Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253454 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 09:20:16 »

I see the PL are defending the F&PPT, which like Pompey's defence, is full of holes...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8522777.stm

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 13:39:18 »

Pompey's rivals are not a happy bunch at the prosepct of them selling players to their relegation rivals and they come up with a good point

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5958885,00.html
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 14:58:45 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

Be a joke if fifa let this happen
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 15:00:37 »

And meanwhile, another new owner being lined up (and incredibly, somebody is apparently still letting Storrie conduct these negotiations):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/portsmouth-ownership-victor-cattermole
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 15:39:27 »

Will be a far bigger joke if the winding up order is granted and Pompey are liquidated. All their results will be expunged which will affect a lot of other teams. Which will make the Premier League look pretty bad. Still can't see it happening. Some kind of deal will be worked out, maybe not to save Pompey but to ensure they complete their fixtures.

I'm wondering if they might advance all the Premier League money due to them (TV money, parachute payments for the next few years) on the condition they aren't wound up till the season ends. Good thing from the creditors point of view is that they'd probably get at least 50% of their money back.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 16:40:27 »

And meanwhile, another new owner being lined up (and incredibly, somebody is apparently still letting Storrie conduct these negotiations):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/portsmouth-ownership-victor-cattermole

Isn't it funny how all these owners are either UAE or Hong Kong based, the last few have been hong kong, probably all from the same group
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 16:50:41 »

All their results will be expunged which will affect a lot of other teams. Which will make the Premier League look pretty bad.
It won't make that much difference, most teams beat them anyway, so they'll all have the same amount of points deducted
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 17:36:54 »

Will be a far bigger joke if the winding up order is granted and Pompey are liquidated.

Disagree, we would be in moral hazard territory. Like the banks, football can't keep taking the piss, a line has to be drawn somewhere thank god it wasn't us.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 18:08:54 »

Disagree, we would be in moral hazard territory. Like the banks, football can't keep taking the piss, a line has to be drawn somewhere thank god it wasn't us.

I wasn't referring to them being wound up being a joke. Just that the Premier League would be a joke if it happened before the end of the season and their results were expunged - though I find it hard to believe they will let it happen.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 19:40:11 »

there is a simple solution to the points problem:  liquidate them, expunge all the points, but double the parachute payment to those that go down;  they can take the extra cash out of the total fund for the next year or two.  Mind you, it could backfire, can just see bolton and hull having games where 95 own goals were scored...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 09:02:53 »

Rejected:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

And need to find £22m to finish the season apparently:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/20/portsmouth-high-court

Bring on the next round of the carnival
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 09:19:55 »

Always thought they'd be bailed out somehow, still do,  but £22m just to finish the season - bloody hell! - time is running out.

You'd think this would be the stimulus the FL and Premier League bods need sit round a table to work out how to stop the game from imploding.  But it seems they don't actually care.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 11:11:37 »

Always thought they'd be bailed out somehow, still do,  but £22m just to finish the season - bloody hell! - time is running out.

You'd think this would be the stimulus the FL and Premier League bods need sit round a table to work out how to stop the game from imploding.  But it seems they don't actually care.
In all honesty I think there's very little they can do, bar scrapping the Premier League and thus the incentives to chuck stupid amounts of cash into black holes in hope of promotion etc. As much as that sounds like a good idea, it wouldn't be supported by any team in or near the premier League and therefore won't happen.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 11:14:48 »

There is plenty they can do. The PL are implementing some new financial controls, though I'm not sure they are going to have that much of an affect. I still think a 2 division automatic relegation for administration would go a long way to sorting it out - a 9 or 10 point deduction means fuck all.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 11:22:24 »

There is plenty they can do. The PL are implementing some new financial controls, though I'm not sure they are going to have that much of an affect. I still think a 2 division automatic relegation for administration would go a long way to sorting it out - a 9 or 10 point deduction means fuck all.
What are the plans? Hadn't heard of this. Also, people complain enough about the 10 point penalty being unfair on fans, I'm not sure that football is ready for a 2-division demotion as a punishment yet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: