Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253321 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 17:51:42 »

That could well have been our Jon Stewart... is he still there?

It is our former keeper, who joined Pompey.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #946 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 17:53:14 »

I am still surprised that Jon Stewart our old yoof team keeper is playing for Pompey.

Maybe he won't play so much now that he has a suspected broken his leg!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 17:56:59 »

I am still surprised that Jon Stewart our old yoof team keeper is playing for Pompey.

So was I,when he signed there.

BAZINGA !!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 19:20:57 »

How the fuck can they afford to tour america?

Things get better but they never get good
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 19:24:38 »

I was thinking that a few days ago. You would've thought they would be touring the south coast in a mini van. At least then they wouldn't lose their kit.

BAZINGA !!

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 19:24:50 »

That's exactly what I was thinking Daffyd !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 19:28:21 »

They can't, it was sponsored by an unnamed "interested party". But as Sippo pointed out, was an unmitigated disaster.

To add to that:
They're down to a 1st team squad of 14
They don't currently have a fit 1st team keeper (they've got two youth team keepers though)
They have to pay £500k wages at the end of this month to players no longer on their books
They're back in court with HMRC challenging the CVA next month
If HMRC's appeal succeeds they could be liquidated; if it fails Andronikou will almost certainly transfer the club back to Chainrai ie the same gang of dodgy characters who got them in the shit (or rather buried them further in it) for further asset-stripping
Sasha Gaydamak still owns a load of the land round Fratton Park and has apparently seized the car park back and is now running it himself (so the club will have to repay people who'd shelled out for season-long parking spaces etc)
Andronikou's still their administrator
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Friday, July 30, 2010, 14:55:24 »

I do hope they make a film from this solid gold script material. Apparently he's doing their transfer in deals???

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=284953
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Friday, July 30, 2010, 16:23:58 »

"I think AA's ego is becoming an increasing problem."

its all too painfully familiar
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 07:26:06 »

Sasha Gaydamak still owns a load of the land round Fratton Park and has apparently seized the car park back and is now running it himself (so the club will have to repay people who'd shelled out for season-long parking spaces etc)

From today's Telegraph:

Portsmouth's opening home Championship fixture in doubt
Portsmouth fear that their first home game of the Championship season could be called off because of a dispute with former owner Alexandre Gaydamak over the use of land around the stadium.
Gaydamak still owns a significant proportion of the land immediately outside Fratton Park and, according to Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou, now wants to charge for its use by the club.

Andronikou says that Gaydamak's company has suggested a monthly rental and took control of the land this week. He says the locks were even changed, causing difficulties this week with deliveries and even waste collection from Fratton Park.
A Portsmouth spokesman also said the club were urgently considering their legal position in relation to the land, which is used as a car park and access point to the ground on match days.

Portsmouth begin the Championship season at Coventry before their first home game against Reading on Aug 14.

"If we don't have access to the car parks for the first home game, it could be abandoned," said Andronikou.

"The stadium is effectively an island. The access points are within their alleged ownership of the land. It is a nightmare. When it rains, it pours."

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 07:36:46 »

Hmm Greek players.....now where are the 3 amigos that wanted to take over stfc before Fitton & Co, does AA still owe them a favour

We've seen it all before though, this time he seems to be excelling himself though, I'm still waiting for Diamandis, Holt etc to arrive as a white knight surely it has to happen
Barry Scott

« Reply #956 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 07:50:28 »

I'm just gob smacked such a hateful Jordan-like publicity whore is still an administrator. I know he saved Swindon and without his genius and magic touch we'd have been less fucked, but it seems to me he sticks out like saw thumb and still somehow gets ignored. Why can't someone give him a weekly spot on some shitty tv program or something, or invite him on Big Brother?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 10:41:53 »

The Telegraph piece seems to be yet another case of Andronikou talking shite, according to Pompey fans:

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=285163

What's interesting is that this is actually one of the few things he should have been sorting out (ie dealing with creditors to ensure the business can run smoothly) as opposed to, say, swanning round signing players. But from what the Pompey lot were saying, seems the whole situation arose because he wouldn't talk to Gaydamak, leaving it to the new CEO (who should be involved in signing players) to broker a temporary peace deal for Linvoy Primus's testimonial today, then Andronikou sticks his oar in again and puts the prospect of a permanent deal in threat. He's really not very good is he?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 12:22:50 »

I hated being behind the goal when Jon Stewart helped Phil Smith 'warm up'

I come from a land down-under
Highland Robin

« Reply #959 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 12:38:13 »

Its no good.....I DO feel sorry for them; well the fans and players anyway.  Whatever went wrong and whoever is to blame, they are one of the oldest clubs with a great history.  Its all part of the disease which has taken root in football since the early nineties, and its very sad.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: