Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let it Snow......  (Read 51463 times)
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 21:14:48 »

my beers are buried! Smiley
Doore

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 21:17:38 »

Very good.  Mine are in the fridge.  Except the ones already in me, and the one right next to me.  Accessibility is the key here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 21:48:42 »

Get yourself out, i've had some cracking nights out there.

The Place was the place.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 02:08:05 »

The Place was the place.

Not any more it ain't Reg. Shut down years ago and is now a lap dancing club. Yet another victim in the demise of the old-fashioned night club.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 08:11:39 »

Brilliant when it snows everyone crash's and I get loads of work.

Anyone knows what happens if Tesco don't deliver your food? Do they try again later or just not bother or do they ring or email you? They were mean't to be here between 6-8 somehow I don't think they will make it.

In our case they sent a text saying they couldn't be arsed to deliver and cancelled the whole order - till we kicked off and got it rescheduled.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 08:21:15 »

The Place was the place.

Was that the one with the metal palm trees?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 09:23:41 »

Bloody Typical. I manage to get into slough via train, at not an inconsiderable expense, and the office is empty. I despair

Things get better but they never get good
Doore

« Reply #262 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 09:43:48 »

I'm still stuck at home - trains all cancelled where I am and no usuable roads to work.  I'm seriously bored.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 09:56:51 »

I'm at work, barely any of the promised snow, all trains working, I'm seriously disappointed.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 10:48:10 »

Wonderful day yesterday.  2 hours to complete a 20 minute journey, several very near misses, and then when I got to work (I work in sales for car insurance) my company in their wisdom had decided to close the claims department due to staffing issues...  Every call I got was some irrate nutjob ranting and raving about how they'd had an accident that wasn't possibly their fault but the snows and how it has to be sorted out right now!  Telling people there was nothing I could do and that they had to sit tight and wait for the weather to improve was difficult without sounding like a complete mong...

Then, I wake up this morning, ready for my four day weekend only to discover I've got really bad man flu...  my lips have blown up to the size of Lesley Ash's...  What does that mean?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 10:52:11 »

Then, I wake up this morning, ready for my four day weekend only to discover I've got really bad man flu...  my lips have blown up to the size of Lesley Ash's...  What does that mean?!

Some of your mates gave you a collagen lip injection for a laugh, and bet to see if you'd notice.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 10:53:41 »

didn't even bother trying yesterday, but journey was fairly pain-free today, annoyingly. More snow please!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 10:58:52 »

Travelled in to London today after working from home yesterday.  The difference that 35 miles makes is huge.  Practically nothing on the ground here, but still the best part of a foot lying at home.  I don't need to use the car to get to work during the week, but will need to dig it out on Saturday if I want to go anywhere.

I would be surprised if we had seen the last of the disruption.  With so much snow on the ground, any fresh snow fall will settle straight away.  Some of the longer range forecasts are forecasting new snow on Sunday, so will have to keep an eye out for that.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 11:29:33 »

here's hoping.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #269 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 11:43:39 »

at work, no issues with the bus to work, about 6 of us in. Some people didn't bother as they said "no way am i risking driving" people who live down teh road "refuse to walk incase they break their necks" oh well!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: