Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United WACCOE forum thread on top 6  (Read 19125 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:26:21 »

apart from doing cheryl cole up the wrong un

She's damaged goods.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:28:35 »

that's why sports journalism is a bit shit these days, there are too many pressures on people to investigate properly.

Criticise anyone and you're denied access in the future. Journos can't afford to do that. Apart from Conn…

I'd add the name Andrew Jennings to the list, excellent at highlighting the coruption at fifa etc and not afraid to name names
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:28:48 »

apart from doing cheryl cole up the wrong un

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:30:46 »

A Thread on BBC 606 by a Millwall fan analysing the top 7

3 Promotion places up from grabs - 7 teams left.

Norwich : Seem to be getting the rub if the green. Pre-season favourites for promotion and in their own hands.

Leeds : The other pre-season favourites, been through a shakey period and panic is evident with the doom and gloom on their board this week - Has their blip finished or are they only half ay through it?

Colchester : The suprise package? Long ball isn't pretty to watch, but seems to be working for them. Will that swamp of a pitch be there undoing though as their fixtures pile up?

Swindon : Another suprise package? Again a team that favours the long ball method, but have they got what it takes to go the distance?

Charlton : In the top 2 for most of the season, but is the inexperience of their manager starting to show? Another team whose fans are getting worried.

Huddersfield : Starting to get the results away from home to show their credentials. Will Yorkshires biggest club go the distance?

Millwall : The leagues form team. Was the defeat by Wycombe their blip? Put an end to the MK hopes last night.

I like the way he has them down as the form side we have lost once in 17 games and Uddersfield are 10 unbeaten. Roll Eyes
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:32:06 »

She's damaged goods.

bovvered?!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:33:40 »

Millwall fans aren't the brightest individuals are they.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:36:57 »

I like the way he has them down as the form side we have lost once in 17 games and Uddersfield are 10 unbeaten. Roll Eyes

he's prob referring to the last 6 games as most form guides do and they have won 5 of last 6 and are the top.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 17:11:06 »

3 Promotion places up from grabs - 7 teams left.

Norwich : Seem to be getting the rub if the green. Pre-season favourites for promotion and in their own hands.

Leeds : The other pre-season favourites, been through a shakey period and panic is evident with the doom and gloom on their board this week - Has their blip finished or are they only half ay through it?

Colchester : The suprise package? Long ball isn't pretty to watch, but seems to be working for them. Will that swamp of a pitch be there undoing though as their fixtures pile up?

Swindon : Another suprise package? Again a team that favours the long ball method, but have they got what it takes to go the distance?

Charlton : In the top 2 for most of the season, but is the inexperience of their manager starting to show? Another team whose fans are getting worried.

Huddersfield : Starting to get the results away from home to show their credentials. Will Yorkshires biggest club go the distance?

Millwall : The leagues form team. Was the defeat by Wycombe their blip? Put an end to the MK hopes last night.

Its always the same, if a team are doing well and you don't know why, say they play long ball.  Usual bollocks.  Lets just see how far our 'long ball' has got us by the end of the seasoin as opposed to the silky skills of Millwall.

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:14:11 »

BBC 5Live continue to completely ignore us.The last two monday evenings they've had
Jackett and Parkinson live in the studio and in the conversations, we're not mentioned at all.

I'm quite happy for us to continue to be under the radar,with other clubs,other fans and
the media in general.Suddenly,they'll be saying,"Where did Swindon come from?"  Grin
And last night on Gillette Soccer Extra, there was a reporter/camera at Leeds, Norwich and Charlton whilst at Swindon there was a bloke who sounded like he was in a phone box with a bucket on his head.

Fuck 'em. Let them ignore us. That suits me down to the ground.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:53:56 »

And last night on Gillette Soccer Extra, there was a reporter/camera at Leeds, Norwich and Charlton

I'd say that has more to do with the quality of the press hospitality suites than anything. Though they are all (currently) above us.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 20:45:43 »

We're already reaching the nervey part of the season.

I must admit I have doubts as to whether we have it in us to go to Leeds, Southampton, Colchester and get something. Even Franchise and Millwall are hard to call.

March, as mentioned, is crucial.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:00:50 »

Its always the same, if a team are doing well and you don't know why, say they play long ball.  Usual bollocks.  Lets just see how far our 'long ball' has got us by the end of the seasoin as opposed to the silky skills of Millwall.

A lot of the problems with judging other teams is that most people don't really see them play that much and instead base their opinion off of little clips on TV or how they've played in previous years and the label they've been given.

Probably the thing that has surprised me the most this season is our passing game which has been sublime in plenty of games and is more akin to a top half Championship side. I'll often watch in awe having to pinch myself to make sure it isn't a dream - we've played some of the best football I've ever seen us play in any division. Though my memory isn't what it used to be.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:02:24 »

Why is it nervy? We are a good side, had a cracking season, and will finish 7th at worst. (which we wont) Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. God knows we've waited long enough.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:08:25 »

I just hope a few defeats against the top sides doesn't affect moral and ruin our play off hopes. Idealy, we want a top 2 finish but should we fuck up and lose to Leeds, Millwall, Colchester and Norwich, the play offs beckon.

Please don't let us down Town.
Spencer_White

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:22:03 »

Long ball??!!?!?!?!

Fuck off. They obviously didnt get enough of a football lesson last time we met............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: