Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253605 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 22:02:29 »

And Andronikou still says they'll be out of admin in 6 weeks....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 22:30:16 »

Andronikou says a lot of things
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 22:44:36 »

Proposals to be put to creditors on May 6th apparently. Wonder if he'll include one of his ground redevelopment get-out clauses that isn't this time?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 06:59:03 »

I just couldn't believe the flagrancy of the guy to think he was 'famous' enough to sign autographs like he was some kind of celebrity... oh wait, yes I can. Chiles & co found it hilarious though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Monday, April 19, 2010, 07:43:27 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8628604.stm

Like Lens are likely to waive the fee they will be owed if Dindane plays, its £3.5 million.

Thick deluded greek cunt
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 17:23:20 »

Seems Pompey's debt is growing at a rate only matched by inflation in Zimbabwe, now up to £119m

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/portsmouth-reveal-extent-heavy-debt

I do not believe that the figures will come as a surprise to anyone who has been interested in buying the club, when they do due diligence it is there for them to see," Adronikou told Soccernet. "So, for that reason, it is not unexpected, although, of course, the figures are vastly different from what has been reported.
It may, though, come as something of a shock to those who believed your previous (all wildly different) statements as to what the debt was which were "vastly different" from what you're now claiming. One group who these figures will not come as a surprise to though is creditors of our CVA, or the Joe Bloggs one Andronikou was criticised for inflating by a High Court judge - they're all well used to his habit of "discovering" extra debt (in our case 5-6 years after the CVA was agreed).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 17:36:59 »

Is the suspicion that they're running up more debt so HMRC can't block a CVA alone?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 17:40:28 »

Is the suspicion that they're running up more debt so HMRC can't block a CVA alone?
I think it's more than a suspicion. And so that the club can be "returned" to Chainrai and whichever shadowy figures are behind him. If indeed they are.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 18:49:46 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8628604.stm

Like Lens are likely to waive the fee they will be owed if Dindane plays, its £3.5 million.

Thick deluded greek cunt

but they did.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 19:59:06 »

Wankers!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 07:44:47 »

Isn't their debt now up to something like £117m conveniently
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 08:34:41 »

£119m, as stated 6 posts above yours Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 10:28:15 »

Actually the last £14m of that is a bit notional as it's been forward borrowed against fees due to Portsmouth from other clubs. So it's really more lost future revenue, as it's covered even if technically owed hence why it's been categorised as "off balance sheet". But when you have a debt of over £100m, what's £14m among friends?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 10:41:14 »

I reckon it won't be long now until HMRC make their next move. They aren't going to be that far away from being able to block the CVA themselves (they must have at least 20% of the debt at present) and I'm sure there will be some other creditors willing to back them.

But I reckon we could see them take some other action, possibly going after the previous directors and owners for running up such a large debt - if you allow your company to trade whilst insolvent and run up even more debts its a criminal offence and you can be held personally liable for the debt. Then there is the question of where the extra debt has come from, over and above the figures that were provided to the courts not that long ago - would the court of allowed the winding up order to proceed if they had known the correct figure?

Hopefully the mess will be bad enough for the football authorities to finally take some action and stop this shit from happening.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 11:00:40 »

I reckon it won't be long now until HMRC make their next move. They aren't going to be that far away from being able to block the CVA themselves (they must have at least 20% of the debt at present)
If the figures in the CVA are agreed, they've got less than 15%. But yes, I'd be astonished if they don't have something up their sleeves and as you say I can't see them just rolling over and allowing themselves to be squeezed out like that. We could see some interesting scraps on validating the overall debts, especially bearing in mind Andronikou's previous on this.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: