Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Season Tickets  (Read 66293 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 14:40:32 »

Thats a great post. I think the board are really going for it now, they are less patient than I thought they would be and want success. The only disagreement I would have is that if you ever get a chance to get promoted then you should take it. Quite often you get a summer when everything looks right, but on the pitch it just doesnt happen. Its seems like a totally different team every season there are so many changes nowadays, and thats the way football is now. Weve got a sniff of promotion and we should do everything we can to get it this season.

I think its a load of media guff about how much better the Championship is from League 1 anyway. If Charlie Austin can make a mockery of the Southern League - League 1 gap then this team should be able to stay up no problem in the league above (with a bit of determination and hard work).
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 14:42:51 by Spencer_White » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 15:08:38 »

the board need to realise that not all fans want to commit to season tickets, regardless of how good a deal it is.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 15:35:54 »

the board need to realise that not all fans want to commit to season tickets, regardless of how good a deal it is.

Whilst this is true, if you look at the cost of a season ticket vs match day prices you only need to make it to 1/2 of the games to make it cost effective.

We don't usually make it to midweek games, but we still save money over the whole season by having season tickets.

I guess the thing that would put off most people is the initial outlay, but with the number of credit card deals at 0% it would be fairly easy to buy one and spread the cost over the next 6-12 months.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:27:10 »

I moved from the Town end to the DRS this season because an ok atmosphere wasn't enough to make up for the shit view. I am going to stay where i am next season because i can't really see it working, we just don't get enough fans willing to vocally back the team. I do in the DRS and get stared at like i'm a freak.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:42:01 »

Thats a great post. I think the board are really going for it now, they are less patient than I thought they would be and want success. The only disagreement I would have is that if you ever get a chance to get promoted then you should take it. Quite often you get a summer when everything looks right, but on the pitch it just doesnt happen. Its seems like a totally different team every season there are so many changes nowadays, and thats the way football is now. Weve got a sniff of promotion and we should do everything we can to get it this season.

I think its a load of media guff about how much better the Championship is from League 1 anyway. If Charlie Austin can make a mockery of the Southern League - League 1 gap then this team should be able to stay up no problem in the league above (with a bit of determination and hard work).

I think you're doing Charlie boy an injustice.  He came from 2 leagues below southern league standard!  Not even the level of Chippenham, Supermarine and Ciren.

Never knowingly overstated.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:07:47 »

And the (some) fans need to realise that the board aren't a charity. £199 is a cracking deal. End of.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:32:58 »

I think most of the people who take up the £199.00 will be people who are already in the Town End and will think "result i save £50.00 (or in my case as i bought late) £100.00 on this years price" is that going to make people sing more? No. Most people who have moved now realise they get a better vie and the DRS is getitng better for atmosphere so why move back? In theory we are probably at our base or just above of hardcore fans really. I would say there are about 5000 hard core fans plus 2,000 show up on the day if they can be bothered and 500 away fans to make our gate 7,500. Those 5,000 already have season tickets so not sure if the "show up on the day fans" will get behind the initiative or not? Great gesture by the board but as others have said I cant see us topping 6,000. Would love it if we did, be great to see 8,000+ every game regardless but I would be very suprised if it happened. For those 5,000 hardcore fans though I guess they say "great i'll re-new as getting my ticket cheaper" If we got promoted we would be watching championship football for say less than a tenner a match in the Town End. Even if we got promoted our average gate would probably be about 10,000 (based that many clubs in the CCC would bring big followings). That is the reality sadly of Swindon Town FC as good an offer as it is I think they will only see a marginal increase. With the initiatives over the last few years its just never happened in Swindon. People who are familiar to the ground will see £199.00 and think "hmmm maybe I will get a season ticket for that price" but then will go "oh but its the Town End you can't see fuck all there".
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:36:28 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:39:25 »

(Not aimed at you Gaz by the way just in general)

But last season, everyone was banging on about how they should reduce the cost of tickets in the town end, get people in and get an atmosphere back etc. so the board listen to the fans, reduce the ticket prices for next season (with the small possibility of Champiosnship football) and now its somehow not going to work or doesn't provide enough of an incentive?   I'm starting to wonder if the board can do anything right by some people!

The Town End has the potential to generate a great atmosphere, fill it and that will happen and I'm confident of that. 

I'd still really like to see fans on the bank personally as I hate having an empty stand. I think that could be a key factor to generating a better match day buzz.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:47:22 »

(Not aimed at you Gaz by the way just in general)

But last season, everyone was banging on about how they should reduce the cost of tickets in the town end, get people in and get an atmosphere back etc. so the board listen to the fans, reduce the ticket prices for next season (with the small possibility of Champiosnship football) and now its somehow not going to work or doesn't provide enough of an incentive?   I'm starting to wonder if the board can do anything right by some people!

The Town End has the potential to generate a great atmosphere, fill it and that will happen and I'm confident of that. 

I'd still really like to see fans on the bank personally as I hate having an empty stand. I think that could be a key factor to generating a better match day buzz.

Totally agree, I think though now it's probably a season too late. As most have said here who have moved to the DRS, Arkells etc. It is overall a better match day experience due to the view, facilities etc. These people are settled now. Personally I am still in the Town End so chuffed at the savings for sure and hope it does get people back.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:53:45 »

I don't get why the board have suddenly thrown their toys out of the pram. They've always said its a long term plan and attendances seem to have been doing well - they will be over 5% up this season over last. Plus season ticket sales were lower this season than last, so ticket income will have increased by maybe 10% What is wrong with that in the current climate and the poor football we had last season?

The board now seems to be saying that if we don't sell a lot of season tickets for next season, they will drop the ground re-development plans and reduce the squad budget. Neither of which is going to help move the club forward, it could even put some people off from buying one.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:55:19 »

Without wanting to sound like i am being negative towards our board i think the real issue is that they are great at marketing to the existent fan base i would just like to see a bit more aimed at new fans.

Why not offer school kids,college students one for £100 for a season or offers like that to other people in the hope that the season after they renew at the higher prices.

Fwiw i think we will get a good number sign up at these prices but that will be the hardcore supporters.

A nice article in the adver about how well the club are doing and how well run we now are would be good aswell instead of some cunt writing bad articles about how we have always been cunts to are loyal supporters like this twat

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4846653.Small_Town_Club__Big_Town_Economy___Part_Three/
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 17:57:12 »

I read it that unless we get the attendances, we won't be seeing year after year of football in the division above. Not sure you can have one before the other unfortunately.

And Luci is right about the town end offer.
Spencer_White

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:03:09 »

I don't get why the board have suddenly thrown their toys out of the pram. They've always said its a long term plan and attendances seem to have been doing well - they will be over 5% up this season over last. Plus season ticket sales were lower this season than last, so ticket income will have increased by maybe 10% What is wrong with that in the current climate and the poor football we had last season?

The board now seems to be saying that if we don't sell a lot of season tickets for next season, they will drop the ground re-development plans and reduce the squad budget. Neither of which is going to help move the club forward, it could even put some people off from buying one.

Did read the bit about them currently making good a loss of £3 million a year?

No.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:03:27 »

They haven't said that at all. They have just said it will have bearing on the plans themselves whic means they'll probably look at things and think "is it worth having a 25,000 seater stadium when we can't fill it". There's nothing to suggest the budget will be lowered. I think what they are trying to imply is that without an increase in crowds this will be our level of football. We need bigger crowds to sustain Championship football. It doesn't take a genius to know that. I think it's quite clever from the board actually. They are trying to make people aware of the above. Because let's face it if they don't then we will still be here in 3 years time talking about the same things.
Spencer_White

« Reply #104 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:10:13 »

Would it put you off, Johnny if the board said we were not getting a shiny new ground?

Is that what you always wanted?

Toys out of the pram and all that.  Crying
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 19:01:35 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: