Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253572 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 17:56:26 »

AA in not doing job shocker
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 17:58:19 »

So it seems Gaydamak is the one stumbling block and that once they get him to sign up it's all in the bag. Interesting that Pompey have decided the best way of getting him to agree to the deal is to issue a long and rambling statement the purpose of which seems to be simply to ensure everybody knows they think he's a cunt. Good move.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1142 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 18:09:40 »

So it seems Gaydamak is the one stumbling block and that once they get him to sign up it's all in the bag. Interesting that Pompey have decided the best way of getting him to agree to the deal is to issue a long and rambling statement the purpose of which seems to be simply to ensure everybody knows they think he's a cunt. Good move.

No doubt a brainchild of AA. Shame he wasn't able to grace us with his presence and unleash his unmatched eloquence on an unsuspecting tv audience.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 18:30:13 »

More bullshit and brinksmanship then. Andronikou was just jealous Rooney had grabbed his spotlight
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 19:20:12 »

Just heard an interview with Andronikou on SSN. As people have said, it sounds like Gaydamak's demands are the only thing holding the deal up, but if he doesn't come forward with a more realistic proposal then it's curtains. Sounds like AA's finally realised he's not some incredible saviour and if this doesn't get sorted then all his promises from the last 9 months won't be realised, so he's managed to shift the blame (whilst telling the truth at the same time!).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 19:25:22 »

Just heard an interview with Andronikou on SSN. As people have said, it sounds like Gaydamak's demands are the only thing holding the deal up, but if he doesn't come forward with a more realistic proposal then it's curtains.
This is, of course, assuming that you forget that we only have Chainrai (via the club OS) and Andronikou's word for it that this is what is happening. Taking any of the parties involved in this at face value is, I'd suggest, unwise
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 19:28:26 »

This is, of course, assuming that you forget that we only have Chainrai (via the club OS) and Andronikou's word for it that this is what is happening. Taking any of the parties involved in this at face value is, I'd suggest, unwise
Despite all that's gone before, I find it hard to believe that this has all been made up. If it has, and if Gaydamak has any self-respect, then he'll come out tomorrow, slag off Andronikou, say "I've had enough" and walk away. It's too high risk even for AA.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 19:39:46 »

They'll do a deal,  if the club is liquidated Gaydamak won't be getting his £2M. Chainrai won't walk away over £2m either.

Pompey are just trying to put pressure on to make a deal in their favour.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 19:55:46 »

They'll do a deal,  if the club is liquidated Gaydamak won't be getting his £2m.

Why won't he? They're reporting that the £2m is secured, so whatever it is secured against will transfer to him if the club is liquidated so he'll get paid in full.

If the reports are right and I'm reading them right, it appears they want him to release the security and that he'll be paid the £2m over the course of the administration plan. In which case, liquidation is actually better for him as he's guaranteed to get his money and he'll get it a lot quicker. Otherwise, if the administration collapses at some point in the future he'll get fuck all and won't have the security any more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 20:05:48 »

Fair point, but a £2m debt is not going to put Pompey under.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 20:21:07 »

Despite all that's gone before, I find it hard to believe that this has all been made up.
No, I don't think it's been entirely made up. There's clearly a dispute, but it's being spun and spun heavily. They're trying to squeeze Gaydamak into accepting a deal he doesn't want by very publicly holding up the baby kitten and saying "Look, he's going to force us to shoot the little baby kitten". And somehow, everyone's rolling over and just accepting that's exactly how it is.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 20:35:11 »

There must be some spin in there from AA he usually can't help himself, the problem is he may be playing devils advocat with the wrong person is Gaydamak not supposed to be well connected with the underworld, I'm sure the deal will be resolved and they will look to exit administration in the next few weeks
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 08:46:05 »

to be well connected with the underworld,

doe he stitch knickers with Fizz ?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 09:06:14 »

Well blow me down, I didn't see that coming.. Roll Eyes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm

"Portsmouth's administrator is hopeful creditor Alexandre Gaydamak will back down from his demands and prevent the stricken club going into liquidation."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 07:33:40 »

More bullshit and brinksmanship then.
As we said, really. Like summerof69 said, he's such a drama queen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9120575.stm

I guess this allows Chainrai to do the "Bob Holt locking the gates after Brentford" saviour act for the next 3 years every time anyone dares to question either of them.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: