Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253641 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 18:11:18 »

What is? That they're expected to go in to administration? Can a statement like that be official?
Just being on the BBC makes it official. They type in all their updates in full dinner dress and black tie
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 18:38:14 »

Yes, in as much as anything coming from the rather confusing Portsmouth hierachy can be.
 http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-665.aspx

The very same statement that i posted last tuesday! Hardly an up to date, by the hour, statement.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 18:42:22 »

Damn.

Ah well, it's Statement Friday tomororow, should be some more wonderful stuff then.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 19:00:38 »

Yes, in as much as anything coming from the rather confusing Portsmouth hierachy can be.
 http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-665.aspx

So this is club statement 665, does that mean that the official appointment of Mr Andronikou may come in club statement 666? Seems fitting somehow...  Roll Eyes
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 19:13:28 »

There are quotes from Mr Andronikou already,preparing the way for entering Admin tomorrow......

Portsmouth will become the first English Premier League club to go into financial administration on Friday.

Four undisclosed buyers failed to prove they had the funds to buy the club by a Thursday deadline set by Andrew Andronikou of UHY Hacker Young, who will serve as the administrator.

Pompey, which is bottom of the world's richest football league, will be docked nine points as a result of entering financial administration, which is a form of bankruptcy protection.

"We made a conscious decision to put it into administration tomorrow morning," Andronikou told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Andronikou, an insolvency expert, will issue a detailed statement on Friday outlining how the club will be restructured to prevent it going into liquidation and made attractive for a potential buyer.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:07:09 »

There are quotes from Mr Andronikou already,preparing the way for entering Admin tomorrow......

Portsmouth will become the first English Premier League club to go into financial administration on Friday.

Four undisclosed buyers failed to prove they had the funds to buy the club by a Thursday deadline set by Andrew Andronikou of UHY Hacker Young, who will serve as the administrator.

Pompey, which is bottom of the world's richest football league, will be docked nine points as a result of entering financial administration, which is a form of bankruptcy protection.

"We made a conscious decision to put it into administration tomorrow morning," Andronikou told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Andronikou, an insolvency expert, will issue a detailed statement on Friday outlining how the club will be restructured to prevent it going into liquidation and made attractive for a potential buyer.

.........enter Best Holdings and a link to Portugal.

Poor Pompey..............I can see a rowing boat entering the harbour with Mike Diamandis in a Pirates outfit. The boat is being rowed by Bob Holt whilst Sandy Mule Face Woman gray is looking athrough a telescope trying to locate Fratton Park.

We were very lucky.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:11:53 »

After all they've been through, having Andronikou turn up as administrator must be like being caught in a civil war, having your house and possessions destroyed by rogue troops but thinking you've at least reached safety when you finally manage to battle your way through to a refugee camp. And then you get introduced to the camp director, Mr Satan.

...........who has been shagging your Wife.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:13:53 »

After all they've been through, having Andronikou turn up as administrator must be like being caught in a civil war, having your house and possessions destroyed by rogue troops but thinking you've at least reached safety when you finally manage to battle your way through to a refugee camp. And then you get introduced to the camp director, Mr Satan.

How lucky we are Mr D. Its almost boring now watching the best football seen at the CG in years and not discussing where Rufus Brevett is going to play.

Happy Days.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:17:52 »

Is Bob just trying to get a local mooring?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:24:37 »

Is Bob just trying to get a local mooring?

How you doing ?

I got a call today from Mex. Was in an important meeting and burst out laughing when he told me about Android. Just got strange looks.

Just when Pompey thought it was looking better another crook pops up. My theory is that God is a Scummer Saints fan and is now punishing Pompey. Maybe he spared us as we play in red.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:33:13 »

Just logged on and wondered how this thred can have generated six new pages...then the reality struck...fucking Andronikou?!  We need to keep an eye on the emergence of Diamond Mike...and as for Bob Holt, I'm stunned...just sat here shaking my head, poor, poor Pompey.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #431 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 20:41:45 »

Andronikou. Theres a name to send shudders down your spine.

Dodgy geezers ahoy straight off the boat for the sinking ship pompey.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 21:31:37 »

Going back to the blog on the BBC about administration, I've just noticed the author of the blog making the following comments this afternoon :

But v quickly, Pompey will be in admin within 24 hours. That's when the fun really starts. Swindon fans will have fond memories of Hacker Young's Andrew Andronikou (as will my mate who used to work for the Sportsman)...let's hope things go more smoothly this time around.

With those comments, I would think Andronikou will be keenly watched...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Talk Talk

« Reply #433 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 22:18:10 »

In other previous STFC involvement news, Little Jim's ex club has hit the dirt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8530623.stm
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 08:25:40 »

Looks like D day today. Going to be deducted 9 points. I always thought it was 10?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: