Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253387 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:21:30 »

Yeah, but we hear this crap every few years.  If your commitment to this country is so paper thin, just fuck off.  We'll manage fine without you.

Only it's not crap, we tried this experiment in the '70s and guess what it didn't work. Congratulations Donkey you want to tax the poor more - because that would be the fucking outcome.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:22:31 »

In Allerdyce's case he's moaning that he can't attract foreign players because of the tax situation. Fair enough, but I don't think the treasury's purse will suffer. Somebody will always be prepared to suffer the UK tax regime!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:26:33 »

In Allerdyce's case he's moaning that he can't attract foreign players because of the tax situation.

More like they just don't want to play for Blackburn. It's too far north of London.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:27:12 »

Only it's not crap, we tried this experiment in the '70s and guess what it didn't work. Congratulations Donkey you want to tax the poor more - because that would be the fucking outcome.

But the point is, most of these people don't leave.  I would also happily let anyone leave who didn't want to stay regardless of reason.  There's the port, off you go.  We could be left with a nation of people who wanted to be here and we could get on with actually running things properly, rather than being concerned what 2% of the population think.

And, yes it does come down to the fact that I hating whinging rich people.  Always have, always will.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:27:25 »

ghanimah makes a fair point. I dont know what the total tax take from the existance of premier league football is but I think its safe to say its fucking huge.

Chelsea (for example) players may be a bunch of egotistical overpaid wankstains but most of them will be contributing the best part of £50k a week in tax.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:28:48 »

ghanimah makes a fair point. I dont know what the total tax take from the existance of premier league football is but I think its safe to say its fucking huge.

And it would be even huger(!) once Pompey pay tax on the image rights Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #1056 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:30:15 »

Chelsea (for example) players may be a bunch of egotistical overpaid wankstains but most of them will be contributing the best part of £50k a week in tax.

Apparently a fair few of them have been making themselves into limited companies to avoid some of the tax. Thats a rumour I heard.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:31:33 »

Which still leaves them with more than they could get nearly anywhere else.

Let's be honest here, they're hard done by, are they? They still take home in a week the better part of the avarage annual wage.

I'm with Donkey, if they don't like it they can fuck off. (And take Allardyce with them)

It's All Good..............
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:31:49 »

And it would be even huger(!) once Pompey pay tax on the image rights Wink

Surely you cannot use the words 'Pompey', 'pay' and 'tax' without using the word 'don't' or 'avoid' !!  Smiley

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:33:11 »

Apparently a fair few of them have been making themselves into limited companies to avoid some of the tax. Thats a rumour I heard.

Yeah. Offshore companies as well. Amazing what paying a top notch account can do.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:41:45 »

Let's be honest here, they're hard done by, are they? They still take home in a week the better part of the avarage annual wage.

I'm with Donkey, if they don't like it they can fuck off. (And take Allardyce with them)

This

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1061 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:44:39 »

Britain has had high taxes for fooking years.  Why would the mass exodus because of it start now?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:52:02 »

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for Sam Allerdyce fucking off.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:52:31 »

The 50% tax rate will be around no longer than it takes to get the deficit in order.  In fact, you could pretty much bet your house on the fact that Cameron/Osborne will want to take the top marginal rate of income tax back down to 40% at least 6 months before the next General Election.

Anyone who earns more than approx £150k per annum is having to chip in and do their bit.  And that includes Premiership footballers who, in many cases, are earning more than £150k per month.  No sympathy from me.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:53:51 »

What's tax?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: