Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let it Snow......  (Read 49847 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:46:22 »

five or six inches of fresh snow here... i haven't been anywhere since saturday, so i'm fine
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:09:23 »

If i have to hear one more person say "I might be some time" just before they go outside, i will not be held responsible for my actions

hahaha!  Cheesy
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:15:06 »

If i have to hear one more person say "I might be some time" just before they go outside, i will not be held responsible for my actions

"I am just going outside and may be sometime"

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
ScillyRed

« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:39:52 »

Sunny, warm(ish) and springlike here with a light westerly zephyr 

ps I may be gone some time (to the beach)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:15:38 »

coral reef is ace. Just need to have a kid to have an ecuse to go back!

The traffic was racked from London road in wokingham, through to A329. I jogged that way and went back roads via coral reef and had to turn back. minging. Ms Judd work in Ascot an it took her 3 1/2 hours to get in!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:19:06 »

just been to the orbital shopping centre.quiet as fuck and no probs at all.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:37:39 »

I think the roads around SWindon this morning were awful, most people are of the opinion that the gritters stayed it bed last night.

Apparently there are 3 great big bags of salt and a snow plough in Farringdon Rd Park - probably eaiser to do the job ourselves !!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:40:49 »

I think the roads around SWindon this morning were awful, most people are of the opinion that the gritters stayed it bed last night.

Not just the men who do the gritters that stayed in bed, but the binmen also. We are due to get our rubbish/recycling picked up on a Wednesday, and they haven't been out for the last 2 Wednesday's due to the snow, yet I have to walk 50 minutes to work in it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
REDBUCK

« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:51:17 »

You should know by now that the world comes to a halt when the weather turns bad. Nobodu s allowed to use their initiative

Cheesy
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:57:16 »

The met office didn't actually forecast snow last night so unless the gritter men have crystal balls (cue: I've got two of them and neither are made of crystal) I'm not surprised they were in bed.

As far as trying to collect rubbish in this weather, behave yourself. Have you tried controlling a 20 tonne lorry on icy residential streets?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:02:57 »

Saw them go past my house at about 11pm last night.
REDBUCK

« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:06:06 »

The whole of the south west knew snow was coming last night.

What's wrong with a smaller lorry and more trips, just because what they normally do doesn't work that's no excuse for not doing something.? What happens when the thaw comes, they'll stop half way round the route as they run out of space, then demand overtime for the extra shifts.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:06:08 »

The met office didn't actually forecast snow last night so unless the gritter men have crystal balls (cue: I've got two of them and neither are made of crystal) I'm not surprised they were in bed.

The Met Office Called it for most of yesterday that there was going to be snow coming up the south west?!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:13:53 »

Of course . . I forgot they have a fleet of smaller lorries ready in the depot just in case it snows.

As for expecting overtime for having to do extra work, I would too, it's not their fault it snowed.

My mistake with the forecast, certainly wasn't forecast here in London though! Although Samdy has confirmed the gritters were out last night so there!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 16:15:04 »

Dont know about there, but there's very little grit up here, what they have they are conserving in case the temperature really drops, which according to the weather sites is unlikely for a few days.

BBC weather site was saying London from 3am through til midday yesterday, so they were aware.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: