Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253349 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 20:14:04 »

What a pair of idiots, how much are they in debt? Sums up the stupid people who run these clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8473694.stm
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 21:28:33 »

To be fair, they've basically said they're not running at as a business.

If it's that or go down, RvN would be worth every penny. Of course, if they were to go down with him, they'd be fucked.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 21:56:07 »

What a pair of idiots, how much are they in debt? Sums up the stupid people who run these clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8473694.stm
I think they already know they're not going to get him, if they seriously think they still will, then revealing those kinds of figures while serious negotiations are still ongoing would appear to be a major bollock-drop. In fact I strongly suspect they entered the bidding knowing they wouldn't, but would be able to wave this demonstration of their "ambition" and "passion for the club" and general "Sven comes to Notts County"-ness in front of the fans and the media.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 22, 2010, 09:21:26 »

I think they seem to know what they are doing. They recognise that they can't spend stupid amounts on players and just want one big signing who can make a real difference. West Ham will be in a very difficult situation if they get relegated, and whilst it would be wild to assume that they'd suffer the same fate as Leeds, Southampton et al, there's always a chance it could happen. Staying in the PL this season would be a huge boost.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 15:04:43 »

Not looking great for Portsmouth paying staff on time this week either:
representatives of Al Faraj told Soccernet: "Who knows? We hope so. This month the wages fall on a Sunday, so they need to be paid this Friday or Monday. Will they be late again? As I said, who knows?"

This is in a story where they're denying a possible takover by Gadaffi's son - raising the interesting possibilty they could go from a Premier League transfer embargo straight into UN sanctions
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 15:08:37 »

Not looking great for Portsmouth paying staff on time this week either:
This is in a story where they're denying a possible takover by Gadaffi's son - raising the interesting possibilty they could go from a Premier League transfer embargo straight into UN sanctions

It's a rumour started by Southampton fans on local radio - apparently.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 15:12:26 »

It's a rumour started by Southampton fans on local radio - apparently.
Quite possibly as it's on the back page of the Mirror, so almost certainly bullshit. But they'd really need to go to those kinds of lengths if they want to take the whole "basket case club" thing to the next level.

The quote about "Who knows?" re wages is from soccernet, btw, not the Mirror. So that's probably bullshit as well, but then any journo who wants can make up pretty much anything they like about Portsmouth these days - what are Pompey going to do about it? Sue them for damage to their reputation?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 15:29:49 »

Apparently their transfer embargo is to be lifted as they have agreed repayments with other clubs - so they have just to agree repayments with the clubs that they won't be able to afford to pay when they sign players, how pathetic, they have not got any money and face the HMRC in a high court showdown yet the PL will allow them to rack up more debt that they cannot afford or pay
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 16:11:57 »

Apparently their transfer embargo is to be lifted as they have agreed repayments with other clubs - so they have just to agree repayments with the clubs that they won't be able to afford to pay when they sign players, how pathetic, they have not got any money and face the HMRC in a high court showdown yet the PL will allow them to rack up more debt that they cannot afford or pay

Loans and free's evidently

Will have to take the hit on wages mind, unless they can unload players (hardly like it as they are down to the bare bones now !)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:00:22 »

Another club with millions of debt who will eventually be back in business after going through administration and that millions of debt having been agreed to be paid back probably at a rate of 5p for every pound they owe.  More money the public purse should be getting being defaulted on.

I have no sympathy.  It disgusts me that these clubs (us included in the past) can continue to trade like this.  Its the regular man in the street whois being screwed.

Grr.

Never knowingly overstated.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:45:11 »

I've never been a fan of Barry Hearn but he talked a lot of sense on the Late Kick Off. He said he'll never let Orient borrow a single penny when he's in charge, clubs that spent what they can't afford are cheats and any club going in to administration should be demoted two divisions.

I like the sound of the last bit, with that hanging over clubs I doubt so many would fuck about with money like they do at present. A 10 point deduction means fuck all, going down two divisions would hurt every club it happens to.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:56:13 »

I've never been a fan of Barry Hearn but he talked a lot of sense on the Late Kick Off. He said he'll never let Orient borrow a single penny when he's in charge, clubs that spent what they can't afford are cheats and any club going in to administration should be demoted two divisions.

I like the sound of the last bit, with that hanging over clubs I doubt so many would fuck about with money like they do at present. A 10 point deduction means fuck all, going down two divisions would hurt every club it happens to.

Barry Hearn is in the process of trying to sell Brisbane Road to one of his own companies and lease it back to the club, which the Orient fans are against.

Here's some links fron the Leyton Orient Fans Trust (LOFT) :

http://www.leytonorientfanstrust.com/story.asp?storyChosen=174

http://www.leytonorientfanstrust.com/story.asp?storyChosen=176

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 13:06:16 »

Pompey have now had their website taken down as they haven't paid the operator. If it's Premium TV I don't think they've lost much!

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/

Edit: Also, Begovic and Kaboul are in talks with Spurs- anyone still taking bets on them getting relegated? I might put every penny I own on it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 13:18:29 by Nemo » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:06:19 »

Pompey have now had their website taken down as they haven't paid the operator.
But how are they going to communicate their "No, it's fine, really, there's no problem, honest, gov, you see we're expecting this postal order from our very rich aunt....." bullshit when they fail to pay the players again tomorrow?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:10:36 »

But how are they going to communicate their "No, it's fine, really, there's no problem, honest, gov, you see we're expecting this postal order from our very rich aunt....." bullshit when they fail to pay the players again tomorrow?

The Friday smoke signal statement with Peter Storrie!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: