Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norwich City vs. Swindon Town OMDT  (Read 27149 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:02:18 »

I might try to get him to explain cuntflaps on the radio again Smiley

By way of telling people to watch the 2 girls 1 cup video?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:08:20 »

Good spell this, come on!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:10:11 »

My only worry from today's show is how much everyone is building up Charlie Austin...

Given the recent performances from our strikers I don't see how we've got anything to lose by giving Austin a run out. You can't read too much in to his non-league goals, but 4 in 3 reserve games is a good sign. If we go 2 down I reckon he'll be put on straight away, otherwise with 15 minutes to go.

Sure its a gamble but its worth it for the outside chance that we've got the next Simon Cox.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:10:45 »

Does anyone actually know what Wilson's half time talks are like?  Will he have stripped the paint from the changing room walls with profanity (doubtful) or will there have been warm words of encouragement (maybe more likely)?
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:11:48 »

Given the recent performances from our strikers I don't see how we've got anything to lose by giving Austin a run out. You can't read too much in to his non-league goals, but 4 in 3 reserve games is a good sign. If we go 2 down I reckon he'll be put on straight away, otherwise with 15 minutes to go.

Sure its a gamble but its worth it for the outside chance that we've got the next Simon Cox.

Agreed. We need some sort of gamble because we don't seem to be causing them too many problems.

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:12:00 »

Strikers warming up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:13:10 »

Does anyone actually know what Wilson's half time talks are like?  Will he have stripped the paint from the changing room walls with profanity (doubtful) or will there have been warm words of encouragement (maybe more likely)?

No idea He comes across very calmly in the post match interviews, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:13:56 »

There's a thought Smiley

We have Revell, Hutchinson and Tope on loan.  Revell doesn't score much, nor does Hutchinson, Tope spends much of his time in midfield and is month to month on loan.  Paynter and Peacock don't score freely.

So yes, permanently sign a striker by coming up with some dosh, and continue without Hutchinson, Tope, and choose one of Revell and Paynter, and hope that Austin is at least a second choice striker. Peacock is at best a second choice striker/midfielder.  Easton is not getting a fair crack, play him or transfer him.  Timlin apparently isn't first choice, either.  So a striker (even if 200,000 quid from an Afganistan club) and two first choice standard midfielders would appear to make sense.  

Our players without Douglas, and the departure of Coxy are not good enough, even if they show some bottle in the second half.  

Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:16:47 »

Only problem with that is,austin seems like a goal poacher rather than an out and out striker if he dont get the service then it's pointless bringing him on and we haven't exactly put any decent balls into the box as of yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:17:16 »

....Razak scored goals in the reserves. He got 4 in 2!

Dont expect too much from Austin
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:17:27 »

i cant be arsed to listen to it.the midfield line up told me how it will go today.got some stevie wonder on instead
Blind pessimism?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:19:05 »

Only problem with that is,austin seems like a goal poacher rather than an out and out striker if he dont get the service then it's pointless bringing him on and we haven't exactly put any decent balls into the box as of yet.

In fairness to Mr. Cureton, that was exactly the problem when we got relegated under Iffy, plus of course missing the few chances set up for him.
nochee

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:19:40 »

Agree with this
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:21:05 »

Nothing wrong with a goal poacher, a decent striker needs the knack of being in the right place at the right time - its how players such as Lineker, Owen and even Cox score so many goals. Its what we've been missing, the strikers are seldom in the right place and when they are they manage to miss when scoring would be easier.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 15:21:18 »

Come on, make a change or two.

edit: But not Hutch!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: