Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who could leave  (Read 7645 times)
dell boy

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:34:15 »

Getting rid of Paynter and Macklin even if we went up, in my opinion would be stupid.

Its a matter of opinion, what I've seen of Macklin, I dont rate him and cant believe some of the hype written about him. Paynter will have served us well for Division One, he is not a prolific striker, but is a Division One striker.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:36:43 »

I agree Dell - big few months for Macklin coming up.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:40:11 »

Its a matter of opinion, what I've seen of Macklin, I dont rate him and cant believe some of the hype written about him. Paynter will have served us well for Division One, he is not a prolific striker, but is a Division One striker.

This will of course sound(read) more arrogant that I want it to but how many times have you seen him play?

I'd give Paynter a chance in the Championship.
dell boy

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:43:05 »

This will of course sound(read) more arrogant that I want it to but how many times have you seen him play?

I'd give Paynter a chance in the Championship.

Not many, I think its three, can't remember the first game but he did come on as sub at home and ran it into touch three times on the trot, that might have been nerves but it certainly didn't show potential.

I only saw Casal three times as well, that was enough.
iffy

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:53:36 »

Paynter's honest, he leads the line and is a worker. He's a Heskey type - his job is to beat up the centre backs and create the space and chances for the Cox and Austin types to mop up.

I think he could do a job in the Championship, as long as you're clear what that job is.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:56:17 »

Not many, I think its three, can't remember the first game but he did come on as sub at home and ran it into touch three times on the trot, that might have been nerves but it certainly didn't show potential.

I only saw Casal three times as well, that was enough.

Leyton Orient. I remember.

I've probably been watching him at various levels for about 3 years now. He has always stood out. but then I know professional football and youth football is a huge jump.

I still think the LO plays on his mind, he plays better away from home.  I know one swallow doesnt make a summer but he tore Franchise apart at their place with his pace and direct running.

As Nev said, a big 6 months for him. I think he's got alot more in his locker to show us.

Fingers crossed.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 15:20:31 »

i've seen a bit of macklin and reckon if he can fulfill his potential he will be a fine player.
it's a big 'if' though
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 15:59:28 »

I have seen Macklin play about 20 times for the reserves and a couple of times in the first team, I think he has huge amounts of pace but doesnt read the game well (yet) misses chances which most players would put away, seems to get a little panicky in front of goal, has a good first touch but poor second touch, is not a very good crosser.

I think if he can get the minus points coached into him then he could be a good player but as he is I dont think hes any better than Marshall.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 16:27:53 »

Re Maklin it's a shame i really think he was starting to get some form until the brentford game.The kid will end up a very good player and who knows maybe his injury could be our gain as maybe alot of teams are not sniffing around him at the moment.

At least he is getting some playing time players like Nathan Thompson are the ones i feel could not progress if we don't get them out on loan somewher.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 17:31:21 »

Plus he's a better player than Mark Marshall will ever be.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 17:35:13 »

Macklin at Franchise in the cup this season was absolutely superb. Ran them ragged.

If he can repeat that standard of performance on a regular basis then we have one hell of a player on our hands.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 17:53:06 »

Thought Macklin was poor against Fulham, allbeit a lot better then donkey Hutchinson.  Hes got pace but nothing else.

Dont think Macklin will turn out to be any good,  probably end up playing conference football for someone like Sailsbury.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 18:09:11 »

Macklin's only had 70 minutes of football since Brentford and let's not forget Fulham are Premiership opposition. It's too early in his career to know how good/crap he'll be, first he needs a lengthy stint of regular games.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 19:38:12 »

It is a big shame he missed that chance at Yeovil, it would've done his confidence wonders if he'd have scored.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JB_Swindon

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 21:45:24 »

We need to get rid of easton the cunt , i hate his fucking collumn in the adver. I'd rather a first team regular did one like paynter .. i hate the cunt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: