Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds Game  (Read 25180 times)
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 22, 2010, 23:49:32 »

Hartlepool, Gillingham, Tranmere, Brentford and Oldham wins please, i'm not asking for much.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 11:53:12 »

Drove by the CG at 11 am, queues at the ticket office!!  They were out into the car park.  Guess it was the Leeds game they were after and not renewing season tickets!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 12:22:14 »

Got there at half 10 and only just got home.

The queue wasn't huge, but some things remain the same, one guy in the box office! Gonna have to turn quite a few fans away. People turning up from half 11 onwards might find themselves having to come back on Monday.

Just under 1,000 left apparently. Saw Big Kev going into the club shop as well.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 12:28:45 »

was a steady queue at about 10 sounds like i got there just before it got over busy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 12:56:54 »

Echoes of 20 years ago!

remember that game well.they went onto win the league and we won the play offs.id take that again.
good game that day and a great win for us.i remember vinnie jones getting a bit of banter off the shrivvy road fans when he was warming up. he picked some turf up and chucked it in the crowd.
loads of fights after the game too
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:41:57 »

You forget that nearly everybody else is playing tomorrow, which will alter the table a little, although it will give us yet another game in hand.

Saturday, 23 January 2010
Bristol Rovers v Hartlepool, 15:00
Carlisle v Stockport, 15:00
Gillingham v Colchester, 15:00
Franchise v Tranmere, 15:00
Norwich v Brentford, 15:00
Oldham v Millwall, 15:00
Southend v Wycombe, 15:00
Yeovil v Exeter, 15:00
Yes, I admit I had forgotten that. We're still in a damned good position though and I think we should certainly be aiming for the top two at this stage.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 18:30:38 »

remember that game well.they went onto win the league and we won the play offs.id take that again.
the town end was rocking that day - a proper standing, shouting, chanting terrace, sucking the goals in and then blowing them out as the wee man Strachan threatened around our defended final third.

More of the same please!
Highland Robin

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 20:42:01 »

Best possible result for us today, I reckon...Hard game, and replay for them to look forward to, with real possibility of going through....if anything can take their attention away from tuesday's game, this is it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 21:05:52 »

Best possible result for us today, I reckon...Hard game, and replay for them to look forward to, with real possibility of going through....if anything can take their attention away from tuesday's game, this is it.
Agreed.

Utlimately, our lads need to go out and do the business but I'll take every bit of help that's available.
Spencer_White

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 14:23:25 »

Got a half day tuesday.

Ive got that sort of big game nervous excitement for this match already. To be honest Im counting down the hours until tuesday, cant fucking wait. Been up there 4 fucking times. Fucking goalie last minute equalisers, penalties, biased refs, weve got nothing. Id love it if we beat them.

Hope the south stand get involved a bit, rise up for it. Not just sitting on their arses clapping along in time.

You know what, I rekon they would take a point. But we want all 3.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:30:22 »

Hopefully they will be knackered and not up for it, they definitely will not play to the standard they did against Spurs so hopefully we will humiliate them. Austin WILL score two goals at least.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:36:48 »

I am buzzing for this. Cant wait.

Hopefully we beat the dirty northern tossers.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:39:31 »

Got a half day tuesday.

Ive got that sort of big game nervous excitement for this match already. To be honest Im counting down the hours until tuesday, cant fucking wait. Been up there 4 fucking times. Fucking goalie last minute equalisers, penalties, biased refs, weve got nothing. Id love it if we beat them.

Hope the south stand get involved a bit, rise up for it. Not just sitting on their arses clapping along in time.

You know what, I rekon they would take a point. But we want all 3.

Didn't think i'd be hear anybody say that all season following Gillingham away!!!  It's a funny old game
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:39:32 »

We won't humiliate them, although it would be great if we did!

I think it'll be a really tight, nervy game. Can't wait!

It's All Good..............
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 16:41:29 »

I'm starting to look forward to this one as well.

We don't very often make midweek games now, what with it usually being a school night from Sprog.

We managed Soton earlier this season as he wasn't at school that week.

There is nothing quite like a big crowd under floodlights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: