Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253720 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 15:55:41 »

So if Liverpool win the fucker this year......who will get the last Europa place...as they qualify as defending champions?   Everton?  Brum?

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:44:57 »

Portsmouth fans now campaigning for Andronikou to give their FA cup VIP tickets to be given to the small businesses they owe money to, rather than the usual fleet of hangers on (half of whom were in some way responsible for causing the debts to the small businesses in the first place) so they can auction them off to offset some of the money they're owed.

And one fan has set up a JustGiving page to try to raise enough money to cover the amount they owe St Johns Ambulance.

http://www.justgiving.com/pompeyfans4stjohnsambulance

Fair play to them
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 14:29:46 »

Portsmouth fans now campaigning for Andronikou to give their FA cup VIP tickets to be given to the small businesses they owe money to, rather than the usual fleet of hangers on (half of whom were in some way responsible for causing the debts to the small businesses in the first place) so they can auction them off to offset some of the money they're owed.

And one fan has set up a JustGiving page to try to raise enough money to cover the amount they owe St Johns Ambulance.

http://www.justgiving.com/pompeyfans4stjohnsambulance

Fair play to them
Yep, two very good ideas there. I wonder what AA's response will be? Surely we won't see him at Wembley now?

(Yeh right)
« Last Edit: Friday, April 23, 2010, 14:31:22 by reeves4england » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 11:36:30 »

The fans have already raised more than the amount needed to pay St Johns Ambulance. Full credit to them, great gesture.

Meanwhile, AA's put the whole squad up for sale - not a surprise, pretty obvious there'll be a fire sale this summer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/24/portsmouth-players-for-sale-andrew-andronikou
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 13:21:48 »

So AA employing a managment company to sell players yet more dept to add on then - I'm sure Diamandis would help him out (if he's not already) for a cut of the profits
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 13:53:10 »

To be fair, what's he supposed to do? Stick em all in Exchange and Mart? I'm sure Pompey fans would rather he's getting someone in to do it rather than relying on doing it himself or the "experience" they have in-house, like the genius who negotiated the 1m fee to Spurs for Begovic for example.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 15:08:37 »

So AA employing a managment company to sell players yet more dept to add on then
Not exactly. The fees of the management company will be an expense of the administration.
They will be deducted from realisations within the administration (thereby potentially reducing any dividend to creditors) but it won't be added to the company's debt (which crystallises as at the date of the Admin order).

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 15:11:54 »

I see in the Sunday's they was reporting that Pompey had not paid money due to 2 charities, and one of them they had even had a cheque presentation at pitchside
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 07:14:45 »

Andronikou continuing to show how to win friends and influence people:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/28/portsmouth-uefa-licence-premier-league

Good piece on his time at Swindon on twohundredpercent (He's not the Messiah, he just thinks he is):
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=5438
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 07:25:32 »

Good piece on his time at Swindon on twohundredpercent (He's not the Messiah, he just thinks he is):
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=5438

Media whore Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 07:51:29 »

Media whore Wink
Smiley OK, good piece apart from the quotes from me. The author's lifted those from stuff in the press at the time, btw, he didn't get in touch with me specifically about this article, so it's old whoring rather than new whoring if that helps
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 08:32:21 »

Meanwhile, AA's put the whole squad up for sale - not a surprise, pretty obvious there'll be a fire sale this summer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/24/portsmouth-players-for-sale-andrew-andronikou

I wonder what the odds will be for Pompey to get relegated again next year?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 08:36:48 »

"John Utaka and David Nugent were also on offer for £3m"

Good old AA.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 08:54:23 »

I wonder what the odds will be for Pompey to get relegated again next year?

Well there was talk at the weekend in the papers that the FL could give them an additional points deduction (17 was mentioned), so the odds would be pretty good, especially if they couldn't come out of admin via the CVA route.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 09:03:24 »

What with Pompey and Hull possibly looking at points deductions due to financial strife, It's a good season to get promoted (I know there's never a bad one).

It seems like the re-jig of payments to the clubs means that a championship club receives £4.6 million from the central fund (up from £3.6m) and League 1 clubs go from £650k to £1m.  That in itself is going to help our finances significantly, even if we don't make it.

*Edit - if the proposals are carried through that is
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 09:48:03 by nevillew » Logged

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: