Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF baby club  (Read 66682 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 20:05:53 »

Eldest went to a chilminder from an early age part time (6 months). Mrs searched in local area, we met her and it felt right. Lots of daytime clubs, children of her own, etc.

Then nursery when we moved to Swindon (aged 2), because it was attached to Smiths where the Mrs was working there. Obviously we were comfortable.

Then eldest and youngest went to another childminder in Swindon, again local search but also we sort of knew her  as her son went to eldests school.

Youngest went to nursey/preschool for a bit too, but we weren't impressed so took him out. Mrs went back to teaching and there was a pre-school attached to the school she had a contract at so he went there instead (it was better too).

And lastly both went to chilmider before and after school for a bit.

All three child minders gave up. The boys either broke them, or hopefully it was just the OFSTED load being too much.
----------
I think we got lucky based on gut feel and location on where the Mrs jobs were .
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 20:06:06 »

Bit random but didn't really want to start a new thread as people might not think it's really the place!

I'm after some advice from other parents really?
I'm going back to work in Sept - only part time 3 days a week - one of those days my husband is having off to have my little boy and as we have no family close enough we are looking at child care options for 2 days a week (term time only)
My first thought was a nursery and I went to look at one Friday and it was VILE! Filthy dirty and members of staff that looked like Jeremy Kyle rejects.

I know not all nurseries are like that but it's given me real anxiety
I don't even know where to start with a childminder, I pulled up a,list on the council website and there was pages and pages of them.

What kind of child are options did/do any of you guys use?
Just after some opinions really

Which nursery was that out of curiosity.

We looked at a couple in swindon and were pretty happy with them. One was the co-op right next to the hospital and the other was in windmill hill (i think this is the one Samdy's wife works at) both we would happily have sent our little boy to but after doing the math sending him to nursery was just too expensive. Luckily we were able to arrange it that family look after him, which was tough on him at first as he goes to 3 different places over the course of a week but he's used to that now.

Hope you manage to sort something out.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 20:15:44 »

I live in Melksham so was one near my house
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 21:49:37 »

I used a childminder for around a year for 2 days a week.

I registered on  www.childcare.co.uk website and placed an ad with my requirements (I needed school drop off and pick up for my oldest as well). A number of childminders then messaged me and I went and met a few of them.  Like Batch said, one of them just felt right.  It then turned out my neighbour had used her, so I spoke to her and she highly recommended her.  I only stopped needing her because my mother in law reduced her work hours and had the boys on those days.

If you look on the website, you can search for all childcare options near to you and read profiles for childminders etc.

Alot of my friends use nurseries and are happy with them, but it's a more expensive option.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 07:36:52 »

The other recommendation I would make is ensure they take childcare vouchers. You pay for them from your wages tax free.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 12:05:08 »

I used a childminder for around a year for 2 days a week.

I registered on  www.childcare.co.uk website and placed an ad with my requirements (I needed school drop off and pick up for my oldest as well). A number of childminders then messaged me and I went and met a few of them.  Like Batch said, one of them just felt right.  It then turned out my neighbour had used her, so I spoke to her and she highly recommended her.  I only stopped needing her because my mother in law reduced her work hours and had the boys on those days.

If you look on the website, you can search for all childcare options near to you and read profiles for childminders etc.

Alot of my friends use nurseries and are happy with them, but it's a more expensive option.

Thanks I've just made an account on the website - great tip much appreciated
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 22:31:36 »

Baby Costanzalette has arrived.

She took her time and gave us a couple of frights but all is well.

Smiley and phew.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 22:37:52 »

Congratulations
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 22:51:30 »

congrats rich and Mrs rich.

now enough TEF, get the town baby grow on her before she gets turned to the dark side.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 23:47:26 »

Congratulations how exciting can't wait to see photos
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 06:01:02 »

Congrats!

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #296 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 07:03:51 »

I hope I never join this stupid "club"

Might as well bring this up again before someone else does.

Congrats Constanza!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 08:05:34 »

Congrats
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 08:30:37 »

Nice one Mr and Mrs costanza. Welcome too the club.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 08:59:22 »

congrats rich and Mrs rich.

now enough TEF, get the town baby grow on her before she gets turned to the dark side.

Can we chip together for a shipment of the things? And potentially some Bristol City nappies (best worn inside out)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: