Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vincent Pericard  (Read 9189 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:27:01 »

yes he hasnt started a game yet BUT when he first joined he gave it the big one saying I will score 15 goals this season for swindon and thats what sticks in my head when i see him play. when cox came out with a similar big headed statement when he first joined everyone said who is this cocky lad and he had better do the walk with the talk. cox did. i dont think pericard will. he's had a few sniffs at goal but nothing more and he seems to do too much with the ball (and too slowly). even in the reserves he hasnt been shining.

iv noticed posts saying if paynter goes atleast we have pericard. id be worried about that.

will pericard come good is the question?

seconded by how many goals do you think he will get in the remainder of this season?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:28:38 »

Never saw him say about 15 goals are you sure?  Cant judge him at all though as he's had the odd 10 minutes, once he gets a run he'll be fine, although that may not be until next season.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:35:26 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/4852560.Pericard_aims_for_15_goal_season_with_Robins/

There were a lot of clubs at the top of League One and in the Championship who wanted me and it wasn’t a very easy decision for me to take. I haven’t come here to sit on the bench or otherwise I wouldn’t have come here, I’m looking to score 15 goals before the end of the season
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:44:33 »

15 goals before the end of the season could include the ones from Carlisle mind, how many did he get there?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:46:34 »

All he is saying is he set himself a target of 15 goals,I dont really consider that as giving it the big one.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:51:39 »

I'd hardly call that "giving it the big one"..

MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:53:24 »

He's a decent player which we will see when he gets an extended run in the side. At the moment a good option to be able to bring on - if nothing else hopefully keeps the pressure on BP and CA to keep up their good work.

I used to be Fatbury
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:54:49 »

the quotes can be looked at in two ways. even if it included carlisle where he scored 8 (?) on current form 10 looks unlikley.i hope he proves me wrong and i was excited by the signing but i dont think he has lived up to all that.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:57:09 »

Pericard gives us a different option everytime he has come on he has caused problems and caused the opposition worries.  He has not found the goals yet but I definitely feel a lot more confident with him coming on than I ever did with Hutchinson, Revell or Macklin.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 14:08:06 »

I think he looks quality, but lazy.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 14:11:39 »

I think he's alright. The blokes not even started a game FFS.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 14:11:57 »

I think he looks quality, but lazy.
and very short on confidence.

i think once he scores his first goal, he'll be on fire.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 14:52:27 »

i dont think he has lived up to all that.
Give the bloke a chance! Who would have thought that Billy and Charlie would carry on scoring a goal each every game after he signed? He hasn't had a chance to impress yet and is bound to take time to find his feet in the team when he only ever gets to come on for the last 15 minutes of games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 15:27:20 »

If I had to judge purely on what I've seen, he is pretty donkey like.

Its early days but he hasnt had the Rory Fallon 04 impact yet but there is still time.

I dont think for many reason, he will score more than 3 for us this season.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 16:18:32 »

I thinkb given time and a run in the team he will do ok, we have seen flashes from him that he has it about it, but I think his game isn't all about scoring goals he is a big unit and able to put himself about and make space for others by pulling defenders around - he is a good weapon to be able to bring on when defenders are tiring
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: