Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Cuthbert  (Read 10013 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 13:32:41 »

the fans need to come out in numbers now to show the board they are there.
i dont think there are any excuses now not to get out and support the team.if fitton shows he's trying to build a promotion teamand keeps the better players,then it's up to the fans to show they will support them.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 13:40:07 »

And we never will unless we get championship football,crowds of 7k will not be good enough,we have the backers now,if they want us in the championship then they need to take a few risks it's not as if they cant afford to is it ?

There plenty of good reasons why taking a risk by spending money you don't have in an attempt to secure a higher level of football is a really, really bad idea. Crystal Palace and Portsmouth for starters. Oh, and us a few years ago.

The board have already made it very clear they will not piss their money away and why should they?

I really don't know what there is to complain about. If the right offer is made for a player they will be sold, the difference now is that the right offer will be a decent sum of money and we won't be selling anyone on the cheap.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:02:48 »

There plenty of good reasons why taking a risk by spending money you don't have in an attempt to secure a higher level of football is a really, really bad idea. Crystal Palace and Portsmouth for starters. Oh, and us a few years ago.

The board have already made it very clear they will not piss their money away and why should they?

I really don't know what there is to complain about. If the right offer is made for a player they will be sold, the difference now is that the right offer will be a decent sum of money and we won't be selling anyone on the cheap.

Are you not getting sidetracked a little bit,palace and pompey went out and brought players to buy promotion,Im talking about keeping the players we got not buying more.

What happends if leeds come in with a bid for charlie,do you think we should sell him just to keep the books balanced.I suppose one thing we can look forward to if thats the case,at least we will get cheap season tickets each season while we stagnate in league one.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:09:28 »

WAsn't we all talking about Paynter leaving for Rovers last week - and this week it is Cuthbert to Preston.....isn't there a themse somewhere....i.e. it's all bollox
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:14:17 »

There is a huge difference between splashing cash we dont have and not selling our current players.

Unless Manchester United come in with a 7m bid we should reject all other offers!

Cuthbert is only going to get better and better, so in the long run should be worth more money. On the flip side this time next year he'll be able to talk to anyone. End of next season he will still be under 24 wont he? not that we will get fair value.

In conclusion - get him to sign an extension asap so he is contracted here till 2012.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:20:54 »

One thing that weighs heavily in our favour is how we dealt with Simon's transfer in the summer.

Scotty knows that we will not hold him back when the right deal comes along.

Usually a move to Preston for a Town player would be a good one for the individual, but a player of Scott's ability and potential can and will aim a lot higher.

He's worth plenty more than GBP500,000 too.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:41:05 »

How much is promotion or even just a play-off campaign to us financially?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 14:41:55 »

£47.28
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:26:45 »

Technically a PO spot is more financially rewarding in the short term as you get TV cash for both legs and then obviously the final plus increased gate receipts, sponsorship and advertising

Obviously if you occupy one of the top 2 spots you don't get that financial reward but in the longer term it is more financially rewarding being in the CCC due to increased tv revenue and increased league payouts at the end of the season
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:41:31 »

I found this document on the Football League website which covers the 2006/7 play offs;

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/ba/91/0,,10794~37306,00.pdf

Basically;

- Semi Finals: 50% of the gate receipts goes in to the pool account (which I think is shared out amongst all clubs in the division). The other 50% goes in to a pool, division by division, which is then shared out between the 4 clubs in the play offs. So each club in the play offs gets 12.5% of the total gate receipts for the 4 semi finals.

- Finals: 50% goes in to the pool account. The other 50% is shared by the 2 clubs in the final. Programme sales and perimeter advertising are viewed included in the gate receipts.

- TV Money: Looks like this is not viewed as being any part of the proceeds of the games.

So about £150k in gate receipts for the semi finals and £300k for the final (both based on 60k at £20).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:50:11 »

Technically a PO spot is more financially rewarding in the short term as you get TV cash for both legs and then obviously the final plus increased gate receipts, sponsorship and advertising

Obviously if you occupy one of the top 2 spots you don't get that financial reward but in the longer term it is more financially rewarding being in the CCC due to increased tv revenue and increased league payouts at the end of the season
I think he knows it's worth some money, but was asking "How much?".
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:54:01 »

Fuck me, I just read how much the tickets were for last seasons League 1 Play Off Final:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/play-offs/news/20090518/league-1-play-off-final-ticket-information_2246527_1661665

£30 to £84 with half price for concessions for all tickets except the £84 ones. A decent ticket was £50 minimum.

£84 to watch a League 1 match?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:57:42 by jonny72 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:56:37 »

Shit on toast! Does that include complimentary canapes?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 15:59:11 »

Better start saving!!
Panda Paws

« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 16:00:59 »

Bearing in mind we paid in the region of 200k for him in the summer and, as someone else noted, no doubt we'd be inclined to give celtic a 25% cut, we'd make a 125K profit. Not a chance Mr Ferguson. On a side note, I got the away shirt with Cuthbert printed on the back for my birthday last week so he better not go!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: