Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253287 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 17:16:23 »

Very good article. Also noteworthy is comment number 16.

"And as far as being treated unfairly... I wonder how Swindon fans feel seeing clubs getting points deductions when they got relegated two divisions because of the actions of a couple of directors?"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 17:33:09 »

Admittedly reduced to one division on appeal, but yes...point taken and agreed!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:21:19 »

Very good article. Also noteworthy is comment number 16.

"And as far as being treated unfairly... I wonder how Swindon fans feel seeing clubs getting points deductions when they got relegated two divisions because of the actions of a couple of directors?"

Which is why I don't give a flying fuck about the effect on fans of things like this.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:21:39 »

The last paragraph of David Conn's Guardian article,sums things up perfectly.....

One of the Premier League and FA's arguments is that if clubs have to live within their income, the rich clubs will surely dominate, but that is a separate argument, for another determined inquiry – how to make the sport more competitive again. At present, the report shows, the rich clubs dominate anyway; the top four clubs in each league make on average four times the money of every other club in their league. Attempting to bridge that gap the English way, by relying on a "benefactor" to put money in, now requires just two words to point out its flaws: Fratton Park

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:51:10 »

Which is why I don't give a flying fuck about the effect on fans of things like this.

Shit attitude. The fact that we have been through it all before and we know how horrible it is should make us more sympathetic, not less. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:02:49 »

Shit attitude. The fact that we have been through it all before and we know how horrible it is should make us more sympathetic, not less. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind...

Whoops. I didn't mean to post that as I thought better of it and didn't finish the entire post.

But my point is that all those years ago when we got demoted it was far worse than has happened to any other club and in turn their fans. A point deduction even leading to relegation is nothing compared to having a season in the top flight taken away from you - which is a massive thing for a club such as ours. I don't remember the fans of any other club giving a toss about it, so why should I feel any sympathy at all for fans of other clubs when something nowhere near as bad happens to them?

There is also the fact that we in effect cheated our way to the top flight and were punished accordingly. The same applies to all the other clubs, Portsmouth have used money they didn't have to buy success so why shouldn't they be punished for it?
Andy King

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:17:37 »

Swindon used money they didn't have to pay me. That's even worse when you think about it.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:26:54 »

Swindon used money they didn't have to pay me. That's even worse when you think about it.

I hope you paid for your ticket last night at the CG? I understand you were scouting for Colchester.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 20:07:52 »

Whoops. I didn't mean to post that as I thought better of it and didn't finish the entire post.

But my point is that all those years ago when we got demoted it was far worse than has happened to any other club and in turn their fans. A point deduction even leading to relegation is nothing compared to having a season in the top flight taken away from you - which is a massive thing for a club such as ours. I don't remember the fans of any other club giving a toss about it, so why should I feel any sympathy at all for fans of other clubs when something nowhere near as bad happens to them?

There is also the fact that we in effect cheated our way to the top flight and were punished accordingly. The same applies to all the other clubs, Portsmouth have used money they didn't have to buy success so why shouldn't they be punished for it?

At least Pompey's day at Wembley for the Cup Final will still mean something and the Football League aren't happily pocketing money from a full Wembley stadium under the pretence that winning the game would see your team in the top tier. The Football League is full of shit...!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 20:25:12 »

Of course, they could get our old mate Andy Andronikous as the administrator...

Fucking hell, they have! (Mentioned earlier, but now on the Beeb)

"Andrew Andronikou of accountants Hacker Young has been engaged as Pompey's administrator by the crisis-hit club."

From the BBC

I'm very, very sorry Pompey.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 20:28:54 »

I still can't believe Storrie is drawing his full salary and got paid a total of £1.2m last year. Absolutely shocking.

As I think others have suggested, people such as Storrie that allow massive debts to be run up on their watch should be banned from football for life. Fuck all chance of that happening though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 20:33:55 »

Fucking hell, they have! (Mentioned earlier, but now on the Beeb)

"Andrew Andronikou of accountants Hacker Young has been engaged as Pompey's administrator by the crisis-hit club."

From the BBC

I'm very, very sorry Pompey.

I wonder if Pompey need a general manager to secure additional investment from some Portuguese blokes...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:59:56 »

Do you know someone then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 22:19:49 »

I still can't believe Storrie is drawing his full salary and got paid a total of £1.2m last year. Absolutely shocking.

As I think others have suggested, people such as Storrie that allow massive debts to be run up on their watch should be banned from football for life. Fuck all chance of that happening though.
Spot on jonny.

And as for Andronikou as administrator - Jesus Wept. Don't ever think you've hit rock bottom, it can always get worse
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 22:41:07 »

you could not make this up, haha
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: