Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds Game - 14 Nov  (Read 8025 times)
Sheffield Red

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 13:56:03 »

Can see this being postponed now as Dirty Leeds could have up to 5 players involved in Internationals that day:

Kisnorbo (Australia)
Michalik (Slovakia)
Snodgrass (Scotland)
Vokes (Wales) - Not sure if loan players count towards 3 you need to get a match postponed
Martin (Scotland Under 21 keeper)

They recalled Martin from a loan at Accrington yesterday and whilst he is clearly not a first choice for them I am sure they would claim him as the third player if they were missing another two.

Could be quite costly for us if postponed as sure would be a full house on the Saturday and a lot of hospitality sold I suspect.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 13:59:39 »

Can see this being postponed now as Dirty Leeds could have up to 5 players involved in Internationals that day:

Kisnorbo (Australia)
Michalik (Slovakia)
Snodgrass (Scotland)
Vokes (Wales) - Not sure if loan players count towards 3 you need to get a match postponed

They recalled Martin from a loan at Accrington yesterday and whilst he is clearly not a first choice for them I am sure they would claim him as the third player if they were missing another two.

Could be quite costly for us if postponed as sure would be a full house on the Saturday and a lot of hospitality sold I suspect.
Full house? Are you joking? I don't think it would make too much difference. Leeds will always bring a good number, and I can't see too many Town fans staying away just because it's moved to midweek.

So, basically, if it does get postponed I don't think it's too big a problem
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 14:00:22 »

A possibility. They called off their game V Bristol Rovers for the same reason a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10328~1814181,00.html
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 14:34:12 »

They fucking better not.

The scummy northern bastards.

Internationals my arse?

More like Bates rimming the team...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 14:38:56 »

Hope it's called off myself. Floodlit game on a Tuesday night sounds much better.

It's All Good..............
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 14:52:32 »

And another Saturday to myself! whoop!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:10:12 »

Hope it's called off myself. Floodlit game on a Tuesday night sounds much better.

And the atmosphere is normally much better, as proved by the Southampton game.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:27:36 »

It had better bloody not be. I have flights booked and I think my old man has bought me a ticket and won't be happy if it is postponed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:28:42 »

Leeds will sell out the away end regardless of the day of the fixture so we wont lose out on that front.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:31:01 »

One thing I didn't ask, what internationals are scheduled for tha weekend?
broomfield

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:31:40 »

It will cost the club quite a bit in the Hospitality areas. People won't come to a mid week game as easily as they will a Saturday and I think that this one is a sell out.

Could cost the club thousands!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:33:45 »

It will cost the club quite a bit in the Hospitality areas. People won't come to a mid week game as easily as they will a Saturday and I think that this one is a sell out.

Could cost the club thousands!

Nah. All the usual suspects will turn up, the floaters will come in their droves and lids will sell there allocation. I'd agree if it was another club postponing but not leeds. They're massive dontcha know?

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 15:41:37 »

Kisnorbo (Australia)
Michalik (Slovakia)
Snodgrass (Scotland)

Wales are playing Scotland in a non-competitive match so surely this won't count.

Slovakia and Australia aren't playing from what I can see on the fixtures on BBC?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sheffield Red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 17:30:08 »

Slovakia are playing a friendly against USA and Australia have an Asian Cup Qualifier.

Think even for friendlies countries can refuse to let players play for their clubs for 3 days before and all these games are on the same day.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 18:10:51 »

If its moved to midweek i will be pissed off as i can only make saturday games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: