Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas Dr Who  (Read 2650 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:32:24 »

I thought it sucked, am I alone?

Im gonna give it another try maybe I wasnt paying attention.

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:35:17 »

Nope it pretty much sucked a save a couple of scenes
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:49:21 »

It seemed a bit stupid - he'd lost the plot at the end of the last episode and now he's back to normal. Then out of nowhere they bring the rest of the time lords back to life, who appear to be having a party to celebrate the end of time. I know they can be a bunch of cunts at times but that seems a bit much even for them.

I'm sure the second half will tie it all up in to something resembling a half decent story, but it will still be a pretty shit send off for David Tennant. Biggest problem is this series being done as specials spread out over the year.

Still, I've got high hopes for the next season with Stephen Moffat taking over. The new doctor looks a bit of a twat but at least he's got a fit bird as his assistant so its not all bad.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 02:36:58 »

Hmm it was better the 2nd time without relatives prattling on the back ground.

I look forward to New Years Day!

/
W56196272
china red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 06:48:19 »

I have also been disappointed by these specials over the past year.  Its a real shame because I have found David Tennant to be an excellent Doctor.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 09:52:05 »

I know they can be a bunch of cunts at times but that seems a bit much even for them.
Cheesy I think that's one of the best lines I've read in a TV review. I'd love to see that in the Telegraph's festive Christmas telly round up
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 10:10:42 »

There is certainly a lot to fit in for the last episode. Look away now if you don't want to know

- Regeneration
- A world of Masters
- Emergence of time lords
- Donna going mad by remembering
- Donna's grandad's and his secret

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 12:02:49 »

There is certainly a lot to fit in for the last episode. Look away now if you don't want to know

- Regeneration
- A world of Masters
- Emergence of time lords
- Donna going mad by remembering
- Donna's grandad's and his secret

Is his secret the fact that he travelled with The Doctor in a 1960's film?

It's All Good..............
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 13:01:29 »

Is his secret the fact that he travelled with The Doctor in a 1960's film?
If it is, its not so secret as many of us have seen the film several times!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 17:57:07 »

I'm not sure what to make of this episode to be honest. I think I might watch it through again sometime before part 2 is aired, as I didn't really follow what was going on properly - although it all seemed a bit messy and tangential....
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 00:31:42 »

It was fun in a Christmasy way, but none of it made any sense, and not in a kind of this might be explained later sort of way. It was pretty terrible. It was like the final editing process had been done on something really random - we'll keep in scenes which 4th letter of dialogue are in the first half of the alphabet or something

Cribbins was brilliant, and the cafe scene was good.

Lots to get through in the final episode. I'm hoping the rumours I've heard aren't true, but I suspect they are.

I won't spoiler the thread though.
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 11:23:56 »

Thought it was ok but I agree it was messy, all of the strands seemed unecessary and I hope they don't podge up th 2nd part with trying to explain fat to much at once.

Not sure on thenew Doctor he looks a bit to young and I'd rather see someone a bit older but he'll get a chance to prove everyone wrong.  It's a shame John Simm didn't take the role.

lee.halfhourpower

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 13:25:12 »

HI , I AM SO DISAPPOINTED BY ALL THESE SPECIALS OVER THE PAST YEARS I AM FEELING SHAME BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND JOHN TENANT , AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR.

Fitness Plan
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 13:26:32 »

It's worrying how Spambot programmers can know so much about programming, but so little about grammar or spelling.
spacey

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 13:31:46 »

HI , I AM SO DISAPPOINTED BY ALL THESE SPECIALS OVER THE PAST YEARS I AM FEELING SHAME BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND JOHN TENANT , AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR.

Fitness Plan

Advantageously, the article is in reality the greatest on this precious topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your coming updates. Saying thanks will not just be enough, for the extraordinary clarity in your writing. I will immediately grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates with my hemorrhoids review website.Authentic work and much success in your business dealings!Thank you very much.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: