Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin Moves To Torquay  (Read 15314 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 15:31:33 »

Except I never said that

But I still don't think Ward does that much more defensively than McNamee did
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 15:59:07 »

Many thanks for all the compliments and criticisms, makes my efforts worth while.

With regards to the players, games and so on I do 100% believe everything I post. I am amazed sometimes when people disagree so much and makes me wonder if I've been to a different game.

To stoke things up a bit, still not convinced by Sheehan in preference to LJF. Sheehan is a more solid defender but I reckon LJF is better all round and offers us more especially going forward. LJF's left foot is a under used weapon, like to see him taking some corners and free kicks just outside the area.

Sheehan has to be contender for best set piece taker at the club so would be a better option offensively than Lescinel and also he is notably much more solid defensively.  No shock that we kept our first clean sheet in a while as soon as Lescinel is dropped.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 16:50:58 »

Its a fair point but Carlisle were that crap going forward I reckon we would have kept a clean sheet if I played left back.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #78 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 16:55:45 »

Aren't you right-footed though. We'd've (love that!) had no balance.

Have I invented a new abbreviation?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 17:03:58 »

Yes I am.

That wasn't really the point

FUCK OFF TWAT
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #80 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 19:27:29 »

Cheesy I just like arguing with you sweetie.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 19:41:20 »

Sheehan has to be contender for best set piece taker at the club so would be a better option offensively than Lescinel and also he is notably much more solid defensively.  No shock that we kept our first clean sheet in a while as soon as Lescinel is dropped.

We don't know what LJF is like taking corners or free kicks within shooting distance as he never takes them, but he has put over plenty of good crosses. The same with going forward in general, LJF is pretty much always one of the defenders that stays back to allow Cuthbert or Greer to push up - whereas Sheehan normally pushes up instead.

Interesting you should bring the clean sheet up, that was Sheehan's 7th league game for us and the 1st in which we've kept a clean sheet. With LJF playing we've had 6 clean sheets in 26 league games.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 22, 2010, 19:45:35 by jonny72 » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 19:48:40 »

We don't know what LJF is like taking corners or free kicks within shooting distance as he never takes them,

But surley if he was any good they would give him a chance, as he would surley say...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 20:01:09 »

Cheesy I just like arguing with you sweetie.

Our one at Exeter was my favourite.

Jamie Vincent couldn't take free kicks, corners or cross very well. Solid defender though!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 20:10:50 »

I think you mean to say excellent

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #85 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 22:51:16 »

Our one at Exeter was my favourite.

I can't remember what it was about, but I know I was right, whatever it was. Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 08:03:41 »

I can't remember what it was about, but I know I was right, whatever it was. Cheesy

It was about the merits of short corners vs proper corners.

We kept taking short corners at exeter and they were crap and I claimed we are more dangerous from long corners. You disgareed.

Same conversation every short corner we wasted.

JPM finally whips it straight in, straight on Big Kevs head for 1-0

Dave for the win
x
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 08:31:20 »

Ah I remember, you said we've never scored from a short corner. I make it two this season. Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 09:01:46 »

No, I said we score more from proper corners and we do Cheesy
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 09:28:23 »

We don't know what LJF is like taking corners or free kicks within shooting distance as he never takes them, but he has put over plenty of good crosses. The same with going forward in general, LJF is pretty much always one of the defenders that stays back to allow Cuthbert or Greer to push up - whereas Sheehan normally pushes up instead.

Interesting you should bring the clean sheet up, that was Sheehan's 7th league game for us and the 1st in which we've kept a clean sheet. With LJF playing we've had 6 clean sheets in 26 league games.

We can all bring stats to prove one thing or another Lescinel has been involved in every defeat we have had this season where as Sheehan is yet to taste defeat.  To suggest Lescinel would be as good on set pieces is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: