Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: www.dvds1234.com - anyone used?  (Read 1750 times)
DerbyRed

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 16:11:19 »

Been thinking about getting myself the Star Trek TNG Complete Box Set (yes I know - geek!  Grin) - and it seems most mainstream sites like Amazon, Play etc no longer sell it.

However have stumbled across www.dvds1234.com and all the prices on there seem very low - so I'm reluctant to order anything from it (for e.g. the Star Trek TNG box set is £56 whereas even on eBay it is selling for around £100)!

Has anyone else seen or used this site before?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 16:53:05 »

Never heard of it - and the a title with 1234 in it never fills me with confindence, although i have no idea why
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 16:56:18 »

I'd be a bit wary unless you get a personal recommendation. Paypal payment, gmail/hotmail email plus registration details are US:

Administrative Contact:
   Internet Store LLC
   RACHELLE SMITH (bbonuimm@hotmail.com)
   +1.2814513877
   Fax:
   234499 Gannet Peak Way
   Katy, TX 4777449-0137
   US

They may be legit, but....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:36:18 by Batch » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:20:19 »

fuck that, you want to buy DS9

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:24:27 »

I've found with US sites a good way to check is to look and see if they sell Malcolm in the middle series 2 onwards, If they do it's dodgy, as only series one has been released due to copywrite. Not a scientific way, but should be a pointer.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:29:25 »

I've decided against getting anything off the site - I'll find the box set elsewhere.

As for DS9 - never really got into it (although I do happen to be watching it as I type!).  Might move onto it once I've got through all 160 TNG episodes!!  Cool
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:32:54 »

I'd strongly suggest you give them a miss; no SSL protection on account pages, payment via PayPal only (they can't process cards themselves), no contact details (you don't even know what country they are in), gmail/hotmail email addresss amongst other things.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 19:33:39 »

I've decided against getting anything off the site - I'll find the box set elsewhere.

As for DS9 - never really got into it (although I do happen to be watching it as I type!).  Might move onto it once I've got through all 160 TNG episodes!!  Cool

me mate works for Trading Standards so I can ask him what he can find out about them if you like? i.e. if they're gangsters or not
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 19:51:34 »

I quite liked DS9, preferred it to Voyager. Neither as good as TNG, but then some of TNG really is shit - some very dodgy episodes and it took a while until it really got going. Been hoping they'll re-master TNG and put it out on Blu-Ray as my DVD's looked a bit dodgy on my old TV, need to try them on my new one.
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 19:58:53 »

Both DS9 and TNG took a while to get going. Early DS9 is really dull, early TNG is just silly.

Voyager was fucking awful.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 20:31:06 »

me mate works for Trading Standards so I can ask him what he can find out about them if you like? i.e. if they're gangsters or not

Having a quick flick around the net earlier they used to be a legit company in that they usually shipped the goods, but a bit shoddy on customer service (only email contact details). Also they seemed to be a US company.

This was stuff from a few years ago. Nothing recent. I think Derby is right to steer clear.
-------
The latter series of DS9 are probably my favourite Trek. TNG is being shown 2-3pm on Virgin 1 I watched one today and it was a fecking holodeck episode. I hate these.

Voyager was indeed cack. Enterprise I found a mixture of cack and quite reasonable.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 20:58:12 »

I watched one today and it was a fecking holodeck episode. I hate these.

Voyager was indeed cack. Enterprise I found a mixture of cack and quite reasonable.

The holodeck episodes (ie the safety stops working and they can't get out) are all just plain stupid - they can fly at warp speed but they can't shut down a piece of software. It was fine once but they did it so many times....

Voyager had its moments and had a lot of potential, but they really fucked it up and the ending was stupid.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 21:05:21 »

I liked Enterprise but then i like Sam Beckett and fucking love the pointy eared bird. Although i think she has fake tits and that would ruin me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: