Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who could leave  (Read 7737 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 19:33:20 »

Who has actually seen Casal play?

I saw him in a friendly against Portsmouth and didn't come away thinking "strewth that guy is crap", and I don't think I have seen him play since.

I've seen him play in 3 league games
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 19:52:27 »

Malpas,adi williams dave byrne and Danny Wilson. None seem to rate him Wink

I see a flaw in your reasoning........ Malpas bought him, for cash money as well!

(OK, I know that it is a weak flaw)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 20:11:08 »

Saw him play twice, didn't think he was that bad. Certainly never had a chance, must be another reason in the background why he's been completly frozen out?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 22:26:01 »

He was pretty poor at Southend-but plenty of people have had one shit performance

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 22:28:19 »

Would love to see this players go either now or in the summer:-

Aljofree
Peacock
Casal
Timlin
Marshall
And maybe Easton.

You'd "maybe" love to see Easton go?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 22:37:27 »

i'd add thompson and kennedy to your list drs.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 00:46:33 »

I was thinking Thompson but don't think we have enough cover at rb as things stand
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 08:57:18 »

Would love to see this players go either now or in the summer:-

Aljofree
Peacock
Casal
Timlin
Marshall
And maybe Easton.

I would say that Peacock, Easton, Timlin won't be going anywhere unless a club wants to buy them as they are squad players and will act as cover and maybe needed over the 2nd half of the season.

I think Peacock is a major influence in the dressing room and is a good person to have around the squad certainly he is always a positive influence with the younger players who I beleive look up to him
Highland Robin

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 12:57:01 »

I'm glad a few people are going soft on Casal.  Have thought for a long time that there was a lot of nasty stuff being said about him without him having a chance!  when he first arrived and played a few times, yes there were criticisms, but mainly of the 'nervy' sort, and quite a few thought he showed signs of good potential.  then he was dropped and not seen again.  Clearly there is something not right, but not sure he deserves such vitriol!!! Cool
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 13:02:33 »

I think Peacock is a major influence in the dressing room and is a good person to have around the squad certainly he is always a positive influence with the younger players who I beleive look up to him

But he's contracted as a player, not a coach.

If he isn't up to playing for us, he should be moved on.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:21:39 »

I'm glad a few people are going soft on Casal.  Have thought for a long time that there was a lot of nasty stuff being said about him without him having a chance!  when he first arrived and played a few times, yes there were criticisms, but mainly of the 'nervy' sort, and quite a few thought he showed signs of good potential.  then he was dropped and not seen again.  Clearly there is something not right, but not sure he deserves such vitriol!!! Cool

I see where you are coming from here but for someone that hasn't played for nearly 18 months there clearly must be a reason for that. He's even been left out of the reserves on occasions.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:26:57 »

what? that never happened?

He started the season and kept getting caught out of position and costing us goals. Tranmeres consolation goal was his fault. Both of Cheltenhams goals were his fault.

As for which players could leave, well any of them - if the right offer came in.

I dont think any clubs are going to want to take any of our out of favour players right now. I'm more worried about us flogging the players we have who are performing and are out of contract in 6 months time. Paynter, JPM, Austin & Morrison!

I know just because nothings public doesnt mean it isnt happening but the lack of, well anything to do with new contracts still worries me
dell boy

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:31:00 »

I cant see any players leaving in the January period who are under contract to the end of the season.

Depends then if we go up, if it is a yes then:

Aljofree
Peacock
Casal
Timlin
Marshall
Easton
Macklin
Smith
Paynter
Morrison
Kennedy
Jean-Francois
Thompson

Hopefully Ferry and Sheehan signed at the end of the campaign.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:31:55 »

If a stupid offer comes in for any of the aforementioned sure the board would consider, but they have been saying last few days that they are starting talks with the pressing ones, which i imagine would be all those you mention.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 14:33:05 »

Getting rid of Paynter and Macklin even if we went up, in my opinion would be stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: