Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMANKWAAH DID SAY IT AND APOLOGISES!!!  (Read 12807 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:16:44 »

I think it was wrong and if one their had said it to one of ours I think you'd all be saying it was wrong too.

He shouldn't have said it. It might have been in the heat of the moment but that doesn't make it not bad does it?

It makes me think a bit less of Amankwaah but yeah I don't think it'll affect his form and I hope he keeps playing well. Personally I think it was fair enough for Harris to call him on it via the press and Amankwaah admitted he'd said it and he issued an apology or he did promted by the club or the club did. Anyway yeah draw a line under it and move on.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:19:39 »

I find it really hard to believe that any footballer, let alone Amankwaah, would bottle it and not play in a game due to some opposing fans saying they're going for him at the end of the game. If there was a credible risk he'd have plenty of protection at the final whistle and the ref would make sure he was right next to the tunnel (or the protection) before he blew.

Plus there is no way Millwall would let anything happen. Following the West Ham incident, Millwall would be well and truly fucked if he got attacked at the end of the game. How long would their ground be closed for if their fans attacked an opposing player who is black?

Yeah not saying it is likely he actually would get attacked but you would have to admit the likelihood of a sustained level of intense abuse is very likely with racial abuse also very likely and coin throwing a possibility.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:19:58 »

Dropped a bollock
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:20:30 »

well,what a palava!

/
W56196272
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:20:49 »

I think it was wrong and if one their had said it to one of ours I think you'd all be saying it was wrong too.

He shouldn't have said it. It might have been in the heat of the moment but that doesn't make it not bad does it?

It makes me think a bit less of Amankwaah but yeah I don't think it'll affect his form and I hope he keeps playing well. Personally I think it was fair enough for Harris to call him on it via the press and Amankwaah admitted he'd said it and he issued an apology or he did promted by the club or the club did. Anyway yeah draw a line under it and move on.

I guess you hate most football songs as well?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:21:50 »

What gets me is that no more than 30 seconds before it happened there was a particularly nasty tackle on JPM, which fortunately didn't do any damage but very easily could have. Amankwaah says something which wasn't nice and everyone is going off on one about it, but not a single word is said about that tackle.

It seems that players can do what the fuck they want physically on the pitch and its all part of the game. But if they open their mouth and say something bad its unacceptable. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:25:36 »

I don't think the issue is that concerning tbh. At the moment we still don't know what he said but clearly it was something that was probably out of order. At least he has now admitted it.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:25:54 »

I guess you hate most football songs as well?

Think you have got me a bit wrong actually. I'm all up for aggro and abuse. Whatever. I don't wanna sanitise the game. Just if I knew someone had actually battled cancer and had a testical removed I wouldn't think it was OK to go there or the same as calling someone a cunt or a peado.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:29:51 »

It seems that players can do what the fuck they want physically on the pitch and its all part of the game. But if they open their mouth and say something bad its unacceptable. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Not really. If someone was physically aggresive to me I wouldn't take that the same way as them picking on a personal issue to wind me up. Unless they like properly fucked me up. Not just a bad tackle. It's not the same imo.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 19:07:12 »

At this stage only 2 people know what was actually said. We can guess but we don't know - nor do the Millwall fans who have a burning cross ready for Big Kev.
Who said what first - nobody knows apart from Harris and Big Kev.
If Big Kev was in the wrong then he's apologised and made a donation to the relevant charity. Its up to Harris whether he accepts this apology or not. If he does then everyone can move on and Big Kev will have to run the gauntlet whenever we play them.
All this talk of sacking him is totally OTT.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 19:19:59 »

I think Amankwah has been outstanding this season......hes apologised and for me ide like to think that publicly Harris will accept it as a heat of the moment thing.....as for the Millwall fans fuck them...alot of them are total morons and how they get away with there forums amazes me.....like i said ide have alot of respect for Harris if he just accepted the matter was in the heat of the moment.
Talk Talk

« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 19:24:55 »

[url width=822 height=960]http://photoshopcontest.com/images/large/0w3azsg2mcg6m7u2kvj3fz2mdntz3ruezu1s.jpg[/url]
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 19:44:50 »

At this stage only 2 people know what was actually said. We can guess but we don't know - nor do the Millwall fans who have a burning cross ready for Big Kev.
Who said what first - nobody knows apart from Harris and Big Kev.

Where's TCP93 when you need him? One phone call and BAM!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 22:00:00 »

Well I originally thought it was a bit naughty but having read the Milwall forum Id like to wind them up a bit so I suggest everyone who is going to the Millwall away game should take 1 long baloon attatched to a normal round baloon,a stand full of willy and one ball baloons.. and whistle Hitlers only got 1 ball all day.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 12, 2009, 22:02:37 by yeo » Logged

/
W56196272
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 22:26:49 »

he called him Womble - that's just so vicious
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: