Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253310 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 07:36:48 »

I'm sure that AA was only doing the right thing and keeping another from the dole queue
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 19:16:41 »

Bumpity-bump

AA still shit-hot on the paperwork, Pompey fans dead impressed:

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=304973
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 22:09:32 »

The warnings from the Swindon fans are unfolding before our very eyes.

Oh yes indeedy

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 22:14:26 »

His approach to paperwork sounds a lot like mine

"This? Oh, I'll do it later" and putting it in a pile.
Gethimout

« Reply #1114 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 22:51:32 »

His approach to paperwork sounds a lot like mine

"This? Oh, I'll do it later" and putting it in a pile.

AKA - i'll file it away in B.I.N!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 08:11:06 »

It's not going well...

PORTSMOUTH could go out of business by next Monday after the Football League refused to sanction the club’s move out of administration.

Administrator Andrew Andronikou delivered a severe warning that the surprise decision, taken at the league’s monthly board meeting, has pushed the Championship outfit to the brink of extinction.

The league have refused to lift the administration restrictions until Portpin, the company owned by prospective purchaser Balram Chainrai, have given up their security, believed to be in the region of £15million.

Chainrai is the only potential buyer and, if he pulls out, the doors at Fratton Park could be slammed shut forever soon after tomorrow’s home game against Watford.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/205484/Pompey-are-on-the-brink-of-administration-again/#

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 08:26:59 »

More sabre-rattling from Andronikou. The irony is, if they'd had a proper administrator who shut his yap and got on with the job of saving the business and protecting creditor's interests (instead of a discredited former owner), they'd be in CVA under new ownership by now and able to get on with the process of rebuilding. And they wouldn't need to still be paying AA that £1.5m pa in fees. That makes Winston Bogarde look like good value
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 08:46:35 »

If & When their Trust start saying or doing things they will no doubt be labeled busybodies

From the Dark Side
Barry Scott

« Reply #1118 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 08:58:13 »

What I don't understand is he is supposedly some sort of professional and aware of what his job is. I know very little about it, but surely it's regulated and his employers, being quite large can't be completely stupid, so how is he still in a job and allowed to go on with this celebrity-quest/publicity-exercise that we more commonly refer to as administration?

I hate him so much and am shocked at how this man is allowed to use football clubs as some sort of publicity vehicle for the after dinner speech circuit. Did nobody see what he did here? Does nobody see what he's doing there? Is nobody monitoring this joker?

I can only imagine he must be amazing behind the scenes, because to me all he does is act like the focal point he believes he is while trying to make everyone aware that he's some sort of administration jesus.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 09:17:10 »

Andronikou would make a great politician. Promises the world, delivers nothing. Costs a fortune to employ.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 10:16:35 »

What I don't understand is he is supposedly some sort of professional and aware of what his job is. I know very little about it, but surely it's regulated
Not so's you'd notice. It's nominally under the supervision of the court that appointed him, but pretty much the only recourse creditors have is to go back to the court. Doing that is pretty expensive and runs the risk of collapsing the administration/CVA (depending on what stage you're at) so he can do what he did here to several creditors "Shut your fucking yap or you'll get nothing" (I'm paraphrasing but not by much). Good insolvency practitioners of which there are many (including our own Brighton red I believe) rightly get considerable latitude to rescue failing businesses, sadly the flipside is that there's very little to protect creditors from the machinations of those who think this is carte blanche to do what the fuck they like.

and his employers, being quite large can't be completely stupid, so how is he still in a job and allowed to go on with this celebrity-quest/publicity-exercise that we more commonly refer to as administration?
As for his employers, they're raking in £1.5m in fees from his tomfoolery so from their point of view he's doing a great job. Same as he did with us when he outstayed his welcome by two years by fucking about over signing off our CVA - Hacker Young were picking up fees for that all the time.

I can only imagine he must be amazing behind the scenes
Apparently not. Speaking to those who've dealt with him, he's even less professional in private. Difficult to believe, I know
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 10:27:46 »

If & When their Trust start saying or doing things they will no doubt be labeled busybodies
That happened months ago.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:33:12 »

Pompey fans should be thankful that the other Greek, a certain Diamond Mike, hasn't turned up to act as consultant/general manager/programme printer (delete as appropiate).

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 12:10:11 »

Pompey fans should be thankful that the other Greek, a certain Diamond Mike, hasn't turned up to act as consultant/general manager/programme printer (delete as appropiate).

Yet...

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 12:21:09 »

You wait, they'll be turning out in DGI kits soon...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: