Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253289 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 14:09:21 »

The downside is hes on 80 grande a week.....any takers?...

Didnt he come out in the press and say he was on 1/3 of that?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 14:17:02 »

Probably.....anyway the point is that a smaller club would have gone under by now...cant change the rules just for them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 14:26:21 »

Did they try to shift any of these players in January? If they did, and nobody wanted them then, what's going to be different 3 weeks on? If they didn't then it's their own fault.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 15:33:33 »

I thought there was a special rule in the Football League for clubs to sell players due to financial reasons, though its possible this was a good few years ago and it got removed when the new transfer windows and emergency loans system came in to place.

I don't see the problem with allowing it, providing they are in the hands of the administrator and that they don't gain anything from it player wise - no signing of decent players to replace those sold even if it means fielding a youth team.

But as others have said, why the fuck didn't they offload everyone in January to help balance the books?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 15:38:35 »

But as others have said, why the fuck didn't they offload everyone in January to help balance the books?
They tried to and couldn't shift them, even the ones they were trying to get shot of an a free. And for the same reason that they're in this shit in the first place - they offered the players stupid wages that they now can't afford to pay and astonishingly other clubs aren't keen to either.

I suppose there's an outside chance some clubs may be more interested now if they've picked up a couple of long-term injuries they didn't anticipate in Jan, but if this is their genius scheme for saving the club, they may as well put the padlocks on now.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 15:43:54 »

They actually signed someone in Jan didn't they? That Portuguese defender. Idiots.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 16:08:44 »

They actually signed someone in Jan didn't they? That Portuguese defender. Idiots.

They signed quite a few both loan's and freebies, surely if they was / are that much in debt etc then they should have been under a full transfer embargo so they could not sign anyone, I bet the players are looking forward to pay day
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 16:19:58 »

It's the other staff, on salaries that they really need to cover their expenses, that I feel sorry for, not players on tens of thousands a week.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 17:38:27 »

Interesting.

If the request is granted, I predict that we will move in to sign Matt Ritchie.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:54:46 »

what a joke of a club, the sooner they go under the sooner we dont have to listen to that fucking bell anymore.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:58:05 »

Interesting.

If the request is granted, I predict that we will move in to sign Matt Ritchie.

That won't even cover their tea and biscuits.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 19:33:55 »

All this because the current owner won't put them into admin as he would get very little of his money back.

Of course, if the judge lets HMRC get their winding up petition next week, the owner will get sweet FA.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Lumps

« Reply #297 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 20:20:13 »

It's a typical game of brinkmanship from an owner that's prepared to run the risk of the club disappearing altogether in the hope of getting some of his dosh back.

Fuck. There's something oddly familiar about that isn't there. I don't remember 5live doing a live fans forum at the County Ground Hotel when we were a couple of days away from being wound up, but I suppose the world begins and ends with the Prem nowadays.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 21:02:56 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

And if you listen very carefully, you'll hear the sounds of the barrel being scraped.

Anyone want this lovely John Utaka, yours for only 20p and a packet of Wotsits?

Why would any club want to pay for pompey players now anyway?  Just wait a few weeks and I reckon they'll get them for free
Rich Pullen

« Reply #299 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 21:06:06 »

Why would any club want to pay for pompey players now anyway? 

Answer: Harry Redknapp.

I'm sure he'll be happy to help.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: