Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 3565 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 14:48:34 »

Anyone else watching this year?  Wales vs Scotland was entertaining yesterday, even if it wasn't the most technically accomplished rugby you'll see in the tournament.  What a finish.

Waiting to see whether Jerry Guscott's prediction of a England win with a 20 point margin materialises this afternoon.  I think we'll pull away in the second half.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 14:50:21 »

Johnny Wilkinson in penalty miss shocker!

I agree about the game yesterday, incredible ending, mostly of Scotland's own doing.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 14:54:13 »

Johnny Wilkinson in penalty miss shocker!
...and another miss
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:19:48 »

...and a successful kick.

Know what you mean though.  He's a shadow of the player he used to be.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:25:22 »

...and a successful kick.

Know what you mean though.  He's a shadow of the player he used to be.

First miss since 2003 according to the commentators, five bad minutes does not a shadow make.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 17:10:59 »

Why do the BBC continue to use Brian Moore as a commentator? He's so biased it's unreal and even then all he ever does is whinge.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 17:25:04 »

Why do the BBC continue to use Brian Moore as a commentator? He's so biased it's unreal and even then all he ever does is whinge.

To be fair though England have been shit for a fair few years now so more often than not he has a point.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 18:36:36 »

All sports have one whinging plank.

Others that spring to mind are Bob Willis (blatantly IOB in 40 years!), Jim Watt and John Francome (who's from Swindon I believe)
Highland Robin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 09:42:41 »

Italy clearly no longer the also rans of six nations, but what rubbish from England.  Johnson must go.  bring back Worsley, the only one who knows how to tackle
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 10:10:51 »

John Francome (who's from Swindon I believe)

Correct. I went to school with his nephew
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 10:26:31 »

Correct. I went to school with his nephew

I went to school with Francome...played in the same rugby team with him and a kiddy called Richard Harding, who went on to play for England.  He was just about the last of the amateurs captaining England just before Will Carling.

Harding would never have made it, but his old man had a bit of dollar, and so paid for him to go to Millfield.

Francome did it on ability, rather than privilege.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 11:51:52 »

Italy are still the also rans of the six nations. They will lose every game this year and get the wooden spoon. Again.

I am surprised that game was so close tho. Didn't watch it myself but before the game I was saying to my mate if I had £100 spare I would put it on England with the 14 point handicap. So glad I didn't have £100 to put on that!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:23:28 »

Italy are still the also rans of the six nations. They will lose every game this year and get the wooden spoon. Again.

I am surprised that game was so close tho. Didn't watch it myself but before the game I was saying to my mate if I had £100 spare I would put it on England with the 14 point handicap. So glad I didn't have £100 to put on that!
It's cos England were crap. Played the wrong kind of game and made basic errors throughout. Whilst Italy are definitely continuing to improve, we should really be beating them much more comfortably than that.
Highland Robin

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:53:21 »

I agree that Italy will still lose all their games (so will Scotland, sadly), but they are no longer walked all over by all five of the other nations, and just as Argentina has become a force, so italy may yet do.
Doore

« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:57:51 »

I agree that Italy will still lose all their games (so will Scotland, sadly),

So what happens when Scotland play Italy, do they both lose?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: