Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMANKWAAH DID SAY IT AND APOLOGISES!!!  (Read 12789 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:33:20 »

Im sure Kevin, a 6 foot plus well built extremely fit young man, will be petrified the sort of sarf london hoolie retard who writes that sort of thing on forums.  I suspect he may be able to handle himself and if necessary out run a football fan.

Never knowingly overstated.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:36:49 »

I think it's been blown out of all proportion and only hope Amankwaah continues to play the way he's been playing for us this season so far, and doesn't let something like this bother him. I also hope he doesn't read what the learned Thisis readers have to say on the matter and think they're speaking for the rest of us.

I'm sure worse things have been said, even in cricket.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:42:09 »

Blown out of all proportion....matey has obviously called him a prick or something and he's said yeah mate not a problem but i'm a prick with two balls. Not exactly the Anti-Christ is he?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:56:07 »

Sensible measures made by the club to try and put an end to this quickly. Amankwaah is currently enjoying his best spell at this club and I hope this doesn't effect his game.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:56:32 »

Can somebody tell me what it says, I can't read past the first post. That signature is just too mesmerising.
Spencer_White

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:57:23 »

Drop one of our best players this season for a bit of verbal banter?
Dazzza

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 16:58:09 »

The whole thing is ridiculous.  Harris would have been better addressing his grievance either the club, Amankwaah or even the FA if he felt that strongly about it rather than giving comment to the press.

Daft comment for Amankwaah to make but then we don’t know what prompted that comment in the first place.  At least Amankwaah has stood up and apologised without making further comment, which will hopefully put the whole thing to rest.

I dread to even click on those links.  I can understand Millwall fans feeling aggrieved for Harris especially as he’s come through such a shit situation with them.  You’ll always get a few keyboard warriors giving it large but talk of sacking the player is just fucking loonacy.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 17:08:38 »

Feelings for the individual (Harris) aside**, the more I read their forums the more I think "Good on ya Kev".

Really, what a bunch of ungracious dicks.

** I still think that he (Harris) made a meal of it.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 17:10:27 »

verbal abuse is part and parcel of football at every level.
amankwaa overstepped the mark by taking the piss out of cancer,and then denying it.but we all know player comments are bollocks as they tell people what they want to hear.
he's made himdself look a complete twat and that should be punishment enough.
my lad has been told he will be shanked by a player at academy level.footballers need to be thick skinned end of.

I agree with your first remark arriba but I think you've missed a point. We don't actually know if he did take 'the piss out of cancer' or whether it was just a reference to having one bollock. There is a difference, one is fair banter in my book, the other is not.
Dazzza

« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 17:10:37 »

** I still think that he (Harris) made a meal of it.

In a spicy tomato sauce no doubt!

I’ll get me coat and crash helmet……….

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 17:16:22 »

And that photo in the adver.....

I know that he is called 'big Kev', but unless Harris is a bit of a midget, Kev looks fooking mahoosive.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 17:40:25 »

Tbh I doubt Wilson would play him given the circumstances, what do other people think?

They'll be 6th. We'll be 7th. Big Kev will score the winner lifting us into the play offs at their expense.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:06:05 »

Wonder if we'll hear anything from Easton in his adver column... Being a big supporter of Everyman and all...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:06:33 »

I'm still a bit shruggy shoulder on this whole incident to be honest.  I'd still doubt very much that Kev had the time to produce a coherent knock against Cancer as a disease, and it's way more likely a response to Harris going along the line of "show some fucking balls".  I hope Kev's got the character to play at Millwall, and does well, should make for a tasty game if they continue to stay rabid in the Isle of Dogs until then.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 12, 2009, 18:13:58 »

I find it really hard to believe that any footballer, let alone Amankwaah, would bottle it and not play in a game due to some opposing fans saying they're going for him at the end of the game. If there was a credible risk he'd have plenty of protection at the final whistle and the ref would make sure he was right next to the tunnel (or the protection) before he blew.

Plus there is no way Millwall would let anything happen. Following the West Ham incident, Millwall would be well and truly fucked if he got attacked at the end of the game. How long would their ground be closed for if their fans attacked an opposing player who is black?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: