Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253651 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:02:59 »

All those are arguments why the business should "take it's medicine", I'm still struggling to see how the fans are to blame. What were they supposed to have done to prevent the mess that they didn't do?

I'm not sure blame is the word I'd use. But they should have been aware something was wrong, instead they were happy to ignore it as they were getting the success on the pitch that they wanted. It's a bit like your wife going on a credit card spending spree but you don't ask where the money is coming from to pay it off as she's buying loads of lingerie and putting out all the time.

My main point though is they don't deserve any sympathy as they've had success on the pitch that they shouldn't have had.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:07:58 »

The fact that i got chased at Fratton Park in the light of the Kamara transfer to us many moons ago makes me have no sympathy at all for the bell ringing Fucktards....great expletive that.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:09:04 »

I'm not sure blame is the word I'd use.

So the fans aren't blameless (earlier post), but you wouldn't use the word blame ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:20:19 »

I feel sorry for them in terms of the uncertainty over their future, but not over their on-the-pitch predicaments as some people seem to suggest we should.
I think that's spot on r4e. No sympathy whatever in terms of having a bit of a shit squad this season, being relegated etc. That's football. But it goes a lot further than that - the club's whole future is at risk due to the shennanigans of a bunch of chancers/criminals who used the club as a bartering chip in some pretty dodgy deals. There's no way the fans deserve that, IMO.

Oh, and jonny we all know the only reason you think they deserve everything they get is cos you're a closet Saints fan Smiley
Highland Robin

« Reply #979 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 13:47:20 »

Well as the one who originally made the 'I feel sorry for' comment (and having earlier on declared my lifelong hatred of them), I think all I was trying to say is that, whatever the inter-club rivalries that exist, which is part of what football is all about, I am sad that a historic club like Pompey is at risk.  And all those who do have responsibility for that situation (and I certainly don't know who they all are) must live with it.  But (and I'm beginning to sound like an old codger), if football was nearly wrecked by violence in the eighties, it is now being wrecked by financial mismanagement; and it is greed which is causing it.  And it is sad whether it is Chester or Southend or Portsmouth which are being destroyed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:00:47 »

if football was nearly wrecked by violence in the eighties, it is now being wrecked by financial mismanagement; and it is greed which is causing it.  And it is sad whether it is Chester or Southend or Portsmouth which are being destroyed.
Very well put, HR. And like the 80s, the football authorities are sat on their hands pretending there isn't a problem
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:06:43 »

If there was any way at all that we could implement the German system that insists on a minimum 51% supporter body stake in any football club, I would take it in a flash.  If that means (and it would) that the top Premiership clubs are no longer able to pay their players £100k/week, so be it.  Financial sanity, and more level playing field, greater incentive for young English players to progress.  Everyone (except a few foreign magnates and global media barons) wins.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:10:44 »

Ardiles for Prime Minister! Great post, 100% agree. Although I'd be worried about also importing the German footballing haircut at the same time, but it's a small price to pay Smiley
townforever

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:22:56 »

Ardiles for Prime Minister! Great post, 100% agree. Although I'd be worried about also importing the German footballing haircut at the same time, but it's a small price to pay Smiley

Agreed

Thats 2 votes for Ardiles, while we are importing football ideas for Germany, how about some safe standing and having a beer during the game !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:25:04 »

Agreed

Thats 2 votes for Ardiles, while we are importing football ideas for Germany, how about some safe standing and having a beer during the game !!
What about having a crateful and having a "safe falling over" area for those who can't stand? Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #985 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:33:43 »

having a beer during the game !!

The biggest problem with us (the English) is that we don't drink because we like it, we drink because we like being fucked. And when many get fucked they like to fight. Normally in numbers. Not a great mix for football in this country I'm afraid to think. I personally believe we have a lot of violence within us, culturally, and we'll always be up for a ruck where footy and alcohol is concerned.
townforever

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:45:41 »

The biggest problem with us (the English) is that we don't drink because we like it, we drink because we like being fucked. And when many get fucked they like to fight. Normally in numbers. Not a great mix for football in this country I'm afraid to think. I personally believe we have a lot of violence within us, culturally, and we'll always be up for a ruck where footy and alcohol is concerned.

I agree to a point, but the other sporting contest in this country allow it, although they are traditionaly more middle class sports In England anyway.

maybe I'm just hoping to be able to stand/ fall over in a football ground with a cold beer! its the simple things that keep me going  Sad
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 15:06:21 »

If there was any way at all that we could implement the German system that insists on a minimum 51% supporter body stake in any football club, I would take it in a flash.  If that means (and it would) that the top Premiership clubs are no longer able to pay their players £100k/week, so be it.  Financial sanity, and more level playing field, greater incentive for young English players to progress.  Everyone (except a few foreign magnates and global media barons) wins.

Fully agree. I'd take the German version over the Spanish version any day of the week. Barca and Madrid are racking up debts that are up there with Chelski's and Man Yoo's (Barca's est. £400m and Madrid £700m).

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Highland Robin

« Reply #988 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 15:15:13 »

And I agree too.....dangerous, all this agreeing.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 15:25:52 »

And I agree too.....dangerous, all this agreeing.

I think all of us wants to see their football team compete without running up millions in debts, and for us fans to concentrate on the football without worrying about any off field problems.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: