, rain dripping off the stand roof splashing me in the face for 2 hours,

From where we sit it looked like a good idea to give the disabled fans cover. But I hadn't even though it might obstruct your view let alone the splash factor. Perhaps a complaint and a change of ST seat until the end of the season is in order (not that you should have to), and you'd get away from JFW too. Every cloud:)

I dont think people were booing at Pericard just the fact we were taking a striker off when losing at home rather than gambling and bringing on Pericard for a midfielder or defender and going for it.

That's how I read it. Frustration at taking off our must consistent goalscorer while losing.

The kick on Douglas wasnt a penalty, we should know probably better than most that high foot in the box is an indirect free kick.

Although the refs dont always know this.

Depends if there was contact made or not. Hence the Ifil last minute pen conceeded last season. Though that was head to foot not foot to head, but that's another story.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:06:38 by Batch » Logged
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:08:28 »

The booing wasn't aimed at Charlie, it was Wilson's decision to take him off I think.

Charlie worked his arse off today and you can see he is hungry.

Not impressed with Pericard at all.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:09:01 »

The kick on Douglas wasnt a penalty, we should know probably better than most that high foot in the box is an indirect free kick.

Although the refs dont always know this.

Alleged Referee Mr. Andy fucking Hall didn't when Ifil made contact with the ball and cleared it vs. Hartlepool at C.G. last season.  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:11:20 »

that was exactly the point I was making.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #336 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:11:50 »

Just got back and read through this lot

What a good advert for League 1, although the sides cancelled each other out, most of the football was played on the deck. Saw nothing to suggest that Norwich are any  better than we are.

Greer and JFL were outstanding at the back and their distribution was excellent. Charlie never had a look in, but when he had the ball he was particularly impressive and didn't give away possession. There was one that he laid off with his head to an overlapping player in the first half that I thought was pretty nifty.

Anyhow thoroughly enjoyed the game, and overall a fair result

@leefer, good to put a face to a name and nice to meet you and your clan. I will be in touch with Stuart and will set up some shared travel expenses, he might even want to go to a Poole game so I'll bell him about that.

Oh and sit down

Brockenhurst    0 - 6    Fareham Town
Poole drew 1-1 at Winchester
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:12:28 »

austin was taken off because he looked knackered and also didnt look very happy after there two centre halfs had ago at him when the ran into there keeper. i heard him shouting at marshall just after marshall's first pass and sheehan also had a moan at marshall.

pericard looked more interested than previous games he came on held the ball up well and was involved in setting up dougies shot which resulted in the corner we scored from.

nouble best move was just before he was subbed. hes trained with our team for one day you cant expect him to come out all guns blazing and gettin us a hat trick. i think taking him off was the right move.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:14:39 by carbonwhite » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:14:16 »

Austin never touched their keeper, the defender clattered the keeper. Dunno why Norwich were so angry about that one but it amused and annoyed me all in one go Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:16:00 »

Austin never touched their keeper, the defender clattered the keeper. Dunno why Norwich were so angry about that one but it amused and annoyed me all in one go Smiley

Austin gave their player a little nudge into the keeper. Still an over reaction by Norwich.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:17:17 »

Just got back and read through this lot

What a good advert for League 1, although the sides cancelled each other out, most of the football was played on the deck. Saw nothing to suggest that Norwich are any  better than we are.

Greer and JFL were outstanding at the back and their distribution was excellent. Charlie never had a look in, but when he had the ball he was particularly impressive and didn't give away possession. There was one that he laid off with his head to an overlapping player in the first half that I thought was pretty nifty.

Anyhow thoroughly enjoyed the game, and overall a fair result

@leefer, good to put a face to a name and nice to meet you and your clan. I will be in touch with Stuart and will set up some shared travel expenses, he might even want to go to a Poole game so I'll bell him about that.

Oh and sit down

Brockenhurst    0 - 6    Fareham Town
Poole drew 1-1 at Winchester

Cheers..fair play to you making the effort, and nice to meet you...not the greatest of games.
Brock must be rebuilding!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:17:32 »

Austin gave their player a little nudge into the keeper. Still an over reaction by Norwich.

Could be wrong but it looked like it was the Norwich defender who nudged into Austin who ended up pushing the other defender.

But oh well Smiley
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:17:56 »

i know 1 centre half pushed the other centre half into there keeper charlie was behind both so they blamed the closest swindon player in range of them. i went nuts when they started off on charlie but it was nice to see he never reacted and just walked off. but if you saw charlie's face after he looked angry about something he had a frown on his face until he was taken off.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:30:34 »

The incident in the first half with Nouble, penalty or not??

I was directly in line with this and it looked like he chopped him down.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:32:00 »

The incident in the first half with Nouble, penalty or not??

I was directly in line with this and it looked like he chopped him down.
couldnt see from my end but my cousin said it was a certain pen.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: