Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253334 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, February 12, 2010, 15:24:40 »

Surely the only real solution is to let Greece play in the Premier League and Portsmouth take their place in the Euro?
Doore

« Reply #241 on: Friday, February 12, 2010, 21:22:13 »

Surely the only real solution is to let Greece play in the Premier League and Portsmouth take their place in the Euro?

Don't be silly - Lewis Hamilton will take their place and Portsmouth will be driving for McLaren next year.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 00:30:25 »

Don't be silly - Lewis Hamilton will take their place and Portsmouth will be driving for McLaren next year.
Or maybe we could trade their place in the PL to the winner of the hardest animal competition, on the promise of a bye for PFC into next year's second round, perhaps guaranteeing them an unseeded opponent such as the adder?
DMR

« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 00:32:36 »

Kind of treading on my point there BR...

Kind of, or undoubtedly?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 12:21:53 »

There's a real risk of it being undoubtedly..

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 12:36:00 »

Hoping the bloke with the bell cries this afternoon after defeat by the saints
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 13:12:54 »

Is it which commentator can bum Ricky Lambert the most?
He's no Billy Paynter.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 14:26:38 »

Is it which commentator can bum Ricky Lambert the most?
He's no Billy Paynter.
Correct. I laughed so hard when they were bigging up his freekick delivery, and he smashed a cross from the wing into the one-man wall, at knee height.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 14:32:01 »

Lee Barnard was even worse Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 14:33:56 »

David James thinks Pompey will still exist in a few weeks' time because "it's too important for football that a top flight club doesn't go under". Why should top flight clubs be any different to any other? In case he hadn't realised, they've only kept themselves in the top flight by pissing away money they didn't have.

I'm not part of the "just let them die" brigade having seen STFC in the same situation, but they have no divine right to keep trading when insolvent.

And another copmlaint about the commentator - saying Pompey and Saints could be playing in the same division next year. My arse. Saints are 16 (SIXTEEN) points off the play-offs.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 15:18:13 by reeves4england » Logged
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 16:10:50 »

Hoping the bloke with the bell cries this afternoon after defeat by the saints

Ive met Westwood Cheesy
Doore

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 22:16:47 »

David James thinks Pompey will still exist in a few weeks' time because "it's too important for football that a top flight club doesn't go under". Why should top flight clubs be any different to any other? In case he hadn't realised, they've only kept themselves in the top flight by pissing away money they didn't have.

I'm not part of the "just let them die" brigade having seen STFC in the same situation, but they have no divine right to keep trading when insolvent.

Agree with this, it is sad when any club goes under, whether Premier League, League 2 or Southern Division.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 22:47:45 »

I've noticed chairmen of other clubs getting a bit more vocal about it recently. One from the 2nd division was bitching about Notts County beating them as they had better players, which his club couldn't afford and as it turns out neither could Notts County.

You could argue the same with Portsmouth - they've kept their place in the Premier League using players they can't afford, robbing a well run club in the Championship of a place. Though obviously that argument falls apart when you consider most of the Championship clubs are spending money they can't afford either.

One of the papers said the government are considering appointing a football regulator, primarily to sort the financial mess out. Not sure I'd be in favour of that, but maybe the threat alone will be enough for football to get its house in order.

Some of it needs to come from the fans though, as they aren't blameless. I was listening to a phone in the other day and there were fans of numerous clubs saying that their clubs needed investment, solely to bring in better players so they could get promoted or challenge for the title. Probably the only fans that wouldn't want investment solely in players are those that support clubs that have come close to going to the wall.
Barry Scott

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 22:57:01 »

Some of it needs to come from the fans though, as they aren't blameless. I was listening to a phone in the other day and there were fans of numerous clubs saying that their clubs needed investment, solely to bring in better players so they could get promoted or challenge for the title. Probably the only fans that wouldn't want investment solely in players are those that support clubs that have come close to going to the wall.

It was happening here pre-season - people demanding more money to be spent etc. If we weren't winning people would be once again saying how Fitton needs to open his wallet. Bollocks i say, you can see what it does to clubs, i wouldn't want to be like we once were ever again.

Also, the fans are blameless in my opinion, it's not like they're spending the money, thank fuck, it's dumb chairmen with their egos and dreams. The fans are merely giving them a gentle nudge. Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 23:19:41 »

One of the papers said the government are considering appointing a football regulator, primarily to sort the financial mess out. Not sure I'd be in favour of that, but maybe the threat alone will be enough for football to get its house in order.
Well thats alright then, fuck me football is saved. Hellelujah. Another fucking quango.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: