Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253235 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 08:33:24 »

Statement expected from Pompey today that they are appointing 2 new directors to help with theior administration and to help attract new buyers:

Sandy Gray will be Finance Director

Mr Whippy will be talking to potential new owners in his head and inviting pompey fins down the pub for a drink and a chat
sn5_red

« Reply #436 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 08:44:17 »

Looks like D day today. Going to be deducted 9 points. I always thought it was 10?

I think the Premier League have different rules from The Football League, i may be wrong
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #437 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 08:48:20 »

There are less teams and therefore less points available overall so the punishment is less. Worked out as a percentage of available points it is actually a harsher penalty I believe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 09:01:33 »

jayohaitchenn is right. FL is 10 points, PL is 9. The PL punishment is (marginally) proportionately harsher due to the fewer number of games played, IIRC the FL led the way on points deductions for admin after Leicester's blatant gerrymandering of the system, then the PL followed suit. Technically they're wholly separate regulatory systems, but both are locking the stable door long after the horse has galloped off over the horizon
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 09:21:24 »

I'd have though Fratton Park had enough houses in the Area & a move to the Eastleigh Junction on the M27 would not be too poular in Portsmouth

From the Dark Side
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 09:50:09 »

By The Sun today, Andronikou saved us twice, in 2002 and 2007....Morons.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 10:56:07 »

Officially into admin now...

Apparently, Storrie has given a list to Andronikou of people he could let go to save costs. Amazingly, Storrie hasn't put himself on that list, despite Andronikou is now in charge of the day-to-day running of the club, which puts Storrie effectively out of work.

Storrie should've done the honourable thing and resigned.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 11:03:07 »

Officially into admin now...

Apparently, Storrie has given a list to Andronikou of people he could let go to save costs. Amazingly, Storrie hasn't put himself on that list, despite Andronikou is now in charge of the day-to-day running of the club, which puts Storrie effectively out of work.

Storrie should've done the honourable thing and resigned.
yeah, but he has offered to take a pay cut! which is really nice of him!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spencer_White

« Reply #443 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 11:35:15 »

Pompey fan on Sky sports news thinks Storrie is payed £600,000 a year by the club and £600,000 a year by Gaydamak to keep his mouth shut and safeguard his debt.

Resign you prick!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 11:43:03 »

If Andronikou doesn't put Storrie at the top of his cost-cutting list, that in and of itself should set alarm bells ringing about why he's been brought in.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:14:38 »

Well substitute the names Storrie for Diamandis & we have a very familar senario do we not ?

From the Dark Side
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:35:56 »

Well substitute the names Storrie for Diamandis & we have a very familar senario do we not ?
I think Storrie is more the Holt figure in all this. Although I still fervently hope that the very least to come out of this is that he never works in football ever again
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:44:51 »

Surely Marc Jacob is the Diamanadis figure. Or Kushner.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:47:06 »

Im already fed up with the way in which the press are covering this.  Now its officially happened, they're talking about should the government bail out portsmouth and what an historic event it is.

Life exists outside of plastic football in plastic stadiums with plastic fans.  Just because its the sky premiership or whatever its called, it's suddenly subject of mainstream news network phone ins instead of being left for the niche channels.

Maybe Im just a grumpy sod.  I think thats probably the case.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:51:27 »

For those missing the hilarity of the Friday statement, apparently Andronikou's doing a press conference at 3 pm. Presumably wearing his shining armour
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: