Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let it Snow......  (Read 50030 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 10:53:01 »

Treck into slough again to be the only one in. I leave at least 40 more miles away than everyone else in the office ffs!!

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #286 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 11:00:07 »

Treck into slough again to be the only one in. I leave at least 40 more miles away than everyone else in the office ffs!!

Careful your enthusiasm might go against you, I will give you an example, not saying of course this will happen.

Back in the 70s I travelled from Windsor to Chesham on a motorbike, riding with my feet on the floor all the way, approximately 20 miles up and down hills and I came off twice, it took me over 2 hour for a 7.00am start and I arrived on time.

I was the only one to get in though most of the staff lived in Amersham or Chesham, the directors brought me breakfast and then sent me on my way home and told me not to come to work for a couple of days.

When I returned along with the rest of the staff, my work colleagues hated me and I sat at work for two weeks in total silence. Left the job soon after.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 11:02:43 »

To be fair though, all the people have the ability to work from home, I don't have that luxury  Sad

If the forecast for sunday is true though Don't look like i'll be doing much monday

Things get better but they never get good
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 11:59:37 »

up in brum we're due another 10cm's.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 12:27:02 »

No work again today. It's getting a bit tedious now, actually want to go back to work. Day time tv is so shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #290 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 14:03:11 »

Only boring people get bored.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:04:30 »

Managed to complete my entire round today but it was seriously hard work.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #292 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:10:00 »

my front garden will never be the same!

You are aware that snow has a tendency to melt?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:16:05 »

I spent 1½ hours last night - in the dark - clearing snow from our driveway down to the bottom of the cul-de-sac we live in.  I don't use the car to get to work (live a few mins from the station) so no need until today, when we were expecting the cleaners to arrive for the fortnightly house clean.  The road we live in has a few gradients and, during the last few weeks, I've seen estate cars elegantly pirouetting past the house on more than one occasion.

Having shifted (what felt like) a couple of tonnes of snow last night, the cleaners called this morning to say they would not be coming.  I have back ache and I'm not happy.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:17:07 »

Oh that would well annoy me!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:25:39 »

Oh, you just can't get the staff these days, can you? Serves you right, you posh git.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:30:13 »

The bloody butler couldn't make it in either this morning.  I'm livid.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:31:36 »

I spent 1½ hours last night - in the dark - clearing snow from our driveway down to the bottom of the cul-de-sac we live in.  I don't use the car to get to work (live a few mins from the station) so no need until today, when we were expecting the cleaners to arrive for the fortnightly house clean.  The road we live in has a few gradients and, during the last few weeks, I've seen estate cars elegantly pirouetting past the house on more than one occasion.

Having shifted (what felt like) a couple of tonnes of snow last night, the cleaners called this morning to say they would not be coming.  I have back ache and I'm not happy.

Probably would have been less work (and cheaper) to clean the house yourself on this occasion ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:35:13 »

Probably would have been less work (and cheaper) to clean the house yourself on this occasion ?

Trust me...if you had a 5 week old baby in the house, you wouldn't want to either.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:37:59 »

The bloody butler couldn't make it in either this morning.  I'm livid.
Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: