Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United WACCOE forum thread on top 6  (Read 19132 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 14:38:10 »

MEN IN RED
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:01:14 »

That's fine by me if they want to think that. Of course though any striker who is 2nd in the goal scoring charts at this time of year is dangerous, even a really shit one but hey ho.

Coca-Cola Football League One Top Scorers
Lambert    Southampton    20
Paynter    Swindon    19
Beckford    Leeds United    18
Presumably meaning Beckford is a somewhat less-than-average striker then?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:04:39 »

Of course it was only a month ago that Uddersfield fans were saying that we would fook it up...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:10:46 »

BBC 5Live continue to completely ignore us.The last two monday evenings they've had
Jackett and Parkinson live in the studio and in the conversations, we're not mentioned at all.

I'm quite happy for us to continue to be under the radar,with other clubs,other fans and
the media in general.Suddenly,they'll be saying,"Where did Swindon come from?"  Grin

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:13:01 »

BBC 5Live continue to completely ignore us.The last two monday evenings they've had
Jackett and Parkinson live in the studio and in the conversations, we're not mentioned at all.

I'm quite happy for us to continue to be under the radar,with other clubs,other fans and
the media in general.Suddenly,they'll be saying,"Where did Swindon come from?"  Grin
In much the same way that Southend's financial difficulties and many other things we all thought were common knowledge routinely take the "expert League pundits" completely by surprise
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:22:29 »

In much the same way that Southend's financial difficulties and many other things we all thought were common knowledge routinely take the "expert League pundits" completely by surprise

As much as i like Mark Clemmit and i really do as a reporter,he's way too pally pally,with his
interviewees.That's fine in it's own right,but when there's a contentious issue eg Notts County,
we need a large degree of objectivity and sense of investigation.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:39:42 »

As much as i like Mark Clemmit and i really do as a reporter,he's way too pally pally,with his
interviewees.That's fine in it's own right,but when there's a contentious issue eg Notts County,
we need a large degree of objectivity and sense of investigation.
Yes, but that's the same with most sports reporters. They look on themselves as sports writers really, not full on journalists, so with a few honourable exceptions (David Conn springs to mind) when there's a need for serious investigative work or a hint of criticism which goes beyond "Refs should be better/Benitez didn't buy well/Where have all the English keepers gone", most of them are completely at sea
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:41:23 »

Mostly because if they do any proper journalism, the affected clubs ban them from the ground/press conferences.

Yes, i'm looking at you Alex Ferguson.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 15:59:40 »

that's why sports journalism is a bit shit these days, there are too many pressures on people to investigate properly.

Criticise anyone and you're denied access in the future. Journos can't afford to do that. Apart from Conn…
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:04:03 »

Yes, but that's the same with most sports reporters. They look on themselves as sports writers really, not full on journalists, so with a few honourable exceptions (David Conn springs to mind) when there's a need for serious investigative work or a hint of criticism which goes beyond "Refs should be better/Benitez didn't buy well/Where have all the English keepers gone", most of them are completely at sea

They are indeed first and foremost sports reporters.I agree entirely that the excellent David Conn
and also Graham Spiers, aren't afraid to go where others fear to tread and should be applauded for
their work.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:06:47 »

If we turn them over at Elland Road, I will buy you all a pint.

Well maybe. Thats abit extreme but I will be immensely happy.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:09:39 »

you've put it out there now Ralphy. we'll hold you to that
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:15:18 »

Presumably meaning Beckford is a somewhat less-than-average striker then?

Paynter hasnt scored past Manchester United and Tottenham on the telly!!

that, what it is you see....

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:16:04 »

Nothing would be more satisfying than taking 6 points off them.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:22:29 »

Nothing would be more satisfying than taking 6 points off them.

apart from doing cheryl cole up the wrong un
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: