Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 8029 times)
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 16:46:39 »

Those three cunts are taking over the world-James May's this,Richard Hammond's that.Does my head in.

Not such a bad thing.  The cost of motoring would surely go down!  Beers
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 16:52:35 »

I do enjoy top gear but thought last nights programme was shit. Im an old lefty anyway so I should dislike it, but I was watching thinking 'are we actually paying for them to twat around running over cars and have a laugh when I really dont like them?'  Maybe Ive just got too old for it.

Never knowingly overstated.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 16:53:18 »

I found it a bit boring last night if i'm being honest. It's all become a bit too same old and clearly they are running out of ideas. I'm hoping for better episodes as the series progresses though as normally they start off the series with a bit of a slow one.
Barry Scott

« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 17:14:40 »

I used to love Top Gear, as a car nut, not as someone who enjoys the humour. I still like May, because apart from the bad acting, he comes across as the most natural. It's now over scripted and written to try and be too funny, which is often quite cringey.

I find Hammond and Clarkson have become more annoying than ever. It's a shame, because I think it could be great again if Hammond was shot and Clarkson does what he's good act, not acting, not trying to be funny and talking about cars in an impassioned and frank manner.

It's like someone already said, they're almost parodies of themselves now and the funnier they try to be the harder I find it to watch.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 18:11:51 »

I take it for what it is, an entertainment show, and I enjoy it. Better than most of the crap on TV.
Doore

« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 20:52:21 »

I used to love Top Gear, as a car nut, not as someone who enjoys the humour. I still like May, because apart from the bad acting, he comes across as the most natural. It's now over scripted and written to try and be too funny, which is often quite cringey.

I find Hammond and Clarkson have become more annoying than ever. It's a shame, because I think it could be great again if Hammond was shot and Clarkson does what he's good act, not acting, not trying to be funny and talking about cars in an impassioned and frank manner.

It's like someone already said, they're almost parodies of themselves now and the funnier they try to be the harder I find it to watch.

That's a very fair analysis I'd say.  Although I'd just sack Hammond, or ask him to tone it down a bit - shooting is a bit strong for my weak lefty heart to take.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 21:59:24 »

I still like Top Gear, but as somebody said above it is now a bit over scripted. The format is getting a bit stale too. Not enjoying the SITRPC, though this week as an exception as I could listen to Alice Cooper for hours. They kind of have too many "challenges" now too.

I've got no problem with May, Hammond and Clarkson though.

Coca Fola

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 00:22:42 »

They seem to be running out of ideas. Like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: